PDA

View Full Version : It's great up here

harps1954
23/11/2004, 4:39 PM
Jeez, it's great to be up here at last. ;) ;) ;) ;)

KR's Post
23/11/2004, 4:47 PM
Tell me about it!!! :) :) ;) ;)

observer
23/11/2004, 5:14 PM
Welcome to you both. Be careful as a sudden descent can bring on the bends.

Roo69
23/11/2004, 5:17 PM
descent can bring on the bends.

Should that not be the other way around :confused:

Stevo Da Gull
23/11/2004, 9:44 PM
Premier Division- Bohemians, Bray Wanderers. Looks good does'nt it - except for the Bohs part :D

I read a quote from Your boss Felix saying something about how all 3 promoted clubs are very strong and should do well in the Prem next season and avoid relegation.- Now I dont know what Harps and UCD fans make of their own teams but I think that without plenty of new signings I can't even see us finishing anywhere but bottom never mind escaping relegation! I think he was just being kind saying all 3 clubs.

We are -as the First Div table shows- the weakest team going up IMO.

Poor Student
24/11/2004, 12:04 AM
Premier Division- Bohemians, Bray Wanderers. Looks good does'nt it - except for the Bohs part :D

I read a quote from Your boss Felix saying something about how all 3 promoted clubs are very strong and should do well in the Prem next season and avoid relegation.- Now I dont know what Harps and UCD fans make of their own teams but I think that without plenty of new signings I can't even see us finishing anywhere but bottom never mind escaping relegation! I think he was just being kind saying all 3 clubs.

It's hard to say. We held our own against Cork, Drogs and Bohs in cup competitions this year and they are 3 of the top 4. But then again they were cup games and you raise your game. I mean it has to be seen what Derry and Rovers do this summer, whether we can retain all or most of our best players and also if Bray rest on their laurels. We could finish as high as mid table or as low as bottom, it's way too early to tell. I'm hoping you rest on your laurels.;)

carrickharp
24/11/2004, 9:35 AM
Great to be up at the dizzy heights at last :D

observer
24/11/2004, 9:47 AM
Roo 69 - Diving in water yes - plunging towards the Premier depths no. ;)

Hibs4Ever
24/11/2004, 11:33 AM
Welcome to Finn Harps, another great weekend away in Letterkenny this season, nice trip to Bray too. We won't say anything about Belfield graveyard though. Best of luck lads.

DonegalDub
24/11/2004, 2:47 PM
The problem for us will be to sign players good enough to stay up. forget about shelbourne, they're out sight already. I was watching the football being played on Sat. night against a Dundalk side with nothing to play for and it did me no ggod to compare it to what will be required next season. Outside of funston, McHugh and breen, nobody looked capable of holding their own against the Premier teams.
Whatever, we'll enjoy hosting our friends from Bohs and Bray (again)! And looking forward to beating Derry!

KR's Post
24/11/2004, 2:56 PM
Hate going up to harps. As i said before we always lose. Great set of supporters. Best in the whole of ireland barring cork city.. Looking forward to another fun filled, beer drinking weekend up there!!! :)

tiktok
24/11/2004, 3:00 PM
Should that not be the other way around :confused:

Bends can bring on a descent? ;) :D

dancinpants
24/11/2004, 4:33 PM
Hate going up to harps. As i said before we always lose. Great set of supporters. Best in the whole of ireland barring cork city.. Looking forward to another fun filled, beer drinking weekend up there!!! :)

You haven't got around the country much have you? ;)

KR's Post
24/11/2004, 4:39 PM
You haven't got around the country much have you? ;)
The only ground i have not been in. No,you three are the best the country have to offer... When you relegated us 2 years ago, your fabulous fans actually started singing one of our songs as the teams walked off. Top notch there. Met a city fan in paris and was talking to him for ages and he was telling me about the city fans when they're in the brandywell, obviously because i was explaining to him about the fans that sang us off!!!! Can't wait to go up there. Alot has stopped me, work etc but i'm defo going up next season!!! Sorry for forgetting the real no1 fans!!!! :) :p

harpskid
24/11/2004, 4:50 PM
. Great set of supporters. Best in the whole of ireland barring cork city.. Looking forward to another fun filled, beer drinking weekend up there!!! :)

Cheers Tarzan. I also look forward to a wee trip to the Carlisle Grounds next year, although it's always bloody freezin' anytime we're down there

KR's Post
24/11/2004, 5:00 PM
Cheers Tarzan. I also look forward to a wee trip to the Carlisle Grounds next year, although it's always bloody freezin' anytime we're down there
Summer soccer!!! What a shams!! Freezing isn't the word. Oh my god it's like the polar ice cap down here.... hope we don't have to travel up there twice though... because (1) Two defeats and (2) Hell of a journey. C'mon FAI(f-ucking Arseholes Incorporated) give us Harps,Derry and Cork at home twice. I've got a brown envelope and money at the ready and just about to post it!!!!! See you next year. :p :)

Mad Moose
30/11/2004, 9:52 AM

Are you Pat Devlin in disguise. Here Stevo did you enjoy Felix's reverse psychology on youse on your last visit to Ballybofey. The streets of Ballybofey were festooned in green and white. Pat Devlin didnt know what hit him. Having said that Pete Mahon was at the same mind games at the start of the season when he wrote off his UCD. Probably said it before but well done to UCD for they were fantastic all season. As we were saying here any other season and we would have run away with the title. Fair play to UCD for they hung on in their. No problem meeting Bray and UCD again in the Premier.

Stevo gone and bring Rocky to Ballybofey next season.I haven't ever forgiven him for sticking a finger (his only finger) up at me a couple of seasons back. Wouldnt mind having a pint with him to clear up any misgivings.

Brendan

fbtn
30/11/2004, 2:51 PM
The problem for us will be to sign players good enough to stay up. forget about shelbourne, they're out sight already. I was watching the football being played on Sat. night against a Dundalk side with nothing to play for and it did me no ggod to compare it to what will be required next season. Outside of funston, McHugh and breen, nobody looked capable of holding their own against the Premier teams.
Whatever, we'll enjoy hosting our friends from Bohs and Bray (again)! And looking forward to beating Derry!

Thats a really unfair assessment of a huge game, which had taken on the mantle of a Cup Final - which we fecking won 3-0 when the pressure was on!!! Plus, Dundalk had plenty to play for - their careers, their contracts....their pride.

When we go to the Premier, Mino will prove again that he is one of the best left backs in the country, Gorman is well able of 'holding his own' in the Premier and was outstanding in our last 6 games of the title run-in, as was our defence and goalkeeper who didn't conceed a goal in that 6 games.

We need three or four players of quality to strengthen our squad and from what I'm hearing, we're already on the ball.

Some of youse hures are never happy hi :D

Mad Moose
30/11/2004, 3:38 PM
Thats a really unfair assessment of a huge game, which had taken on the mantle of a Cup Final - which we fecking won 3-0 when the pressure was on!!! Plus, Dundalk had plenty to play for - their careers, their contracts....their pride.

Going to back ya up there sor for I never expected to hear such an assessment. Who bloody cares how we played.It was effectively a cup final for us and more often than not they are not pretty to watch. Dundalk had been in reasonable form and in terms of their own challenge next season required to continue this form. I thought we played well as a unit, thought we were extremely professional. Funston, Breen and McHugh have been fantastic but success was as a unit and I'm thinking of Jamsie Gallagher who had a storming last third to the season, Shane Bradley (I have your Shirt Rita) who likewise came into his own, Minno who is still returning to full fitness, Tom Mohan, Declan Boyle, Gary Crossan. Aah here the whole team.Yes we need strenghtening but never more did we need so much strenghtening as when Felix took the reins.He strenghtened the side, mentally, which was the crucial difference.

I'll tell ya what i'd sooner be in the position we are in currently under Felix than we were under yer man last season.We made the best of the season in terms of personnel and are in a stronger position for the Premier Division.

Christ but I cant believe I read that post. Here's looking forward to next season.

Brendan

NY Hoop
30/11/2004, 6:47 PM
Jeez, it's great to be up here at last. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sincere welcome back lads. Really looking forward to the usual overnight up there. With the crowds ye have no way should be out of the premier.

KOH

CollegeTillIDie
02/12/2004, 9:53 PM
Are you Pat Devlin in disguise. Here Stevo did you enjoy Felix's reverse psychology on youse on your last visit to Ballybofey. The streets of Ballybofey were festooned in green and white. Pat Devlin didnt know what hit him. Having said that Pete Mahon was at the same mind games at the start of the season when he wrote off his UCD. Probably said it before but well done to UCD for they were fantastic all season. As we were saying here any other season and we would have run away with the title. Fair play to UCD for they hung on in their. No problem meeting Bray and UCD again in the Premier.

Stevo gone and bring Rocky to Ballybofey next season.I haven't ever forgiven him for sticking a finger (his only finger) up at me a couple of seasons back. Wouldnt mind having a pint with him to clear up any misgivings.

Brendan

Fair play to Harps, thanks for the acknowledgement of our efforts, and yes it is great up here. Now the three of us as clubs owe it to ourselves to stay up and sicken one last year's so called top 9 :D