PDA

View Full Version : A song for City

Éanna
23/11/2004, 1:09 PM
There's a thread on the forum on the official site (http://corkcityfc.ie/forums/index.php?showtopic=671) about having a distinctive anthem for city. IMO, the Fields of Bishopstown is a great anthem for fans to sing, but wouldn't it be class for the club to have a specially composed (music and lyrics) anthem dedicated ONLY to City, that wasn't based on any other song, or sung in any other ground. My suggestion is that the club (maybe through the new supporters club) could organise a competition where people could pen an anthem, and give a prize to the winner. What do people think? We'd need something about the club in terms of history, "pride and passion" ;) and I think avoiding the whole Rebel Army thing would be a good idea for once, seeing as its part of only a recent era in the clubs history. Any suggestions, volunteers?

GavinZac
23/11/2004, 1:13 PM
i'll offer €50, maybe more to anyone who sends me a good song, a winner can be decided by public vote :)

oh yeah and i agree, dolanism's arent useful in the long run

GavinZac
23/11/2004, 1:14 PM
that means you Supersonic :D

adamd164
23/11/2004, 5:56 PM
I know it was brought in by our leader but doesn't have to goout when, eventually, he goes. :cool:

Éanna
23/11/2004, 7:03 PM
Its nothing against dolan OR the rebel army concept, I just think that if it were to focus too much on the rebel army thing, it would be to the detriment of the previous 19 and a bit years.

shedite
23/11/2004, 7:49 PM
You can't just "invent" an anthem. You'll never walk alone or Fields of Anthenry were never invented just for football. It will just happen that someday a Cork man will write a song that's really inspiring and it will catch on.

Also, when you say it has to be inspiring, I don't think so. It just needs to be simple and easy to sing with a big strong chorus. Ever hear West Ham's "I'm forever blowing bubbles"? Hardly the most inspiring lyrics ever but a good terrace anthem all the same

city 4 life
23/11/2004, 8:04 PM
yeah it would be nice to have a unique song for city alright, natural gases album should have a few good anthems for cork in general wonder how willing tim o riordan would be to write something for city if he was approached?! just and idea like!

speaking of im forever blowing bubbles how about this for a song for city crowd

we're forever blowing bubbles
pretty bubbles in the air
they fly so high they touch the sky like ramblers they fade and die
rovers always running, shels are running too
and if you come to turners cross we'll be running after you!
city *** city***

no great but said id put it on the board anyway i think hibs used to have some version of it!

exile
23/11/2004, 9:53 PM
as i said on the ccfc site if anyone has any musical talent get cracking or we can have a competion and call it the cross factor :D

niamh
23/11/2004, 10:02 PM
Could even flog the rights to some tv channel like Living TV and raise money for players wages...