PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Licencing- What's the story?

paudie
25/11/2004, 12:41 PM
All clubs have to be assessed annually AFAIK. When will the new licences be decided?

Noel King was talking about licencing being fudged.

I hope its not lets slide as it was an excellent way of raising standards in the league.

pineapple stu
25/11/2004, 12:44 PM
Part of the problem as I see it is that clubs require grants to update grounds...grants come from the FAI...FAI money comes from the Government...Government are withholding FAI money because the FAI are idiots. That's very simplistic, but it is some of the problem. The FAI needed to put its money where its mouth was on UEFA Licencing and hasn't. Clubs averaging 300/400 (i.e. half the First Division) can't just up and build 1500 covered seats.

paudie
25/11/2004, 1:16 PM
Part of the problem as I see it is that clubs require grants to update grounds...grants come from the FAI...FAI money comes from the Government...Government are withholding FAI money because the FAI are idiots. That's very simplistic, but it is some of the problem. The FAI needed to put its money where its mouth was on UEFA Licencing and hasn't. Clubs averaging 300/400 (i.e. half the First Division) can't just up and build 1500 covered seats.

Agree with you.

That begs another question. whats the story with the Capital Grants? I've been hearing about investigations into the "two clubs" who used previous grants to pay wages for ages.

Are we any closer to those grants being released?

sonofstan
25/11/2004, 1:21 PM
simplistic is good, sometimes. That's pretty much spot on

patsh
25/11/2004, 1:39 PM
That begs another question. whats the story with the Capital Grants? I've been hearing about investigations into the "two clubs" who used previous grants to pay wages for ages.

Are we any closer to those grants being released?No. From what I've heard, the two clubs, both from Dublin I believe, have not furnished the FAI or anyone else with an account of what they did with the money, and until that is satisfactorily sorted out, no more money is forth coming.
I suppose its common knowledge who the two clubs are?

thejollyrodger
25/11/2004, 2:13 PM
no ! who are the clubs ? maybe some action can be done then

patsh
25/11/2004, 2:37 PM
no ! who are the clubs ? maybe some action can be done thenHave a good look at your avatar for a clue.....:rolleyes:

dortie
25/11/2004, 2:56 PM
I presume Harps, UCD and Bray have an A-license ??

joey B
25/11/2004, 3:03 PM
yep ;) ;)

harpskid
25/11/2004, 3:11 PM

We don't no. We meet 4 out of the 5 criteria and with work on our new ground expected to start sometime soon we'll get the same licence as Drogs etc

Longfordian
25/11/2004, 3:43 PM
With the work we did on our ground for Europe we now meet the five criteria and should be awarded the full A licence whenever they get around to meeting again..

manic da hoop
25/11/2004, 3:57 PM
with work on our new ground expected to start sometime soon we'll get the same licence as Drogs etc

New ground? First I heard of it, any details?

joey B
25/11/2004, 4:02 PM
heres some info........
http://finnharps.openhosts.com/latest_news/Aug0504.htm

dortie
25/11/2004, 4:09 PM
New ground? First I heard of it, any details?

Pie in the sky ground, as much plans as any other club has.

joey B
25/11/2004, 4:17 PM
Ok dortie/housty just because it dosent have a dogtrack around it dosent mean its pie in the sky.

pineapple stu
25/11/2004, 11:10 PM

We meet four of the five criteria. I'll let you guess which one we don't meet! Bottom line, though, is that there's feck all we can do about it at the moment.

harpskid
25/11/2004, 11:22 PM
Glad you have so much info on our club Dortie. You'd be in a position to comment on our plans alright :rolleyes:

Our plans aren't in fact 'pie in the sky' They are in fact very realistic plans to relocate to a site adjacent to the Finn valley Centre ion nearby Stranorlar. We'd only be moving across the river.

Talks with the co. council are said to be at an advanced stage and planning will probably be lodged within' the next few weeks.