PDA

View Full Version : Spillanism of the season.

colblimp
20/11/2004, 9:01 PM
I know the last issue of FourFiveOne of the season has been printed but I have a Spillanism that I think is worthy of the title.

It comes from todays Echo, is at the end of the City match report and is as follows:

Referee: Ian Stokes (Dublin) 6.

6? With 1 mark up for grabs for turning up, another 1 for having clean boots, surely that pathetic creature, who calls itself a referee, is only good for 2 marks not 6?!!

Does anybody disagree?

Fair_play_boy
20/11/2004, 11:24 PM
I know the last issue of FourFiveOne of the season has been printed but I have a Spillanism that I think is worthy of the title.

It comes from todays Echo, is at the end of the City match report and is as follows:

Referee: Ian Stokes (Dublin) 6.

6? With 1 mark up for grabs for turning up, another 1 for having clean boots, surely that pathetic creature, who calls itself a referee, is only good for 2 marks not 6?!!

Does anybody disagree?How much of that text is by Spillane? Am I about to say that I agree with something he wrote this season? :eek:

colblimp
20/11/2004, 11:47 PM
How much of that text is by Spillane? Am I about to say that I agree with something he wrote this season? :eek:

Er, the only bit that Spillane wrote was:

Referee: Ian Stokes (Dublin) 6

RedX
21/11/2004, 12:33 PM
Spillane photocopys storys from other newspapers and then Evo-Sticks his article to the Echo before it goes to print.Then he sits down for a cup of bovril and watches old Chelseas videos until the next City match arrives.. :D

jofyisgod
21/11/2004, 3:00 PM
Spillane photocopys storys from other newspapers and then Evo-Sticks his article to the Echo before it goes to print.Then he sits down for a cup of bovril and watches old Chelseas videos until the next City match arrives.. :D

Has movie potential IMO :D

RedX
21/11/2004, 3:38 PM
Has movie potential IMO :D

True...the guy is becoming a sort of cult figure amongst City fans for all the wrong reasons.. :D

jimhacker
22/11/2004, 10:26 AM
That's "cult" you fools! With an "L" !!!!!!!!!