PDA

View Full Version : gary murphy

max power
23/11/2004, 8:47 PM
will he be back ????

Longfordian
23/11/2004, 9:00 PM
Hope so, it was only a loan deal and I know he didn't want to leave the club altogether and Alan wanted him around too so we'll see, don't know what his chances of regular first team football would be though

Terry Phelan
24/11/2004, 9:46 AM
I honestly couldn't see Gary recieving a concrete place on the team or regular first team football.I doubt he'd be happy sitting on the bench all season.

Does anyone know when Darragh Sherdian's contract is up? :confused:

max power
24/11/2004, 10:16 AM
its up now afaik

observer
24/11/2004, 10:37 AM
Darragh would be an obvious choice to let go, however I heard that he is a conduit for getting hold of good young talent coming back from England. Would this be reason enough for the club to want to hold on to him?

Flea
24/11/2004, 10:51 AM
Darragh Sheridan is not that bad of a player, he is just low on confidence, he is a good enough reserve and is involved in that youth system

Longfordian
24/11/2004, 12:18 PM
Darragh's just had an operation on his cruciate ligament, he's gone for eight months, he's gone from us as far as I know as has Brian Byrne, who I think is retiring. Haven't heard about who else has left yet, apart from Gartland.

Dillo
24/11/2004, 6:01 PM
will he be back ????

You're scraping the barrel there now Max. Gary Murphy is too light and will never make it in the EL. There's no doubting his footballing ability but can you honestly envisage him playing against the likes of Alan Moore and Kevin Hunt?? He'd be blown away! We need experienced campaigners in the middle of the park at Longford Town. However I'd dearly like to see his namesake Adrian return to De Town. The lad is a serious prospect- way too good for Scumlone!

Ash
25/11/2004, 8:41 AM
Gary has played well for us the few times Ive seen him but his
height, or lack of, is a problem. At one stage we must have had
the smallest midfield in the league with Stevie Gavin,Gary Murphy,
Damien Rushe and Shane Brennan!

Any truth in the rumour Andy Myler is heading yer way?

max power
25/11/2004, 9:21 AM
maybe ;)

Ash
25/11/2004, 9:50 AM
I remember at the end of the season we lost the play off
ye were interested in signing him but he went to Waterford
instead.

I remember chatting to him and he said at the time it wouldnt
be right to talk to Longford :)

He's a legend. If only we could get him back.

Any of ye know if Paddy Mul is heading back yer direction?

max power
25/11/2004, 9:55 AM
I remember at the end of the season we lost the play off
ye were interested in signing him but he went to Waterford
instead.

I remember chatting to him and he said at the time it wouldnt
be right to talk to Longford :)

He's a legend. If only we could get him back.

Any of ye know if Paddy Mul is heading back yer direction?

don'y know, his contact might be up, but if not he is still our player

Terry Phelan
25/11/2004, 10:06 AM
I thought paddy mul was going to stick to the gaa,think he'd be better suited to the auld gaaaaaaaaaaa! ;)

Ash
25/11/2004, 10:16 AM
Not sure. Apparently he's looking good for a call up to the
Westmeath Senior panel, so if that happens Id say the soccer
might have to get the drop kick.

Our keeper from a few seasons ago, Gary Connaughton done
the same and is now 1st choice for the county and was in the
running for an all star award this year

Macy
25/11/2004, 10:47 AM
I thought paddy mul was going to stick to the gaa,think he'd be better suited to the auld gaaaaaaaaaaa! ;)
Personally thought he was underrated, and never given a fair chance. Story was that he did go to play GAA, we retained his registration, so when he wanted to go back playing proper ball he had to go on "loan" to Athlone. Pretty much just because he was pĂ­ssing about, although could also mean a fee is due if we offer him a contract.

steve staunton
25/11/2004, 10:59 AM
give paddy mul a contract and pay a fee are you serious have we money to burn or something

Macy
25/11/2004, 11:09 AM
give paddy mul a contract and pay a fee are you serious have we money to burn or something
No, if we (Longford Town) offer him a contract, which presumably he'd reject, then we'd be due a fee of whoever (Athlone) signed him - as he's under 23. Whether we'd go to the hassle is another matter...

Longfordian
25/11/2004, 11:28 AM
That's the general idea alright..we're due compo as long as we keep offering to retain him on the same terms, we had him on professional forms for two full seasons and as long as you keep sending out retention letters your ass is covered..

Enda M
25/11/2004, 8:08 PM
i think our priority is a goalscorer and although he is an ok player i dont think andy myler is anything better than what we already have.

Longfordian
25/11/2004, 8:15 PM
He's more of a finisher than Keegan or Lavine, Barett's goals have dried up, we need someone to chip in with double figures alongside Dessie and we haven't had that this year, takes a great free too which is another thing we don't have

max power
26/11/2004, 2:39 AM
ah stewie holt.....the memories......available on dvd soon :p

Macy
26/11/2004, 7:54 AM
He's more of a finisher than Keegan or Lavine, Barett's goals have dried up, we need someone to chip in with double figures alongside Dessie and we haven't had that this year,
Have we had that since we got promoted? One of those positions that have few good enough in the league (although personally I think we let one go earlier this season - but I'll stop going on about that soon ;) )

Longfordian
26/11/2004, 3:16 PM
The Man With The Tan..The 'Midfield General' we've been sorely lacking, good for his amusing run if little else

Dillo
27/11/2004, 8:25 AM
Holt is captaining Monaghan these days. That free kick against Pats was the highlight of his career. All downhill from there...

Maz
27/11/2004, 8:30 AM
The Man With The Tan..The 'Midfield General' we've been sorely lacking, good for his amusing run if little else

ah yes the gallop!!!

Enda M
29/11/2004, 3:26 PM

not too bad at right back in ballybofey either :D :rolleyes: