PDA

View Full Version : Eric gone, John Ryan Back

driver
22/11/2004, 9:57 AM
Eric Hannigan is gone from Kildare County. He is to be replaced by John Ryan (Manager) and Barry O'Connor (assistant) for the new season. Its great to see the job go to two County Regulars who have been there since the start.

tammy
23/11/2004, 8:37 AM
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! :cool:

Roo69
23/11/2004, 8:44 AM
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! :cool:

I take it then that nobody like Hannigan ?

tammy
23/11/2004, 9:38 AM
He had his supporters but I wasnt 1 of them! He did his best at County but it just wasnt good enough! Im not being bitter or anything but ye (Bray) did everything ye could to mess up getting promoted, and Hannigan picked teams that made sure that ye could mess up all ye liked because we werent going to capitalise!

Next season we can look forward in expectation now! We should go up I think! Dublin City are ruined so they will be down for a while, we are the best of a very bad bunch in the First Division now, and assuming Ryaner and Barry can keep the bulk of the squad, then with Hannigan out of the way, we will be looking at winning the League next season! :cool:

shankilwanderer
23/11/2004, 11:29 AM
fair play to Ryan, he is a legend in Bray, for what he done. We will always love him.

Breifne
23/11/2004, 4:54 PM
Dublin City are ruined so they will be down for a while, we are the best of a very bad bunch in the First Division now.

We just signed Brendan Kennedy and also Ray Scully could be back on our books shortly, looks like it could be a bit premature to start writing off our chances just yet. We will have lost a number of players to premier division sides, but we may surprise a few people yet. With four teams (one automatic and three in the playoffs - i think) involved in the shake up at the end of next season, i think both ourselves and kildare will be there, or there abouts.
Galway, Sligo and Dundalk are the other realistic possibilities, hard to call. I think Dublin City and Kildare will be the top two sides.

tammy
24/11/2004, 10:21 AM
"We just signed Brendan Kennedy "

Happy Days for County fans that he is gone. I blame him for us not going up with one or two absolute Howlers during his spell in goal towards the end of the season. Danny O Leary is a far better Keeper so hopefully we can hang on to him. That news has made my day! Ray Scully is a good player but made no realimpact when he rejoined us mid-season. He wouldnt be any major loss.

A face
24/11/2004, 7:45 PM
Ryan the new manager at Kildare

It was announced that Eric Hannigan and Kildare County have parted company. Hannigan had been in charge of the Thoroughbreds for about 18 months but following the club's failure to achieve promotion changes have been made.
John Ryan, who stepped down from the position of Hannigan's assistant in the last month has been appointed as the new manager and Barry O'Connor has been installed as his assistant.

Taken from www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=2381)