PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Flops of the year

Pages : [1] 2

Breifne
26/11/2004, 12:27 AM
My Worst eleven of the season - Not specifically football reasons, and some for blatant bias towards Dublin City

Manager: Roddy Collins (Shamrock Rovers, well at least at the time of writing this he was reported to be, but that could be liable to change on a whim) - The Turncoat in the Overcoat - Do I have to give any more reasons

1. Dan Connor (Waterford United) - Purely for the thuggery getting sent off for punching Gary O'Neill in the head in the RSC
2. Damien Lynch (Bohemians) - How many penalties and red cards can one player be responsible for.
3. David Crawley (Shelbourne) - for making remarks about a young Dublin City fans mother from the pitch, when she was sitting right beside the touchline.
4. Carlton Palmer (Dublin City) - Didn't think he was particularly poor, but just feel that he had to be included.
5. Grant Cooper (Dublin City) - for refusing to travel to the last few games of the season.
6. Glen Fitzpatrick (Shelbourne) - Never really lived up the hype that surrounded him when he signed for Shels. Saw putrid in the first leg against Deportivo.
7. Stephen Grant (Shamrock Rovers) - For that hat trick against Dublin City - just a personal thing
8. George O'Callaghan
9. Efan Ekoku (Dublin City) - No explanation required.
10. Dominic Foley (Bohemans) - He came, he saw, he never quite conquered.
11. James Keddy (Bohemians) - Never came close to the hype over his signing from Rovers.

12. Shay Kelly (Bohemians) - Think he is completely overrated.
13. Pierre Ennis (Dublin City) - Was the weakest link in the John Gill managed form of the club.
14. Declan O'Brien (Drogheda United) - for continuing to score against DCFC. he just kept doing it all season. Fair play all the same, but he had to be included as i think every Dublin City fan hated the sight of him taking the pitch against us
15. Jason Byrne (Shelbourne) - See Above
16. Andy Myler (Drogheda United) - See Above

rebelcorkbhoy
26/11/2004, 12:51 AM
good man breifne. typical braindead dub. your worst eleven and you put in 16.

1.olly byrne-just for being a convicted ******
2.ian stokes-just for being a cheat
3.eddie foley-for being such a midget
4.shels assiatant manager- for not been able to accept he was dolans assistant and nothing better
5.waterford fans- just muppets
6.rovers fans-wannabe milwall hooligans
7.bohs fans-wannabe rover hooligans
8.reynolds-more clubs than tiger woods.one motivation factor money
9.bobby ryan-for being so ugly
10.noel king-fails to recognise that there is actually eircom league clubs based outside the pale
11.all dublin fans- irratating pack of smack heads

max power
26/11/2004, 2:48 AM
cork.....who remembers second place :p

thecorner
26/11/2004, 7:20 AM
cork.....who remembers second place :p

i see you're still obsessed with the big club ;)

tiktok
26/11/2004, 9:10 AM

A First XI and subs.
All the teams of the year had the same format.
Your own XI only contains two actual players, reads a bit braindead itself. :rolleyes:

Anyway, mine 4-3-3

Goals:
Dan Connor: For repeated stamping, kicking and punching.

Defence:
Damien Lynch: Have to agree with Breifne.
Carlton Palmer: Doesn't need explaining
Colin Hawkins: "I moved to Shels to win trophies". You're one of the reasons Bohs won nothing. :rolleyes:
Dave Crawley: I'm not sure he'd get on any other side's first XI

Midfield:
Stuey Byrne: For his last day 'sore winner' ranting
Glen Lacey: For doing a Barry Ryan, and pretty much getting away unscathed.
Alan Reynolds: See Dan Connor

Forwards:
Efan Ekoku: Doesn't need explaining
Juan Sara: After all the hype....nothing
Dominic Foley: I thought you were too good for this league?

MariborKev
26/11/2004, 10:37 AM
Sure Alan Murphy has to feature in the flops of the season €22k(which we paid, unlike Shels) and 6 goals

manic da hoop
26/11/2004, 10:38 AM
Breifne, you have a very strange understanding of the word 'flop' indeed. Usually it tends to mean that someone has failed to live up to peoples' expectations - if so, why would Stephen Grant be included BECAUSE he scored a hat-trick (Declan O'Brien and Jason Byrne - yes 25 goals a season Jason Byrne - for pretty much the same reason), and David Crawley because of something he said!

Macy
26/11/2004, 10:39 AM
Sure Alan Murphy has to feature in the flops of the season €22k(which we paid, unlike Shels) and 6 goals
It's just the jinx of snatching players from under our noses. Whatever happened to Padraig Moran? :D

dortie
26/11/2004, 12:39 PM
I wouldnt blame Murphy at all for his lack of goals considering our overall goal tally its not a bad ratio. We need a more attacking midfield for next season.

My dud for Derry City this season would be Clive Delaney ! I only hope if we keep him another year he will prove me wrong.

Macy
26/11/2004, 12:54 PM
My dud for Derry City this season would be Clive Delaney ! I only hope if we keep him another year he will prove me wrong.
Seriously, I have never rated him, even back in his UCD days....

ConfusedBlue
26/11/2004, 12:58 PM
Can't understand why ye all list Connor and Reynolds!!!They're far from flops,the 2 of them do(or did) what they do(or did) well and they get away with it,if they played for ye would ye be moaning about it??????

Hibs4Ever
26/11/2004, 12:58 PM
I thought he was great at UCD. When Saints signed him I thought it was a brilliant signing. But he was terrible with us, really bad.

ConfusedBlue
26/11/2004, 1:09 PM
Purely for the thuggery getting sent off for punching Gary O'Neill in the head in the RSC
O'Neill deserved everything he got purely because of the stunt he pulled on us last season!!!!!!

patsh
26/11/2004, 1:12 PM
O'Neill deserved everything he got purely because of the stunt he pulled on us last season!!!!!!Typical response.....:rolleyes:

ConfusedBlue
26/11/2004, 1:19 PM
Typical response.....
Well sure its the same response we get from the so-called "CCFC" fans over on the BTID forum concerning Reynolds or Connor.I seem to remember ye taking great delight in Reynolds unwarranted sending off against ye in the RSC!!!

wablue
26/11/2004, 2:01 PM
neal fenn anyone??

Aberdonian Stu
26/11/2004, 2:05 PM
Delaney did very well at UCD, and was highly rated at West Ham before being let go due to necessary cuts and McCarthy wanted him at Sunderland but didn't have the funds to take on many players (even freebies like him). Has flopped particularly badly since he came back, more so at Derry than Pats.

Passive
26/11/2004, 2:22 PM
Dominic Foley has to be the biggest flop - Bohs fans are convinced that Kenny only signed him because he knew he was about to get the chop!
Juan Sara deserves a mention. I would have said Tony Grant, but sadly he's done alright recently.
No real flops at Rovers because he weren't expecting much - Gavin McDonnell has struggled but only because he's found the step up from LSL tough.
El Khiber (or whatever his name is) at Pats had a nightmare season. Anyone at Dublin City deserves to be put down (aside from Gary O'Neill, who was superb, and Marc Kenny - the new saviour of Rovers :rolleyes: )

Dodge
26/11/2004, 2:42 PM
For Pats, El Khebir was the player I've seen deteriorate most ever. Pretty good last season, awful this season to the point of embarressment.

Agree with what Passive said about Sara and Foley.

I reckon Bohs whole squad deserves a mention in any "flops of the season" thread

NY Hoop
26/11/2004, 2:59 PM

1.olly byrne-just for being a convicted ******
2.ian stokes-just for being a cheat
3.eddie foley-for being such a midget
4.shels assiatant manager- for not been able to accept he was dolans assistant and nothing better
5.waterford fans- just muppets
6.rovers fans-wannabe milwall hooligans
7.bohs fans-wannabe rover hooligans
8.reynolds-more clubs than tiger woods.one motivation factor money
9.bobby ryan-for being so ugly
10.noel king-fails to recognise that there is actually eircom league clubs based outside the pale
11.all dublin fans- irratating pack of smack heads

6. You sad git. Been reading the herald again?

KOH

Macy
26/11/2004, 3:08 PM
Biggest flop for Town would've Keegan - just about saved himself with the Cup Final winner, but considering that was his first goal of the season...

Longfordian
26/11/2004, 3:11 PM
He just about did enough to avoid total flopdom but he was disappointing, though to be fair he was carrying an injury for a long while

Maz
26/11/2004, 3:15 PM
Il just add Shane Barrett to the list! my opinion of course, before all his fans attack me

Longfordian
26/11/2004, 3:29 PM
True he didnt have a great season, second season syndrome, but he has ability

BobtheDrog
26/11/2004, 6:45 PM
Tony O'Dowd (for being a waste of space)
Spud Murphy (for his post match antics after the cup semi final)
Glenn Lacey (for bringing shame on drogheda united)
Gavin Whelan (for stepping onto a football pitch)
Ollie Byrne for his attempted attack on the ref following jason byrnes sending off vs drogheda)
the drogheda fan who attacked a linesman in the first match vs longford
the attempts of a group of bohs fans to invade the drogheda side of the ground who got repelled by a group of 13 year olds
Dessie baker (see spud)

Maz
26/11/2004, 6:50 PM
Tony O'Dowd (for being a waste of space)
Spud Murphy (for his post match antics after the cup semi final)
Glenn Lacey (for bringing shame on drogheda united)
Gavin Whelan (for stepping onto a football pitch)
Ollie Byrne for his attempted attack on the ref following jason byrnes sending off vs drogheda)
the drogheda fan who attacked a linesman in the first match vs longford
the attempts of a group of bohs fans to invade the drogheda side of the ground who got repelled by a group of 13 year olds

i thought that was dessie!?

the 12 th man
26/11/2004, 7:43 PM
Il just add Shane Barrett to the list! my opinion of course, before all his fans attack me

d'ont give up on shaney-boy yet maz,he has the pace/potential to be a great player. :)

Poor Student
26/11/2004, 7:45 PM
Alex Nesovic could easily get in there.

Maz
26/11/2004, 7:47 PM
d'ont give up on shaney-boy yet maz,he has the pace/potential to be a great player. :)

theres only so much time you can give! we needed goals this season and the amount of possession he wasted and lost just killed me watchin the games! regardless of wat everyone else thinks! in Vaduz he was our weakest player and twas so blatantly obvious that he should have been substituted after 15/20 mins! we need to win games not hope he will suddenly come good during a game!

the 12 th man
26/11/2004, 7:50 PM
theres only so much time you can give! we needed goals this season and the amount of possession he wasted and lost just killed me watchin the games! regardless of wat everyone else thinks! in Vaduz he was our weakest player and twas so blatantly obvious that he should have been substituted after 15/20 mins! we need to win games not hope he will suddenly come good during a game!

BELIEVE .................................................. ... :D ;)

Maz
26/11/2004, 7:51 PM
BELIEVE .................................................. ... :D ;)

i just dont know if i can anymore!! ;) :p

Éanna
26/11/2004, 8:31 PM
8. George O'Callaghan
no reason, nothing. Why? :confused: The guy has more class than the whole Home Farm squad put together!

As for my list:
Manager: That little fella who was at Pats. Realised he wasn't up to it and went back to being an assistant.
Club official: first time ever, but oily Byrne has been pushed into second by Roland Rat Seery.
Official: Stokes. He'll give me heart failure soon.
Small official: Foley. the worst of the lot.
Player: Dominic Foley. irish international, you're having a laugh :rolleyes:
Administration: joint award for the league and the FAI

Enda M
26/11/2004, 8:57 PM
neale fenn was excellent last year but was a major flop this campaign and the signing of paul keegan as a flop has been no surprise to me.

LukeO
26/11/2004, 10:14 PM
Apologies, a lot of my team is made up of (ex) Bohs players, simply because they were farcical this season.

Goalie:
Shay Kelly: With Gregg signing a new contract, hopefully we'll get rid of this guy - he's been **** poor.

Defence:
Damien Lynch: Thank God he is gone.

Paul McNally: What a ******. He's robbed Bohs blind over the last couple of years.

Colin "Pinnochio" Hawkins: I think what titkok said is the general consensus among Bohs fans. OverJudas

Dave Crawley: Cannot believe Shels have given this guy a new contract.

Midfield:
Bobby "Shergar" Ryan: After 1 and a half years of serving up complete ****e, he suddenly starts dishing the quality performances we all knew he was capable of. Why? Because he was playing for a contract a Shels. Judas.

Stuey Byrne: Ditto what titkok said.

Alan Reynolds: For being a total provocative scumbag and for taking a chunk out of Stephen Ward's arm.

Mark Rutherford: Was great for Bohs but any time I have seen Rovers this season he has been **** poor.

Forwards:
Neale Fenn:
Juan Sara: Who?

__________________________________________________ _________#

Manager: Roddy Collins: As a Bohs fan, I had so much respect for the man. But what he did to Dublin City was unforgiveable.

Board: Ditto what I said about RC and for the way they continue to lie and **** all over their fans and players.

Chairman(or whatever he is):Ollie Byrne: What a pathetic little man.

B-Stand
27/11/2004, 10:35 AM
I reckon Bohs whole squad deserves a mention in any "flops of the season" thread

Sad, but very true :mad:

Passive
27/11/2004, 11:10 AM
Ronan Seery: "we would have stayed up if Roddy had stayed with us". Give me a break you sad, little man. And take your slanderous website match reports with you.

BobtheDrog
27/11/2004, 7:38 PM
i thought that was dessie!?
both actually just forgot to add him to the list

CollegeTillIDie
27/11/2004, 11:59 PM
Ronan Seery: "we would have stayed up if Roddy had stayed with us".

No Ronan. Might have done if Giller had been there to the end of the season though. But sure if your auntie had had balls she would have been your uncle :o

corkharps
28/11/2004, 12:37 AM
Noel King.Nuff said! :mad:

bohs til i die
28/11/2004, 4:45 PM

There is an entire message board dedicated to our flops [the ones who are staying, and more obviously, the judas ****s who have left].

http://gypsiesweb.proboards14.com/index.cgi?board=general

Flea
28/11/2004, 4:51 PM

How can Shane be called a flop? Our most exciting player, and the second most talented after Dillo, I'd say he'd even beat Henry over 100 yards! Some critics of him will never let up ;)

Maz
28/11/2004, 4:53 PM
How can Shane be called a flop? Our most exciting player, and the second most talented after Dillo, I'd say he'd even beat Henry over 100 yards! Some critics of him will never let up ;)

of course how silly of me! i must have been watchin different games than everyone else! :rolleyes:

Flea
28/11/2004, 4:55 PM
you should really get those catarax seen to and stop listening to Damien Richardson ;)

Flea
28/11/2004, 4:56 PM
no pun on the word 'seen to' btw

Maz
28/11/2004, 4:57 PM
you should really get those catarax seen to and stop listening to Damien Richardson ;)

quite the comedian! :rolleyes:

harry crumb
28/11/2004, 6:00 PM
I'd put Cobh Rambler's season down as big flop.

Crappy attendences
Inconsistent performances
Lack of visible progress
Change of manager

I went down to cobh a good few times this season and they play good football but it is a club that is living in the dark ages. What is the point in having Cobh in the league? They will never challenge for the league IMO and will allways live in the shadow of Cork City.

Comic Book Guy
28/11/2004, 6:57 PM
I'd put Cobh Rambler's season down as big flop.

Crappy attendences
Inconsistent performances
Lack of visible progress
Change of manager

I went down to cobh a good few times this season and they play good football but it is a club that is living in the dark ages. What is the point in having Cobh in the league? They will never challenge for the league IMO and will allways live in the shadow of Cork City.

Well Harry we may be crap at the mo and that's down to bad off the field management but at least the same club has represented Cobh for 82 years, in the meantime Fordsons, Cork F.C, Cork bohemians, Cork City (mark I), Cork United (mark I) Cork Athletic, Evergreen, Cork Hibernians, Cork Celtic, Cork Alberts, Cork United (mark II) have all come and gone.
Another thing Harry my club still wear claret and blue after all these years and City have changed colours more often than a sick chameleon.
While your club may be the envy of the league in terms of crowds you would do well to remember the very early years of Cork City playing in front of a couple of hundred people at the cross, the majority of your support will whittle away given a few bad results as has been proved in the past.

harry crumb
28/11/2004, 7:07 PM
Well I don't think the present Cork team will suffer the same fate as those that have gone before. I know our crowds can go down when out results don't go our way but even at our worst in the last 5 years we would still have more than Cobh. I just don't see the point in being in the league if there is no ambition to do anything.

Is there any truth in the rumour that the club is going to back to the MSL? This was hinted at by gareth cronin in this month's Spotter magazine. Would Cobh even win the MSL?

CollegeTillIDie
28/11/2004, 7:43 PM
Well Harry we may be crap at the mo and that's down to bad off the field management but at least the same club has represented Cobh for 82 years, in the meantime Fordsons, Cork F.C, Cork bohemians, Cork City (mark I), Cork United (mark I) Cork Athletic, Evergreen, Cork Hibernians, Cork Celtic, Cork Alberts, Cork United (mark II) have all come and gone.
Another thing Harry my club still wear claret and blue after all these years and City have changed colours more often than a sick chameleon.
While your club may be the envy of the league in terms of crowds you would do well to remember the very early years of Cork City playing in front of a couple of hundred people at the cross, the majority of your support will whittle away given a few bad results as has been proved in the past.

Well said by the fan of the beaten FAI Intermediate Cup finalists of 1945 :D

Bosco
28/11/2004, 8:07 PM
Flea,I cant decide whether you are being sarcastic or not.
Barrett was our biggest fop and in my opinion was lucky to stay(even do it would have saddened me).Going form being one of the best young players n the league to just about starting(in a different position).He has never been the same since his injury.He can have all the pace in the world but he has lost his ball control.At the start of the season,I blieved that he just needed a bit of confidence but it never happened.He has talent but he needs to realise that.