PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for Wednesday night

Colm
22/11/2004, 6:39 PM
From www.corkcityfc.ie

There are still a number of tickets remaining for the Cork City FC End of Season Celebration Party that takes place this Wednesday night in the Rochestown Park Hotel at 8pm.
Tickets are on sale at a cost of only 10 euro in the Club Shop and in Lennox's Launderette. However, in order to facilitate those who are unable make it to these outlets during the day, we will be selling the remaining tickets between 7.30pm and 8.30 pm tomorrow night in Turners Cross.
This celebration bash promises to be a great night of entertainment and offers our loyal supporters a chance to mix with the players and management. Fans are advised to purchase their tickets in advance and we hope to see you all there.

Pablo
23/11/2004, 2:46 PM
From www.corkcityfc.ie

i presume they'll fit a few hundred more up the back if needs be? ;)

Colm
23/11/2004, 2:48 PM
i presume they'll fit a few hundred more up the back if needs be? ;)

Are there a few grassy banks around the the back of any of the function rooms in the Rochestown Park?!! :D

Eric
23/11/2004, 7:13 PM
Hopefully they'll fit a few more if needs be because I haven't got a ticket yet and obviously won't make it to the club shop before 8.30pm tonight!!!!

Pablo
23/11/2004, 7:17 PM
Hopefully they'll fit a few more if needs be because I haven't got a ticket yet and obviously won't make it to the club shop before 8.30pm tonight!!!!

same here. if i'm going it'll be late cause i've a confirmation thingy for my sister before that

Colm
24/11/2004, 9:57 AM

Ye won't have any problem getting in.

Colm
24/11/2004, 12:11 PM
So who's going tonight anyway??

It should be a good night with entertainment and the player of the year awards and stuff.
Looking forward to it.

GavinZac
24/11/2004, 1:47 PM
will i be able to pay at the door?

Eric
24/11/2004, 1:53 PM
Myself and NOTL are heading over to it but neither of us have tickets!!!!

GavinZac
24/11/2004, 1:55 PM
Myself and NOTL are heading over to it but neither of us have tickets!!!!

you two hop the security, i'll run in and find a back door for ye

city 4 life
24/11/2004, 7:46 PM
i'd a spare ticket because i got mine a few weeks age but have to work at half 9 :mad: was looking forward to it aswell going mental now!

patsh
25/11/2004, 7:48 AM
Can someone who attended, and was sober enough to know what went on..;) , give a round up of the night?

kevincronin2000
25/11/2004, 9:05 AM
come on its gone 10am any stories on last night. ffs someone who was there last night must be up by know

GavinZac
25/11/2004, 11:44 AM
i didnt make it :( NOTL and eric couldnt hold down the bouncer for long enough :(

wiseman
25/11/2004, 12:01 PM
Strange night. Did not start until 10:00 as Dolan was watching Arsenal on the telly (priorities). Speeches were as you would expect. Not a great season not a bad season. Thanks to everyone for this year. Next year, with luck, god willing etc we will win the league.Everybody involved with the team aspect of the club were thanked and presented to us the customers. (if we are customers and the customer is always right, then I want a new centre half, passing midfielder and striker..now)
No surprises for POTY award recipients: Doyle and Behan.
Offical supporters club had a stall set up for new recruits and announced its existence from the stage and like sky offered cheap rates for early installment before Jan 5th.
Anyhoo as I said elsewhere the night itself ended up being good. The turn out was very disappointing, the team made up about half the crowd. The pint was shocking, be it stout or lager. Not a nice tummy this morning because of it. Bit pricey too.
Probably a deal done with Mr. Lally, but needs to be improved by Jan 7th for Rebel Army Ball.
Oh yeah, first event like this I've been to where the food (sausages/chichen legs) were served cooold, didn't even have the decency to nuke 'em first.

Colm
25/11/2004, 12:16 PM
Oisin Langan was the MC for the night. He introduced Brian Lennox to say a few words and proceedings got underway with him calling Dan Murray on stage to present his team mates with their eircom League runners up medals.
We then had a few words from Dan followed by a brief speech from Dolan.

The new Cork City Official Supporters Club (CCOSC) was then launched and chairman Gary Cogan made a speech on stage. He then made a special presentation to U21 manager Stuart Ashton in recognition of the U21 team bus taking stranded supporters home from Dublin on Sunday.

Cork City FC PRO Terry Barrett then went on stage to give an award to Liam Lally manager of the Rochestown Park to thank him for all the help he has given the club etc.

The U21 player of the year was presented to Denis Behan by Stephen O'Callaghan on behalf of the Cork City Lotto. Stephen made a speech and Oisin then interviewed Denis.

The senior player of the year award was presented to Kevin Doyle by myself Colm O'Sullivan on behalf of the CCOSC. I made a brilliant speech and then Oisin interviewed Kevin.

It was then time for Pat Dolan to say another few words before Oisin wrapped up the formal proceedings.

Afterwards there was music from the DJ and Karaoke.

We recruited a lot of new members for the supporters club and overall it was a very good and enjoyable night. It's just a pity that more people didn't turn up. I know it was a Wednesday night but it was still a fundraiser for the club and a chance to show your apprieciation to the players and staff for everything they achieved over the season. Hopefully, the place will be packed for the Rebel Army ball on January 7th.

Citygirl
25/11/2004, 12:41 PM
It was disappointing alright that more didn't turn up last night. Have to say fair dues to Dan Murray for sticking around until the end. It was a good enough night despite the place being a bit dead.. Bring on the Rebel Army Ball!

GavinZac
25/11/2004, 12:42 PM
gary cogan is chairman? yay! :)

patsh
25/11/2004, 1:34 PM
How many did show up to the night. I can NEVER make Wednesday nights, so thats the only reason I didn't go.

Éanna
25/11/2004, 2:19 PM
I made a brilliant speech
your modesty knows no bounds.......... :rolleyes: ;)

Éanna
25/11/2004, 2:21 PM
It was disappointing alright that more didn't turn up last night.
thing is, looking at the news posts on the official site, it looked like it was almost sold out? "limited number of tickets available" Were they just trying to hurry people into buying or what? they probably would have got a bigger crowd if they'd said there were more tickets available on the door- people might have gone at the last minute.

Colm
25/11/2004, 3:30 PM
thing is, looking at the news posts on the official site, it looked like it was almost sold out? "limited number of tickets available" Were they just trying to hurry people into buying or what? they probably would have got a bigger crowd if they'd said there were more tickets available on the door- people might have gone at the last minute.

The official site was telling people all day yesterday that they would be available on the door.

I was shocked that more people didn't turn up to support the club and thank the players. I think Dolan and all the lads deserved a bigger crowd and it would have done the club's finances no harm either! If people couldn't go that's fair enough but if people just didn't bother or went and did something else instead I think that's disappointing.

Tickets will be going on sale for the Rebel Army ball soon so make sure you all get to that. The club needs that to be a sell out as it's the biggest source of income in the off season.

Eric
25/11/2004, 7:05 PM
I was shocked that more people didn't turn up to support the club and thank the players. I think Dolan and all the lads deserved a bigger crowd and it would have done the club's finances no harm either! If people couldn't go that's fair enough but if people just didn't bother or went and did something else instead I think that's disappointing.

It was a Wednesday night, stupid night to have it on, so no wonder there was a bad turnout!!!

Éanna
25/11/2004, 7:37 PM
The official site was telling people all day yesterday that they would be available on the door.
it said a limited number. I'm only speaking for myself, but a limited number to me means 4o-50 at most. So that may have put people off. Also, as Eric says, Wednesday night is a ridiculous night for something like that

Gary
25/11/2004, 8:26 PM
Perhaps it was a poor night, but with it being Xmas Party season and all, a Friday or Saturday would have been impossible to get.

hammers
26/11/2004, 2:38 PM
I was at the awards on Wednesday night. Shame about the lack of numbers, seemed to be more players, staff etc than actual "customers". Bearing in
mind the turnout, I though it was a good night. Food was a disgrace, but it was supplied by the football club as opposed to the hotel which seems a bit wierd. Surely the club could have paid the hotel for some proper nosh - Liam Lally is know to be a great supporter of the club and I would assume that he would have done it at a reasonable price !!!

I hope that the rebel ball is a great success with a big turnout - really looking foward to it!!!!