PDA

View Full Version : League of Ireland on Twitter

TheBoss
22/03/2015, 4:41 AM
When using Twitter to view League of Ireland news/updates or other information, it is a heavily congested I feel. For starters what hashtag should I search for because over the last few years, I've have seen many different forms that people use. For instance, the most common ones would be:

#LeagueOfIreland - #LOI - #LOILive - #LOI19 - #EASportsCup - #FAICup -#SupportingLOI - #FanPoweredFootball - #LoveLiveFootball - #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

How is the league meant to get trending if they are so many different hashtags. If all these were combined into a single hashtag, then it would have a massively increased chance of trending. Also, when clubs themselves are tweeting, most of them never use a tag for the league, which is a waste I think. Some of them use their own tags, some regularly, others less so:

Cork (#CCFC84), Sligo (#Bitored), Dundalk (#DFC), Galway (#GUFC), Drogheda (#Drogs), Bray Wanderers (#BWFC / #BWFC30), Cabinteely (#WeAreCabo / #Cabo), Finn Harps (#UTH), Wexford Youths (#WYFC). The other clubs hardly use any tag at all.

What we need is a tag that fans and clubs can both use together, instead of all these tags, the League of Ireland is small enough and to have some many tags for a league that does not have the greatest of audiences is not the most ideal way to assist it on this platform. Anyone else have an opinion or thoughts on this?

Dodge
22/03/2015, 7:57 AM
Anyone else have an opinion or thoughts on this?

Yes, don't worry about trending on Twitter. It doesn't matter at all. You won't get any uniformity from clubs (nor should they care)

It is very easy to find LOI news via twitter. Long may that continue

White Horse
22/03/2015, 9:31 AM
I agree with The Boss on this. It's so much about trending as it is about being able to easily find the many tweets about the LOI.

Consistent use of accepted hashtags could only be helpful.

Ezeikial
22/03/2015, 12:07 PM
It is very easy to find LOI news via twitter. Long may that continue

LOI views as well.......some of which can be truly hilarious

Dodge
22/03/2015, 9:24 PM
LOI views as well.......some of which can be truly hilarious
Of course. Nearly as many eejits as there is here

ger121
22/03/2015, 10:06 PM
Of course. Nearly as many eejits as there is here

Easier to avoid them on Twitter though.

outspoken
23/03/2015, 2:53 PM
Defo agree that a universal LOI hashtag should be agreed on. Something short so that clubs can still include it in their match updates on Twitter becuase after all we only have 140 characters to use.

Paddyfield
24/03/2015, 9:26 PM
Dodge is a LOI Twitter legend.
#dodge