PDA

View Full Version : City's Worst eleven of the season

A face
26/11/2004, 12:51 AM
City's Worst eleven of the season - Not specifically football reasons.

Saw this on the Dublin City forum and thought we should have one too ...

I suppose it should be Dan Connor in goals, to start it off like ... just for being himself, we all know the history !!

Pick other roles aswell like Refs and lines men. Maybe the Manager might be that bit harder one to pick ... Fenlon, Seery, Ratnolds ?? ... all the rest were fine i think. Pick one and give the reason/incident/hatred beside it.

Anyway ... i've started it off

Dan Connor in goals - Because we'll never forget that gesture towards the Shed !!

thecorner
26/11/2004, 1:11 AM
reynolds must anchor the midfield ;)

reason...that elbow on georgie and eh...........for just being reynolds

A face
26/11/2004, 1:42 AM
reynolds must anchor the midfield ;)

reason...that elbow on georgie and eh...........for just being reynolds

Chríst ... forgot about that .... i bet he can still feel it .... how in gods name did he get away with that. If there every was an argument defending refs in this league ... it goes straight out the window after that.

max power
26/11/2004, 2:49 AM
me........

thecorner
26/11/2004, 6:14 AM
me........

eh...............................dont think so :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

drinkfeckarse
26/11/2004, 7:55 AM
should a thread about City's worst eleven this season not be about actual City players?

ccfcman
26/11/2004, 9:20 AM
a progressive thread :rolleyes:

tiktok
26/11/2004, 9:29 AM
apologies for double posting, but to get it going:

Worst XI: 4-3-3

Goals:
Dan Connor: For repeated stamping, kicking and punching.

Defence:
Damien Lynch: Who would have though one man could foul so much.
Carlton Palmer: Doesn't need explaining
Colin Hawkins: "I moved to Shels to win trophies". You're one of the reasons Bohs won nothing. :rolleyes:
Dave Crawley: I'm not sure he'd get on any other side's first XI :confused:

Midfield:
Stuey Byrne: For his last day 'sore winner' ranting :mad:
Glen Lacey: For doing a Barry Ryan, and pretty much getting away unscathed.
Alan Reynolds: See Dan Connor

Forwards:
Efan Ekoku: Doesn't need explaining
Juan Sara: After all the hype....nothing
Dominic Foley: I thought you were too good for this league? :rolleyes:

Manager
Roddy Collins: For the type of player he tried to sign

Chairman
Ronan Seery: This one's personal, although whinge, whinge, whinge :rolleyes:

thecorner
26/11/2004, 9:31 AM
Manager
Roddy Collins: For the type of player he tried to sign

could we have all the 3 dublin city managers that got them relegated this season...legends in their own right :D

patsh
26/11/2004, 10:27 AM
A Lá tiktok:

Worst XI: 4-3-3

Goals:
Dan Connor: For repeated stamping, kicking and punching.

Defence:
Damien Lynch: Who would have though one man could foul so much.
Jaime Harris: For trying to decapitate Benno
Colin Hawkins: "I moved to Shels to win trophies". You're one of the reasons Bohs won nothing. :rolleyes:
Owen Heary: Who gets away with being a thug simply becuase the Dublin meeja love him

Midfield:
Stuey Byrne: For his last day 'sore winner' ranting :mad:
Jim Crawford: For his constant foul play, abuse and intimidation of referees and for being a total scumbag.
Alan Reynolds: See Dan Connor

Forwards:
Robbie Doyle: For being a total arsewipe
Jason Byrne: For being a complete jackeen ignoramus to us when we were conversing with a few of his team mates in the Turner's Cross Tavern before the televised Saturday game against us.
Trevor Molloy: For his continuing attempts to drag eL players image down to the level of some jackeen ghetto scumbag.

Manager
Alan Matthews: For being a whinging, moany pr*ck who attempted to belittle a team which has destroyed his over the last few seasons.

Chairman
Ronan Seery: For his internet rantings which highlight his complete lack of moral fibre, intellectual capacity and bitter little tosser personality.

adamd164
26/11/2004, 5:43 PM
If we're gonna put in refs then Ian 'look when I want' Stokes deserves a mention (along with the usual suspects - Jim O'Neill included).

btw My Most HATED Team:
'Keeper:
D Connor (Waaaaaahurfur Utd)

Defenders:
J Harris (the $H€LIBAN)
O Heary (the $H€LIBAN)
C Palmer (The Team Formerly Known As Home Farm Fingal FC - For a few days!)
C Hawkins (Bohez..... no, $H€LIBAN...... no, Bohez....... no, wait - $H€LIBAN!)

Midfielders:
A Reynolds (Sheepshag Utd)
O Cahill (the $H€LIBAN)
S Byrne (the $H€LIBAN)

Forwards:
T Molloy (Scumrock)
J Byrne (the $H€LIBAN)
G Crowe (see Hawkins)

RedX
27/11/2004, 11:47 AM
My worst team of the season is....

$helBohs... from 1-11....

Add Roddy as manager and Ollie Byrne as chairman...

Ref: Ian Stokes

Fair_play_boy
27/11/2004, 12:21 PM
Ref: Ian StokesLinesmen: McKeon and Foley.

RedX
27/11/2004, 12:27 PM
Linesmen: McKeon and Foley.

If its Eddie Foley you mean isnt it funny to think this guy actually officiated at the World Cup a few years back..he is extremely poor..i wonder do they pick these names out of a hat?.. :confused:

Passive
27/11/2004, 3:17 PM
Trevor Molloy: For his continuing attempts to drag eL players image down to the level of some jackeen ghetto scumbag.

I don't see what you mean by that statement. Trev is from a disadvantaged area of Dublin but I don't see what that has to do with his undoubted football ability. He brings a flare and passion to the league that very few players do.

CollegeTillIDie
27/11/2004, 3:26 PM
I don't see what you mean by that statement. Trev is from a disadvantaged area of Dublin but I don't see what that has to do with his undoubted football ability. He brings a flare and passion to the league that very few players do.

Agree with this last posting, when did snobbery enter football pray tell?

patsh
27/11/2004, 6:23 PM
I don't see what you mean by that statement. Trev is from a disadvantaged area of Dublin but I don't see what that has to do with his undoubted football ability. He brings a flare and passion to the league that very few players do. I'll make it simple. No matter where he comes from, he is a scumbag, a little gurrier and scut. When he leaves for Bohs, you'll be calling him a lot worse.