PDA

View Full Version : Investment?

KK77
22/11/2004, 1:39 PM
Just wondering whats the story with investment for next season? Any local business companies investing in the club? Also dare i say it is Devo going to pump some money in now that hes in a position to do so????

shankilwanderer
22/11/2004, 1:59 PM
I dought it any business will invest, unlike in monaghan and devo wont, he will just sit on his millions and look at the interest come in. :rolleyes:

KK77
22/11/2004, 2:11 PM
its a pity really but then again i can't really blame the local companies i mean its a bit cheeky Devo on radio on a sunday night looking for investment and him with loads of money surely he could help out afterall he says its a love affair between him & Bray??? Not trying to be smart but its the truth he could pump some cash in then again they do say hes so cute you'd have to be up at 4am to get ahead of him eg he'll sit back and watch his money grow than go down the drain with "HIS WANDERERS".

Roo69
22/11/2004, 2:13 PM
Strenuous work has gone into trying to get us sorted out financially this year and for next year, with very little resources available the club is trying to get new men's toilets built and all other aspects of the UEFA license, including a brand new web site etc..... but it's very hard to try and get people to part with money these days !

I'm involved in this side of stuff with the club so if you know of any company's locally or not please let me know, we can tailor packages for every type of need. Player Sponsorship + Match Sponsorship as well as Signage are the ones i'm trying to work on for next season. This will include a new section in the match day programme and a dedicated page on the new site etc...

If anyone has any ideas please let me know or if they have any contacts who might be interested in this - just pm me.

shankilwanderer
22/11/2004, 2:39 PM
To be honest the toilets should be done before the web site, there is nothing wrong with the web site its perfect. Now the toilets are a different matter, if you would call them toilets apart from Finn Harps they would probably the worst in the Premier. Well they have money somewhere cause we had a bid of €10,000 turned down by Bohs for Robbie Doyle.

KR's Post
22/11/2004, 3:08 PM
Money and Bray Wanderers just dont go together in a sentence!!! Barring this one. :) Did we even bid for Robbie Doyle or were we looking for him on a free???

atfconline
22/11/2004, 3:13 PM
Bray have a perfectly good, and well updated website. Micheal or whoever updates it just needs to be shown how to do it properly. That's all.

Roo69
22/11/2004, 3:34 PM
Bray have a perfectly good, and well updated website. Micheal or whoever updates it just needs to be shown how to do it properly. That's all.

Whats wrong with making a good thing even better ? The likes of a clubs web site and programme give off a strong image about a club and we are looking into making them better, nothing wrong with that what so ever

atfconline
22/11/2004, 4:14 PM
No but if you are talking about having limited finances, and you already have a good looking website in place, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But sure, nothing to do with me.

Roo69
22/11/2004, 4:32 PM
No but if you are talking about having limited finances, and you already have a good looking website in place, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But sure, nothing to do with me.

Contra deal my friend ! :D

atfconline
22/11/2004, 5:24 PM
Well then, improve away! :)

YoungHoop
23/11/2004, 9:21 AM
i mean its a bit cheeky Devo on radio on a sunday night looking for investment and him with loads of money surely he could help out afterall he says its a love affair between him & Bray??? Not trying to be smart but its the truth he could pump some cash in then again they do say hes so cute you'd have to be up at 4am to get ahead of him eg he'll sit back and watch his money grow than go down the drain with "HIS WANDERERS".
This is the worst statment i have ever seen, (A) expecting a manager who gives up he time to manage a semi pro football team to pump money into the club.
(B) if you knew anything you would know that devo has put money and most of the sponcership deals have come through him. :p

d_informer
23/11/2004, 11:03 AM
well i have to agree with the new lad, its just pitiful to suggest that a manager should spend his own money on a club!ive never heard of the like and it really lacks all sense. what if he were to put a substantial amount of money into the club and then there was another witch-hunt after him as soon as the going gets tough in the prem., as we saw at the end of this season with promotion struggles??he loses his job and his investments??i dont think so!
in regards to updating the website- its high quality considering its size relative to other such websites. updating it is something you can do when the money situation is comfortable.nothing is more impressionable about a club than its grounds- ours have improved ten fold in recent years, but if the porta johns need addressing (which they do) FIXTHEM, thats what i say!!

Roo69
23/11/2004, 12:03 PM
in regards to updating the website- its high quality considering its size relative to other such websites. updating it is something you can do when the money situation is comfortable.nothing is more impressionable about a club than its grounds- ours have improved ten fold in recent years, but if the porta johns need addressing (which they do) FIXTHEM, thats what i say!!

I'm actually in agreement with d-Informer ! :eek:

As mentioned in another post, the web site is part of a contra deal so no investment is needed, the jacks is probably the main thing the club arte looking into at the moment, believe it or not it was very hard to try an dget quotes for it but the ball is rolling and hopfully it'll be ready for next season ?

KR's Post
23/11/2004, 12:05 PM
Was walking past the other day and at a distance i saw a crane beside/in the carlisle. Is this the start of the new stand or is it just nothing???? :confused:

shankilwanderer
23/11/2004, 12:11 PM
Was walking past the other day and at a distance i saw a crane beside/in the carlisle. Is this the start of the new stand or is it just nothing???? :confused:
no they are working on the lights.

KR's Post
23/11/2004, 12:14 PM
Sound!!!! You going to the Gala night??? Pip on his way back i here....... :)

shankilwanderer
23/11/2004, 12:16 PM
Sound!!!! You going to the Gala night??? Pip on his way back i here....... :)

Dought it, Morgan is more or less on his way back too.

Roo69
23/11/2004, 12:20 PM
Dought it, Morgan is more or less on his way back too.

Gala/xmas night is close on sold out, shud be a great nite !

KK77
23/11/2004, 2:36 PM
This is the worst statment i have ever seen, (A) expecting a manager who gives up he time to manage a semi pro football team to pump money into the club.
(B) if you knew anything you would know that devo has put money and most of the sponcership deals have come through him. :p

Look Devo should pump money into the club simple as that why ask other people to do it while he sits back on his cash and blab on about how he loves Bray either put up or shut up

KK77
23/11/2004, 2:41 PM
well i have to agree with the new lad, its just pitiful to suggest that a manager should spend his own money on a club!ive never heard of the like and it really lacks all sense. what if he were to put a substantial amount of money into the club and then there was another witch-hunt after him as soon as the going gets tough in the prem., as we saw at the end of this season with promotion struggles??he loses his job and his investments??i dont think so!

Mate, if you knew anything at all you'd lnow thats theres no chance of Devo being driven out of Bray as hes the little hitler up there and they all lick his ass clean so forget baout that happening. As regards the financial investment i still say he should pump the money in instead of asking others to do so then maybe he thinks like the others hes not going to pump money for no return just being honest anyway we should be taking a leaf out of Longfords book as no one can dispute that they were years behind us an dnow look their well ahead of us both on and off the pitch.

Roo69
23/11/2004, 2:42 PM
Look Devo should pump money into the club simple as that why ask other people to do it while he sits back on his cash and blab on about how he loves Bray either put up or shut up

Nah your very wrong here ! if he owned the club he WOULD have to pump money into it but he doesnt own the club, he is 1st team manager and director of football, this does not mean he should put his own money that he has earned through years of hard work into the club.

Anyway, if you really knew the club that well, you would know that devo has financed several signings for the club !

So do you really think that Stephen Kenny or Alan Matthews have put their own money into making Longford one of the biggest clubs in Ireland ? get ral rafa

KK77
23/11/2004, 3:11 PM
Nah your very wrong here ! if he owned the club he WOULD have to pump money into it but he doesnt own the club, he is 1st team manager and director of football, this does not mean he should put his own money that he has earned through years of hard work into the club.

Anyway, if you really knew the club that well, you would know that devo has financed several signings for the club !

So do you really think that Stephen Kenny or Alan Matthews have put their own money into making Longford one of the biggest clubs in Ireland ? get ral rafa

Sorry just after following Wanderers since 1985 i find it disappointing that we have the same manager same style of play so its just frustration i mean he can't live off two cups forever. I never mentioned Kenny or Matthews putting money in but thats who the club and team need someone like one of them two also Kenny/Matthews don't go on about loving the club etc all the time and looking for investment i just think its a bit rich considering whos asking also there has to be something wrong when 20 years on its still the same lets be honest Longford are an example to clubs like us. We need to look to the future and nothing personal but Devo is not the future for the team maybe another role in the club but not the team. As regards saying he owned the club i was joking but hes the hitler up there and everyone bows to him just take it from me its true i am sure your cousin Robbie could tell you.

YoungHoop
23/11/2004, 3:12 PM
roo69, not even a fan and i know this could not have put it better meself, fair play.

I wonder if rafa B was asked to put a bit of money into hiring new staff in his job would pay for the advertising and so on!!! I think not :rolleyes:

KK77
23/11/2004, 3:29 PM
If i had it i would unlike some who have but won't. Anyway as fan of the club i am entitled to my opinion just like you have yours i am all for the future of Wanderers and i just think the team would be better served with a new manager

Schumi
23/11/2004, 3:36 PM
the web site is part of a contra deal so no investment is needed
What's a contra deal?

Roo69
23/11/2004, 3:41 PM
What's a contra deal?

Where 2 people/company's offer there services in exchange with no fee.

d_informer
23/11/2004, 5:54 PM
roo69, not even a fan and i know this could not have put it better meself, fair play.

I wonder if rafa B was asked to put a bit of money into hiring new staff in his job would pay for the advertising and so on!!! I think not :rolleyes:

exactly!!!!! if a film runs over budget threatening its completion do you see the director funding the rest of it??NO, he sits on his a5s for a few years and tries to sell his product to investors!if he invests his own money he runs the gauntlet of serious losses- Devo does not want a WaterWorld situation on his hands :D

shankilwanderer
24/11/2004, 9:17 AM
but you see there is no money coming into the club full stop. So devo cant sit on his ass for a few years. He has being doing that for years as it is and still nothing there.

KK77
24/11/2004, 9:32 AM
but you see there is no money coming into the club full stop. So devo cant sit on his ass for a few years. He has being doing that for years as it is and still nothing there.

My point exactly anyway let slook forward to the new season and see what it brings

shankilwanderer
24/11/2004, 9:36 AM
My point exactly anyway let slook forward to the new season and see what it brings

Absolutly, if things change we shall see in March, even though they we probably be the same but only time will see. :o

footballplease
24/11/2004, 11:45 AM
Roo69 - A question for you!

How much investment would it take to buy everyone out at the club? Also, would it be possible for a future investor to get a hold of accounts for the club for the last few years?

shankilwanderer
25/11/2004, 8:37 AM
Roo69 - A question for you!

How much investment would it take to buy everyone out at the club? Also, would it be possible for a future investor to get a hold of accounts for the club for the last few years?

not much i hope to get them out, we could all chip in. :D

dublinwanderer
25/11/2004, 3:00 PM
until local business get involved in the club, Bray's financial crisis will remain. i think the business are waiting on bray to win the league before they get involved. that means they'll never get involved :rolleyes:

Seagull
26/11/2004, 6:26 PM
Where 2 people/company's offer there services in exchange with no fee.

Emm, this contra deal...

What's in it for the design company? Bit of advertising from Wanderers? Surely web design\ hosting costs a fortune? No such thing as a free lunch etc? I don't get it... :confused: