PDA

View Full Version : relegation next season

max power
25/11/2004, 2:33 PM
is it one down and a playoff or are the bottom two teams just straight down

Aberdonian Stu
25/11/2004, 2:38 PM
I would assume it's back to the old system of 2 down, a playoff, then appeals by the loser of the playoff, then an appeal by the team who finished fourth in the first division, then an appeal by the two automatically relegated teams. :D

Roo69
25/11/2004, 2:42 PM
is it one down and a playoff or are the bottom two teams just straight down

Ah jesus Max, let us enjoy promotion for a few weeks before you start talking about Relegation :D

max power
25/11/2004, 2:42 PM
I would assume it's back to the old system of 2 down, a playoff, then appeals by the loser of the playoff, then an appeal by the team who finished fourth in the first division, then an appeal by the two automatically relegated teams. :D

sounds bout right to me :D

joey B
25/11/2004, 2:46 PM
Dont mention the word p**Y o*f.I hate them i hate them i hate i hate them. :D

dortie
25/11/2004, 2:51 PM
Dont mention the word p**Y o*f.I hate them i hate them i hate i hate them. :D

You wont need to worry about play-offs, you will be going straight down.

holidaysong
25/11/2004, 2:51 PM
I was searching on the internet for this exact question and came across this site - a nice wee LOI community yous have going here, so I joined!

Anyway I heard it is going to be one up, one down and no playoffs.. that would be a bit ****e for first division teams.

Macy
25/11/2004, 2:54 PM
You wont need to worry about play-offs, you will be going straight down.
Tenuously linked to the play off's and Derry and Harps, I was watching that Derry Beat thing last night - no wonder you don't want them in the ground. They'd be no use at all - that fella in the Celtic away jersey at the gas leak had to spend about an hour talking himself into getting nicked... :D

Aberdonian Stu
25/11/2004, 2:57 PM
One up one down would be a bit of a joke, while there mightn't be too much strength in th 1st division the Prem needs more competition for survival with the increased size.

dortie
25/11/2004, 2:59 PM
Tenuously linked to the play off's and Derry and Harps, I was watching that Derry Beat thing last night - no wonder you don't want them in the ground. They'd be no use at all - that fella in the Celtic away jersey at the gas leak had to spend about an hour talking himself into getting nicked... :D

As you are aware that TV show is heavily edited, in favour of who I wonder :rolleyes:

Such a wonderfull community service they provide !

joey B
25/11/2004, 3:02 PM
That tit in the celtic jersey deserved a slap.

dortie
25/11/2004, 4:10 PM
That tit in the celtic jersey deserved a slap.

Why dont you tell him that, Im sure he would slap you first though !

joey B
25/11/2004, 4:15 PM
Hard man from derry hi .

dortie
25/11/2004, 4:16 PM
Hard man from derry hi .

Just not Internet slabbers !

eamoss
25/11/2004, 5:06 PM
I was searching on the internet for this exact question and came across this site - a nice wee LOI community yous have going here, so I joined!

Anyway I heard it is going to be one up, one down and no playoffs.. that would be a bit ****e for first division teams.
Wecome, Nice to see more people from Dundalk using this forum!

I hope its 2 down 2 up!

pineapple stu
25/11/2004, 11:07 PM
Was talking to a lad from the FAI after the Kilkenny game (no names named!) and he was saying that no final decision had yet been made. However, he aso said that they were it would likely not be 2 and 1, as that woul dgive the eighth-worst team in the First a chance to play in the Premier, which, given the state of the First, wouldn't be a very good idea. So it sounds like 2 up 2 down or 1 and 1 in the play-off.