PDA

View Full Version : Game Week 3

Pages : [1] 2 3

sulywaterfordfc
20/03/2015, 12:19 PM
Surprised the thread hasn't been started already. Wooo it's match day #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

Premier Division
Shams v Cork
Galway v Drogheda United
Dundalk v St. Patrick's Ath
Bray Wanderers v Bohemians
Limerick v Longford Town
Sligo Rovers v Derry City

First Division
Cabinteely v Shels
UCD v Athlone Town
Waterford v Finn Harps
Cobh v Wexford

outspoken
20/03/2015, 12:23 PM
Fancy our first win of the season, a draw won't be a disaster if we play well it's all about getting off the mark as soon as possible especially with 2 winnable fixtures to follow. Excited.

nigel-harps1954
20/03/2015, 12:42 PM
Harps are gonna win 10-0. You heard it here first.

sulywaterfordfc
20/03/2015, 1:59 PM
Harps are gonna win 10-0. You heard it here first.

Can see us and yourselfs drawing. Can't imagine there'll be many goals (Although I hope I'm wrong and we win like 5-4).

PartySaint
20/03/2015, 2:08 PM
Can't see us winning in Dundalk tonight.

Can't wait until I get to blame the pitch after we lose.

Ezeikial
20/03/2015, 4:00 PM
Can't see us winning in Dundalk tonight.

That's the spirit

Yossarian
20/03/2015, 5:28 PM

If we lose it's all because of the pitch.

White Horse
20/03/2015, 5:34 PM

Fair enough.

Just don't be complaining about the lack of cheese and onion crisps.

Longfordian
20/03/2015, 5:36 PM
And the minerals.

nigel-harps1954
20/03/2015, 8:02 PM
Shane Nolan with an awfully short cameo appearance for Waterford tonight. Came on as a sub and sent off 6 minutes later.

nigel-harps1954
20/03/2015, 8:04 PM
Mickey Funston comes on for Harps and gets booked less than a minute later...quality.

Mr A
20/03/2015, 8:42 PM
Looks like Waterford have been totally eclipsed by the Harps.

Dunny
20/03/2015, 8:45 PM
Pitch 3-0 Pats

Town Legend
20/03/2015, 8:52 PM
Good win by the Harps tonight. Darkhorse for the automatic spot?

Mr A
20/03/2015, 9:02 PM
Absolutely not. We got a decent result, but the goals came at the right time and Waterford will feel they were unlucky. Cobh will provide a massive challenge next week, like every team in this league, and we'll look no further than trying to get a result there.

Sam_Heggy
20/03/2015, 9:03 PM
Good win by the Harps tonight. Darkhorse for the automatic spot?

Ollie Horgan is currently on his way to Longford to bate ya round the head with a shtick for saying that.

7 points out of 9 and 3 clean sheets. Happy with the start but we've a record of getting carried away and falling flat on our faces.

Longfordian
20/03/2015, 9:10 PM
Absolutely not. We got a decent result, but the goals came at the right time and Waterford will feel they were unlucky. Cobh will provide a massive challenge next week, like every team in this league, and we'll look no further than trying to get a result there.

So you're going to take each game as it comes, at the end of the day?

Quayman
20/03/2015, 9:15 PM
And that's why we are champions. Great win for us. Puts us clear! What the he'll was Lillian brennan at? Slapping towell in the face right n front of the ref! He loves getting reds against us!

Mr A
20/03/2015, 9:25 PM
So you're going to take each game as it comes, at the end of the day?

If even that.

White Horse
20/03/2015, 9:33 PM
Winning games is easy when the opposition self-destruct.

Dundalk didn't have to do anything tonight, Pats lack of professionalism and self discipline gave us three points.

dong
20/03/2015, 9:44 PM

Dundalk didn't have to do anything tonight, Pats lack of professionalism and self discipline gave us three points.

Still had to put 3 goals away. Many teams would struggle to finish the job.

Bit of a message sent out there to use the hackneyed cliche.

Cuyahoga
20/03/2015, 10:10 PM
Shamrock Rovers 0 Cork City 0 . Not a great game, Rovers had the better chances but couldnt put the ball in the back of the net. Danny North was injured and was missed. Both teams wont be overly concerned about dropping two points at this stage of the season. Good crowd up from Cork. I'd guess at the attendance been about 4,500.

hoops1
20/03/2015, 10:12 PM
Looks like Waterford have been totally eclipsed by the Harps. very good

DaveyPats
20/03/2015, 10:17 PM

I have never seen such a one sided referee. Every single decision went Dundalks way.

Disappointed by our reaction to adversity, poor form.

I think Dundalk would have won the game regardless, but McCormack's second yellow was a joke.

oriel
20/03/2015, 10:21 PM
I would have liked to have seen what Pats would have been like with 11 men on, but both red cards were justified yet so avoidable, pure madness in both. There was no need for McCormack to go in like that right before HT when he was on a yellow card. As for Brennan, that's his second straight red in oriel park in two seasons. He actually won the ball from Towell, then went up to him for a bit of afters and put his forehead right up to his head, showed intent had to go.

Game over, Dundalk just cruised through after that, but it was 1-0 when it was 11 v 11, Pats were ok before the sendings offs, but never really stretched Dundalk. I was delighted for McMillan to get off and running in the league, totally unmarked for both goals, but that will do his confidence the world of good.

Excellent start by Dundalk, 9 points, 5 goals, none conceded, and still not really having to lift their game, of course the sendings off helped, but 3-0 is still a decent result.

Mr A
20/03/2015, 10:31 PM
Any word on whether Stephen Kenny managed to bring all his belongings home?

WoodquayBoy
20/03/2015, 10:32 PM
Still had to put 3 goals away. Many teams would struggle to finish the job.
Like Drogheda tonight - we had Oji sent off after 26 mins and Drogheda had the sum total of 2 shots on target, one of which was tiddler straight at keeper from 20 yards. I know they were missing Kavanagh and a couple of others, but expected a hell of a lot more from a side that twice came from behind to beat Sligo last week.
It was real backs-to-the-wall from us but hey, the final score is what counts and we're now off the mark, showed great character - happy days

White Horse
20/03/2015, 10:35 PM
I would have liked to have seen what Pats would have been like with 11 men on, but both red cards were justified yet so avoidable, pure madness in both. There was no need for McCormack to go in like that right before HT when he was on a yellow card. As for Brennan, that's his second straight red in oriel park in two seasons. He actually won the ball from Towell, then went up to him for a bit of afters and put his forehead right up to his head, showed intent had to go.

Game over, Dundalk just cruised through after that, but it was 1-0 when it was 11 v 11, Pats were ok before the sendings offs, but never really stretched Dundalk. I was delighted for McMillan to get off and running in the league, totally unmarked for both goals, but that will do his confidence the world of good.

Excellent start by Dundalk, 9 points, 5 goals, none conceded, and still not really having to lift their game, of course the sendings off helped, but 3-0 is still a decent result.

I thought Fagan looked dangerous the whole game. Pats could have got something out of the game even when they went down to 10 men. However, Brennan cost them any chance of that. The problem wasn't just Brennan though, Bolger and Browne were also out of control.

Ezeikial
20/03/2015, 10:37 PM
I have never seen such a one sided referee. Every single decision went Dundalks way.

Disappointed by our reaction to adversity, poor form.

I think Dundalk would have won the game regardless, but McCormack's second yellow was a joke.

Nonesense.

There were only two major decisions for the referee to make - first McCormack and then Brennan made it very straightforward and clear cut.

Both players displayed petulance and a lack of discipline. Why McCormack went in the way he did when he was already on a yellow card and a further warning, only he can answer.

Pats fans would have every right to be very angry with both of these players - but hey blaming the ref, or the pitch, or the stadium announcer is always an easier option

oriel
20/03/2015, 10:53 PM
I thought Fagan looked dangerous the whole game. Pats could have got something out of the game even when they went down to 10 men. However, Brennan cost them any chance of that. The problem wasn't just Brennan though, Bolger and Browne were also out of control.

Agreed. Fagan had a good game. Strange attitude by the rest though.

PartySaint
20/03/2015, 11:03 PM
Dundalk good. Pats ****. Both reds were spot on. I hate this season already.

wonder88
20/03/2015, 11:08 PM
Important win for Galway tonight. I know the guy from the Indo and many other predict relegation for them but I think there is some potential there. Some of the players will improve as they play more at a higher level and their level of fitness against the partimers/journeymen in the league could also be a factor. Cork away up next in a few days time will be a difficult test but this win should help instil some confidence.

Yossarian
20/03/2015, 11:22 PM
Dundalk good. Pats ****. Both reds were spot on. I hate this season already.

I was very disappointed with Pats, they didn't really offer any threat. Both sendings off were correct. McCormack needlessly made the challenge when he was already booked and as for Brennan, I'd be furious with him if I was a Pats fan. He was a passenger anyway and Pats will probably play better without him in the next few games.
We looked a bit cagey and at times our distribution was poor but we really didn't need to do much to get the win.

Charlie Darwin
20/03/2015, 11:56 PM
Good god, Pats. Usually playing the reigning champions with 11 is a bit of a challenge but there's no need to do it with 9.

Awful game in Tallaght that we should have won but, at the same time, can't exactly say we showed a whole lot of ambition to go and take it. Both teams will play better against other teams, I think, it was just a bad game. Can't moan about 7 points from 9 - then again we had 7 points this time last year too :(

ger121
20/03/2015, 11:58 PM
Not the start Pat's will have hoped for. Though away to two of their title rivals, was always going to be something were they could end up with no points.

nigel-harps1954
21/03/2015, 12:06 AM
Delighted with Harps start to the season, but won't be getting too carried away really. We had a similar start last season, but we do look a hellova lot better this season, especially going forward. 3 games and 3 clean sheets is pretty nifty too. Harps title odds on Paddypower have gone from 25/1 to 14/1 since the start of the season too, which is interesting.

gufcfan
21/03/2015, 12:07 AM
Galway did extremely well. Expected them to draw if they were good and lucky after sending off.

Not to take anything away from them but Drogs were poor. They were piling forward in the second half but time and again hoofed it up in the air hoping to cause problems.

Someone missed a header near the end, terrible miss.

Drogs looked more likely to concede at times.

Keegan was pulled back when broke free as he pulled the trigger, resulting in him skying it. No whistle.

Cunningham was blatantly pulled down at the death in the box. Again no whistle.

Oji sending off was spot on.

A few tasty Drogs challenges went unpunished as well.

patrickccfc
21/03/2015, 12:26 AM
Suppose you would have to be happy taking a point away from the showgrounds and tallaght in your first 2 away games either side of a convincing victot against limerick.. have to be looking for a win on Tuesday against Galway.. been following city for 10years and think this is the first Tuesday game I've seen us have? Hopefully Tommy gets a good reception

Nesta99
21/03/2015, 12:27 AM
Not the start Pat's will have hoped for. Though away to two of their title rivals, was always going to be something were they could end up with no points.

Thats how to win a league?! DaveyPats it is refreshing for the ref to be the blame for a loss at Oriel these days!

sulywaterfordfc
21/03/2015, 1:19 AM
Sickened to say the least.

ATFC-1887
21/03/2015, 2:00 AM
Philly Gormans winner was an absolutely fantastic header. Go on the Town

pineapple stu
21/03/2015, 6:49 AM
Did not Derek Doyle score it?

Great header alright.

We've almost all our experienced players out injured, which really isn't helping. Hard to see yet which of the new faces will make the grade. No chance of promotion this year I'd say.

outspoken
21/03/2015, 7:58 AM
Was Kavanagh missing for the Drogs last night? Just goes to show how big an influence he will be for them this season despite all the stick he gets from other clubs fans.

WoodquayBoy
21/03/2015, 9:06 AM
Yeah, they did have a couple missing including Kavanagh.

ATFC-1887
21/03/2015, 9:19 AM
Did not Derek Doyle score it?

Great header alright.

No everywhere reported Doyle cause of the announcer but it was Philly

McNasara
21/03/2015, 9:30 AM
Team news for Bray against Bohs, anyone?

pineapple stu
21/03/2015, 9:54 AM
No everywhere reported Doyle cause of the announcer but it was Philly
Our PA guy's vision isn't the best; saw him hanging out of the gantry shouting down to your bench to work out who scored the first. Must have decided it wasn't worth the effort when the second went in!

ger121
21/03/2015, 10:21 AM
Thats how to win a league?! DaveyPats it is refreshing for the ref to be the blame for a loss at Oriel these days!

I'm not really sure the point you're making. Mine again, was that Pat's would have hoped for more points on the board but at the same time, it's no great surprise they have lost away to two title rivals.

Ezeikial
21/03/2015, 11:01 AM

It can be really hilarious how one-eyed some supporters can be.

DaveyPats is not alone in his jaundiced view from last night

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000683170784/a6c7f0a8ed6b90a0a089150a38346ef4_bigger.jpegDodge‏ @seidodge (https://twitter.com/seidodge)

Pats the better team here. Best they've played this season. A Dundalk set piece the difference. McCormack very unlucky to see red

https://twitter.com/seidodge/status/579019143988510720

GCdfc
21/03/2015, 11:45 AM
https://twitter.com/seidodge/status/579019143988510720

That certainly gave me a laugh.

McCormack was sent off for going for a ball with his arm in the air and punching Massey on the back of the head.

It was mainly one way traffic for the match. Of course Pats would get a couple of attacks but they were a rarity.

Bolger should have seen red for abuse of the ref, Dundalk and his own players.

Brennan was a fool.

The ref was blind to all the pushing by the Pats players. Great result but I'd preferred to have seen a football match. Not one team playing football and the other trying to get the game abandoned.