PDA

View Full Version : Off the Subject

soccerhead
14/06/2001, 3:04 PM
Whats is the best website for soccer news???

James
14/06/2001, 3:13 PM
you looking for purely LOI
or premiership or International or general

for LOI i'd say eircomleague.net which a great group of regular visitiors or this one isnt starting out too bad.

they all have there own unique pluses though
soccercentral while a commercial site has a very good chat section which they utilise very well, by having managers come online and chat to fans as Pat Dolan did with great sucess a few weeks ago

At the mo IMAO there is no one definitive site
long-term this one could well be one to watch

soccerhead
14/06/2001, 3:18 PM
In my opinion i thought Soccercentral was extremely poor! Eircom League.net ill check that out! theres soccernet.com for english football and europe, global. theres another one i found a2zsoccer.com it cover basicaly evrytin.Soccernet i would have to say is the best during the season but at this time they havent got many stories.

James
14/06/2001, 3:23 PM
soccercentral overall is poor but due to its financial clout it can get people like Pat dolan to come and debate issues with fans so it's good for that alone.

it is though hard to judge sites now anyway. the off-season is very quite i'd say at all soccer sites.

the a2z site i have never looked at so i'll check it out

soccerhead
14/06/2001, 3:28 PM
yeah i totally agree there will be alot of speculation created about transfers over the next few weeks as the season gets closer

Conor B
14/06/2001, 4:11 PM
I would go with soccernet as well, they will give you all the scorers & stats of all the world cup aualifying rounds all over the world, even the one between St Lucia versus Trinidad

James
14/06/2001, 4:41 PM
really who actually won that one
cause i was looking on aertel and couldnt find the result anywhere:D :D
i fancied trinidad myself but you never know

Conor B
14/06/2001, 8:19 PM
Unfortunately the game never went ahead as a viral epidemic swept through St Lucia and it has ceased to be a country. Trinidad get a bye, but bookies have honoured the away win.

pete
15/06/2001, 9:00 AM
For el has to be eircomleague.net

For everything else i'd say onefootball.com