PDA

View Full Version : EL ticket allocation....

KR's Post
26/11/2004, 3:49 PM
With Rooney out and donkey delaney in are there still going to be allocations for the north terrace and the eircom league section.... Will this still be promoted. Pity if it was to be forgotten about!!! :confused: :o

b_mcsweeney
29/11/2004, 10:33 PM
well, it was the eL fans who organised a protest against him last time out. now, if i know anything about the fai hierarchy, its that they wouldn't be the kind of people to hold a grudge or take any sort of petty revenge, putting their own agendas ahead of the fans or the team. no, hang on a second.

Troy.McClure
30/11/2004, 5:57 PM
Ya Im waiting fot it to be pulled, right around the time of the France and Swiss games, but after we've gone to all the friendlies & low profile games. :rolleyes:

harpskid
30/11/2004, 7:35 PM
Aren't they part of somesort of block booking scheme? Surely they can't just pull the plug on it mid way through the campaign...

Oh sorry i forgot - it's the FAI :rolleyes:

Cowboy
30/11/2004, 7:42 PM
my feeling is that the powers that be will use tickets to shore up support for the regime change. Tickets seem to be one of the tools used in the past to push particular agendas

Pablo
11/12/2004, 11:52 PM
the whole allocation usually depends on the size of away support that comes as far as i know, in other words if a full compliment is taken up by the French for instance then tickets for EL fans will be spread very thinly indeed!

pete
13/12/2004, 11:03 AM
Aren't they part of somesort of block booking scheme? Surely they can't just pull the plug on it mid way through the campaign...

I thought eL supporters now converted into approx 1000 block-booker tickets brokjen down club by club based on previous take-up?

Schumi
13/12/2004, 12:14 PM
I thought eL supporters now converted into approx 1000 block-booker tickets brokjen down club by club based on previous take-up?
That was the impression I had. I was told that we'd get the same number of tickets for all the games in this qualifying group.

Peadar
13/12/2004, 12:19 PM
I was told that we'd get the same number of tickets for all the games in this qualifying group.

Don't think so.
We were getting the returns from the visiting association.
I'd expect the French and the Swiss to have a greater interest and following than Cyprus and therefore there'll be less tickets available.

pineapple stu
13/12/2004, 12:46 PM
We were getting the returns from the visiting association.
I'd expect the French and the Swiss to have a greater interest and following than Cyprus and therefore there'll be less tickets available.

I think that was the way it was for the Euro 2004 qualifers - Georgia, Albania and Russia - as the idea was only new then and they had nothing allocated for it, so they gave us the returns. For the current campaign, I think they have set aside a set number of tickets as they had a chance to organise it before doing up the ticket allocations.