PDA

View Full Version : Todays Mirror

Storysham
23/11/2004, 1:07 PM
Eircom league team of the season,

we had, George, Danny Murphy, Doyler in the 11.

In the subs, few other players and......

Ollie Cahill (Cork City)

What an utterly stupid mistake. Journalists eh.

GavinZac
23/11/2004, 1:23 PM
i for one welcome our new insect overlords, and ollie cahill back.

Éanna
23/11/2004, 1:28 PM
In todays Sun, Dermot Keely had his team of the season:

Steve Williams

Heary Ferguson Dan Murray Rogers

Bobby Ryan Stuey Byrne Georgie Kearney

Jason Byrne Doyler

ollie
23/11/2004, 1:29 PM
i would have but devine in and maybe benno and taken out murphy
on eircom league weekly surprise surprise with only 3 points seperating them in the league noel king picks 7 shels players and 1 city player in his team of the season. :rolleyes:

patsh
23/11/2004, 1:31 PM
In todays Sun, Dermot Keely had his team of the season:

Steve Williams

Heary Ferguson Dan Murray Rogers

Bobby Ryan Stuey Byrne Georgie Kearney

Jason Byrne DoylerI would go with this team, except for Dan. I would have put Bennet ahead of him.
I'm glad to see Honker not there either, he had a very poor season except for the last month to six weeks of it.

Éanna
23/11/2004, 1:31 PM
I would go with this team, except for Dan. I would have put Bennet ahead of him.
I'm glad to see Honker not there either, he had a very poor season except for the last month to six weeks of it.
agreed.

Gandhi
23/11/2004, 2:17 PM
i would have but devine in and maybe benno and taken out murphy
on eircom league weekly surprise surprise with only 3 points seperating them in the league noel king picks 7 shels players and 1 city player in his team of the season. :rolleyes:

after 15 minutes of 'Shelbourne League Weekly' on TV3 last night I came very close to switching it off because it was all about Shels and how great they are. Not one mention of how different the season could have been if Cork City's fixture list hadn't been well and truly mangled by the League after the Inter Toto Cup.
Anyway I left on the telly and saw that yes, it actually was 'Award soft penalties and give stupid decisions against Cork City Week' for Irish referees (i.e. the highlights of the U21 game).
As for Mr King's team of the season, well all he succeeded in doing was demonstrating his prejudice again. What is the guy's problem. He seems to take every chance to have a go at us or dish out an insult or put us down. In praising the Finn Harps fans it wasn't enough for him to be positive about them, he had to have a go at us while he was doing it. I would like someone to challenge him on air to explain his anti-Cork bias :mad:

Roo69
23/11/2004, 2:21 PM
Anyway I left on the telly and saw that yes, it actually was 'Award soft penalties and give stupid decisions against Cork City Week' for Irish referees (i.e. the highlights of the U21 game).

Are you having a laugh ? The 2 penos were defo's !!!!!!!! no choice but to give them. 1st one lopez nearly put ur man in a 360 and the 2nd one the keeper was stupid to rush out the way he did, he was the last man and striker had gone round him, again no option but to send him off and give the peno

Colm
23/11/2004, 2:31 PM
Are you having a laugh ? The 2 penos were defo's !!!!!!!! no choice but to give them. 1st one lopez nearly put ur man in a 360 and the 2nd one the keeper was stupid to rush out the way he did, he was the last man and striker had gone round him, again no option but to send him off and give the peno

The first one probably was, the second one definately wasn't.

Gandhi
23/11/2004, 2:33 PM

Roo69, maybe you are right, maybe you were at the match and saw it in person? I only saw them on TV and I thought in both cases the UCD player made a veritable banquet, let alone a meal, out of the incidents. The first one in particular, the guy looked as if he should have been brought straight over to vincents hospital after the way he went down.

Anyway I'll be 100% honest with you, after the referee's "performance" in the Cross on Friday night it was like a red rag to a bull to see more penalties being awarded against us. I'd say my remarks regarding Sunday's match have everything to do with the referee's completely inept performance last Friday night. So pardon me if I refuse to take your criticisms to heart :D

adamd164
23/11/2004, 5:45 PM
Kinger's always the same but at least Rico makes the effort to mentionCity the odd time.

Here's a quote you won't be surprised to hear....

Dave Kelly (presenter, eL weekly) : "Not many Cork players in your squad of the season, Noel......in fact, just the one!"

Scully and Collins are just as bad as 'howya' aswell.