PDA

View Full Version : Bouncebackability--Word or Codswallop

joeSoap
25/11/2004, 10:53 AM
I see Soccer AM seriously championing the cause of this 'word'. Personally, I think its great, especially in a sporting context.What do the rest of ye think of it???

GavinZac
25/11/2004, 11:35 AM
theres a word for that already. resilience. dont listen to that **** lovejoy's attempts to relive the fad of "save chip"

green goblin
25/11/2004, 1:31 PM
Sports presenters are always great value for money.
Personal fave still "There's only one word for that- 'Great darts' "

max power
25/11/2004, 1:34 PM
you should get in touch with rico, he always has meaningless $hite coming out of his mouth

green goblin
25/11/2004, 1:38 PM
you should get in touch with rico, he always has meaningless $hite coming out of his mouth

??? Not with you :confused:

Peadar
25/11/2004, 1:40 PM
What do the rest of ye think of it???

Don't know if you guys have the ad for Championship Manager on the radio but a journo rings Gordon Strachan and says, "Can I've a word, Gordon?" to which he replies, "BounceBackAbility!" The journo says, "isn't that 3 words, Gordon?" and in return, his reply is, "Not when I say it!"

I agree though, it is a great "word".

??? Not with you :confused:

Damien Richardson.
TV3 pundit.

gustavo
25/11/2004, 1:52 PM
any one notice that tim lovejoy john wark phil neal and some other old codgers are all in football manager 2005?

green goblin
25/11/2004, 1:58 PM
Damien Richardson.
TV3 pundit.
...der :o I was looking for posts by a foot.ie user called Rico. :o

drinkfeckarse
25/11/2004, 2:04 PM
I like the word but as was said, it's just his new thing after "save chip". He'll probably lose interest in it after a few more weeks.

You can't deny it's catching on though, I see Sergio Garcia has used it too!!

razor
25/11/2004, 3:30 PM
...der :o I was looking for posts by a foot.ie user called Rico. :o
I thought you were on about getting in touch with max regarding buckets of $hite, but forgot the question mark. :D

Babysis
25/11/2004, 3:46 PM
Cracking word. So what if it is a way of trying to re-create "save chip"?? Just shows the power of football!

GavinZac
25/11/2004, 5:25 PM
Cracking word. So what if it is a way of trying to re-create "save chip"?? Just shows the power of football!

it shows the power of a 'funny' prat on sky sport media warriors (tm)

joeSoap
26/11/2004, 2:28 PM
Yet everyone knows who he is, through....FOOTBALL!!

Colm
26/11/2004, 2:31 PM
Bouncebackability is just one of the many gems that comes from Soccer AM.

Soccer AM and Tim Lovejoy are hilarious, it's a great show to watch on a hungover Saturday morning.

Babysis
26/11/2004, 3:42 PM
Bouncebackability is just one of the many gems that comes from Soccer AM.

Soccer AM and Tim Lovejoy are hilarious, it's a great show to watch on a hungover Saturday morning.

Well said :D

Pat O' Banton
29/11/2004, 2:54 PM
So what if it is a way of trying to re-create "save chip"??

What is save chip? I remember a few people going on about it a while back. (BTW Football Italia's Saturday morning round up was always the best football programme that I can remember)

De Town
29/11/2004, 2:57 PM
What is save chip?

A few years ago, Lovejoy's "friend" was not allowed watch footie because his girlfriend wouldnt let him so they started a campaign to "SAVE CHIP".

jebus
29/11/2004, 3:03 PM
whatever helen chamberlain wants me to say i'll say it :p

De Town
29/11/2004, 3:05 PM
whatever helen chamberlain wants me to say i'll say it :p

........ :eek:

Troy.McClure
29/11/2004, 6:43 PM
A few years ago, Lovejoy's "friend" was not allowed watch footie because his girlfriend wouldnt let him so they started a campaign to "SAVE CHIP".

Im still in the dark? Put chip in a context please. :confused:

joeSoap
30/11/2004, 10:23 AM
Im still in the dark? Put chip in a context please. :confused:
Lovejoy has a mate and his nickname is Chip. Chip had the misfortune of moving in with his girlfriend, who was a little domineering, and put a ban on Chip watching footie on the box. Lovejoy started a "Save Chip" campaign, where he urged fans everywhere to make signs, t-shirts, the likes of, and show them off at matches, events etc. It featured every saturday morning.
"Save Chip" was seen in grounds all over Europe, at cricket and rugby games, worn by contestants in marathons, postered all over east london, and even had a greyhound named after it who ran at Walthamstow greyhound track, winning a few times as well.....hope this helps.

CollegeTillIDie
30/11/2004, 6:47 PM
The word is pure codswallop... to refer back to a previous contribution, the word resilience is what is required.

Pat O' Banton
30/11/2004, 7:36 PM
More concerned with this 'Save Chip' nonsense.

This actually became a national campaign? People really brought signs and t-shirts to a game over some bloke too repressed to communicate properly with his misses? I mean sounds to me like Soccer AM managed to trick a few people (who already contribute money to Sky) to spend some more of their hard earned on giving them some free advertising. Never mind boucebackablity we should be debating the word gulible.