PDA

View Full Version : First Division team of the season.

KR's Post
23/11/2004, 12:28 PM
Seen as though they didn't have it on ELW lets have all first division followers put there team of the season up:Here's mine

Gk: O' Connor(Bray)
Rb: Asokah(Harps)
Lb: Rossiter(Harps)
Cb: Charles(Bray)
Cb: Boyle(Harps)
Cm: Mcgrenaghan(Harps)
Cm: O'Donnell(College)
Cm: Kenny(Kildare)
Str: Zayed(Bray)
Str: Mchugh(Harps)
Str: Dupuy(Galway)

C'mon give us your views!!!!

pineapple stu
23/11/2004, 12:40 PM
One UCD player?! And Micko?! Didn't even get nominated for our Player of the Year! (Though he was the reigning holder)

Obviously the bias towards your own team sneaking in! Which is about to happen here as well I'd say...

GK Quigley (UCD)
DL
DR
DC Kenna (UCD)
DC
ML McGrenahan (Harps)
MC Finn (UCD)
MC Grogan (Bray)
MR
SC McHugh (Harps)
SC Vaughan (Dundalk)

Have to give Vaughan credit for 14 goals for a very ordinary Dundalk side. Have only seen most of the teams three times compared to 30+ for us, which is a problem. Quigley and Kenna for us are ones to watch in particular. Kind of stuck there for names to be honest - don't want to just fill the squad out with our team! Could hardly name half the Harps team to be honest, let alone decide if they should be on the Team of the Year! But sure we'll see what else comes up...

Roo69
23/11/2004, 12:49 PM
Gk: O' Connor(Bray)
Rb: Asokah(Harps)
Lb: Bradley(Harps)
Cb: Charles(Bray)
Cb: Boyle(Harps)
Cm: McGrenaghan(Harps)
Cm: McDonnell(UCD)
Cm: McWalter (UCD)
Am/For: Doyle (ucd)
For: Zayed(Bray)
For: Mchugh(Harps)

inexile
23/11/2004, 12:53 PM
paul finucane from limerick should be in there at centre half, he was like the dutch lad with his hand in the dyke, not talking about a lesbian here!! think he is a class act to good for limerick

tammy
23/11/2004, 1:27 PM
Just my opinion but I thought Ger O Brien was the best Right Full in the division this season.

Ray Kenny was centre half for us this season, not midfield. I dont think he quite deserves a spot on the team.

Martin Reilly up front for Kildare was a revelation aswell, he more than filled Philly Hughes's boots so he would also be close I think.

Philip Gorman down in Kilkenny is doing ok aswell, but the team would have to be dominated by teams in the top3, thats for sure! :cool:

Roo69
23/11/2004, 1:51 PM
Just my opinion but I thought Ger O Brien was the best Right Full in the division this season.

Ray Kenny was centre half for us this season, not midfield. I dont think he quite deserves a spot on the team.

Martin Reilly up front for Kildare was a revelation aswell, he more than filled Philly Hughes's boots so he would also be close I think.

Philip Gorman down in Kilkenny is doing ok aswell, but the team would have to be dominated by teams in the top3, thats for sure! :cool:

One of the lads was Charlie Livingston match last night and he was talking to Ger O'Brien, and Ger was saying that he was signing from Bray ? :confused:

tammy
23/11/2004, 2:17 PM
Great signing for ye if ye get him! :cool:

dublinwanderer
25/11/2004, 1:48 PM
gk: O'Connor -Bray
def: Asokoh -Harps
def: Charles - Bray
def: Minnock - Harps
def: Boyle - Harps
mid: McWalter - Ucd
mid: McGrenaghan - Harps
mid: McDonnell - Ucd
mid: Grogan - Bray
for: Zayed - Bray
for: McHugh - Harps

Roo69
25/11/2004, 1:56 PM
[QUOTE=dublinwanderer]

Another Seagull on board ! Welcome :)

dublinwanderer
25/11/2004, 2:55 PM
[QUOTE=dublinwanderer]

Another Seagull on board ! Welcome :)

Seagull is the worst nickname ever i think its time that was changed :mad: along with the management at the club if we want a chance of sucess of any kind :mad:

CollegeTillIDie
25/11/2004, 8:59 PM
Ok team of the year

GK: Danny O'Leary Kildare County... we didn't score in 180 minutes against him.

RB Asokuh Finn Harps
CB Conor Kenna UCD... watch this guy next season in the Premier
CB Wesley Charles Bray ... He is a legend
LB Robert McAuley UCD... simply the best

RM Pat Sullivan UCD.... been fantastic for us this year
CM Tony McDonnell UCD... one of our best ever players
CM Paddy McGrenaghan Finn Harps... consistent over a number of seasons
LM Mick O'Donnell.. UCD provides width and toughness... from county Donegal

CF Eamon Zayed Bray Wanderers
CF Kevin McHugh Finn Harps... on his way to being a goalscoring Legend not just in Finn Park

And for the record very pleased our local rivals will be with us next season in the top Division

tammy
26/11/2004, 9:24 AM
Danny got player of the season for us this year. I think it was more out of protest than anythimh else though, he got married with around 10games to go, went in honeymoon and was dropped for Private Pile(aka Brenden Kennedy) And the rest is history, another season in Division 1! :cool:

BrayUnknowns
26/11/2004, 11:57 AM
Ok team of the year

GK: Danny O'Leary Kildare County... we didn't score in 180 minutes against him.

And for the record very pleased our local rivals will be with us next season in the top Division

Have to disagree on this on, Deffo O'Connor, kept 15 Clean Sheets this season and saved us on so many occasions class act. The rest of it looks spot on though.

Tis nice to be joining you in the premier.

dublinwanderer
26/11/2004, 6:20 PM
definitly O'Connor for gk of the season and if it wasnt him it would have to be Quigley at ucd. who's danny o'leary? :confused:

dahamsta
26/11/2004, 6:23 PM
Get a better response in here I think.

monzo
27/11/2004, 8:23 AM
just wanted to point out that paddy mcgrenanghen (sp) wasnt great this season

CollegeTillIDie
27/11/2004, 9:14 AM
definitly O'Connor for gk of the season and if it wasnt him it would have to be Quigley at ucd. who's danny o'leary? :confused:

For the record guys I could only judge goalies on how they played against us, and we stuck at least 4 past Chris this season. I do take what you say on board about him for the rest of the season. Danny O'Leary was Kildare County's goalie for the first 2/3 of the league campaign, you know when they were in with a shout of gaining promotion?

Roo69
30/11/2004, 10:05 AM
For the record guys I could only judge goalies on how they played against us, and we stuck at least 4 past Chris this season. I do take what you say on board about him for the rest of the season. Danny O'Leary was Kildare County's goalie for the first 2/3 of the league campaign, you know when they were in with a shout of gaining promotion?

Was'nt O'Leary dropped for their run in ? cause he got married and went on homeymoon or something ? a big reason whyt they probably didnt get promotion