PDA

View Full Version : Season's end greetings !!

redrov2005
21/11/2004, 12:24 PM
Yep ! What a season. Best forgotten,but the lessons must be learned by all.

I think it's all fine and good that Sean Connor knows the kind of players he wants and that's how it should be,but ultimately it's down to the money that's available and this is where the committee and the supporters and indeed the supporters clubs must play a part in generating income.

I'd be more optimistic if i heard that there were appointing some hot shot Chief Executive with a good business brain ( Fran Rooney is out of a job !!).

Because let's face it we have to look at the long term picture. Let's say that Sean does the biz and we get promotion. There is a strong possibility that we would go back down because we don't have a strong financial base to work off.

Anyway i am delighted to hear that Raff and McTiernan are staying on,but i think it'll be interesting to see who else stays.

It's tricky when you get friendly with people and then you are faced with the fact that they are not good enough ( Carr/Gorman ) but Sean will have to make his decisions based purely on footballing ability.

Best of luck Sean !