View Full Version : The Rumour Mill / eL Transfers

Pages : [1] 2

A face
20/11/2004, 7:51 PM
Jose Quintongo is leaving Waterford ...

Any truth to this ??

martin_rules_ie
21/11/2004, 11:23 AM
wouldnt mind seein him in city colours would we? ;)

De Town
21/11/2004, 11:26 AM

........or Longford colours. I think he's a good player but just might not have the pace to be a great winger. Very tricky though. ;)

De Town
21/11/2004, 11:28 AM
btw, will this be a general thread until the start of next season about all roumers/dealings that will be heard/done?

martin_rules_ie
21/11/2004, 11:29 AM
ya from what i've seen from him on tv, he is quite the tricky individual. nice hair too :D

De Town
21/11/2004, 11:31 AM
nice hair too :D

I wouldnt go that far :cool:

A face
21/11/2004, 11:58 AM
btw, will this be a general thread until the start of next season about all roumers/dealings that will be heard/done?

Yeah .. the one stop shop kinda thing !! :p

RedX
21/11/2004, 12:47 PM

This player is not good enough for Cork City FC...he would not get near the team... :confused:

martin_rules_ie
21/11/2004, 1:06 PM
i think he is a very creative player and that he would be a welcome addition to the squad. am i mistaken when i say he has done it in the top leagues of sweden, scotland and portugal. he is very talented and i would welcome his signing with open arms. that said, it hasnt even been confirmed that he is leavin waherfurd!

RedX
21/11/2004, 1:16 PM
ya from what i've seen from him on tv, he is quite the tricky individual. nice hair too :D

I would say you would welcome him with open arms alright.. :p

Partizan
21/11/2004, 1:24 PM
AFAIK Jose is on his way out. He's been a great servant to us and gives his all for the 3 ships but as a player I wouldnt rate him. Although he's got bags of skill and momentarily flashes of individual brilliance he's just too light, too inconsistent and very poor in the air. When playing in this league especially with the propensity for sides to adopt a physical approach and all to familiar game and hoof, kick, bollock, Longfordesque style, Jose was found lacking. He's just not good enough IMO and was poor in the Cup Final. His shooting is woeful but his ability to make a defence splitting pass is known.

Dan Conner has left us to go to Drogheda Utd while Wayne Fitzgerald has retired at the grand old age of 24 to concentrate on his accounting firm.

Mark Clifford's contract is not being renewed as is 'Muddy' Waters.

martin_rules_ie
21/11/2004, 1:35 PM
I would say you would welcome him with open arms alright.. :p
and what of it!!!!!! ;)

eoinh
21/11/2004, 1:36 PM
Jose Quintongo is leaving Waterford ...

Any truth to this ??

I think hes useless to be honest.

RedX
21/11/2004, 3:20 PM
and what of it!!!!!! ;)

Martin..everyone to there own... :D

max power
21/11/2004, 3:31 PM
kirby has had an offer from the drogs.......one of our defenders has also, but until his name is in the press, it won't be posted here.

darragh sherian and brian byrne are defo gone as well

Slash/ED
21/11/2004, 4:51 PM
Ger McCarthy, Thomas Morgan and Ger Rowe all could be on the way out of Tolka Park.

Poor Student
21/11/2004, 5:14 PM
Ger McCarthy, Thomas Morgan and Ger Rowe all could be on the way out of Tolka Park.

What's the story with O'Neill off Dub City? And are you after Dessie Baker or am I getting mixed up with Richie?

Longfordian
21/11/2004, 5:41 PM
Shels have signed Richie Baker back, Dessie was let go by them last year and joined us, he'll be with us next year too

Slash/ED
21/11/2004, 7:02 PM
What's the story with O'Neill off Dub City?

Supposedly, he was set to sign for us when it was looking like we wouldn't get Crowe but having signed Crowe, unless we have a pre agreement aready with O'Neil, I doubt he'll come, we've enough strikers now. He'd be a superb signing for any team in the league though, I'd be amazed if he stayed with Dublin.

ConfusedBlue
21/11/2004, 7:21 PM
Jose is gone definitely,he was only ever signing for 6months anyway.To be honest he's no loss,the chap is dire all he can do is a couple of fancy flicks he has no pace or physical strength,cant even kick a ball without falling over.Believe me ye don't want to sign him.
Dan Connor has'nt been offered a new contract,Doolin has offered him a better deal and WUFC are'nt prepared to offer the same apparently!!!I'll be disappointed to see him go,always e a RSC hero for his antics against CCFC!!
Wayne Fitzgerald has indeed retired although Rennie is trying to talk him out of his decision.
Any other news on players is just rumours,no other departures or signings have been confirmed or denied down on Suirside!!

A face
21/11/2004, 9:09 PM
always e a RSC hero for his antics against CCFC!!

I'm sure we wont forget him either !! :D

Slash/ED
22/11/2004, 2:05 PM
Shels have confirmed the signings of Glen Crowe, Bobby Ryan, Colin Hawkins, Richie Baker and Gary O'Neil.

We've also confirmed the release of Ger McCarthy, Alan McDermott, Thomas Morgan, Tony McCarthy, Alan Murphy and, very very very oddly, Juan Sara. What an odd signing he was, he came, he played U21 football, and he left again, very odd :confused:

On top of that, we're looking to loan out Ger Rowe to help him get first team football. He'd be a great signing for any lower premier team or any first division side, and Fenlon has said he has not finished buying yet with cover for Owen Heary being the target now.

Press confrence for the new signings will take place in a few days.

Pablo
22/11/2004, 2:05 PM
Foley(Pats)

Hunt(Bohs)

Rundle(Dublin City)

Have had contact with City. early days though. i got that from a club insider!

patsh
22/11/2004, 2:10 PM
Foley(Pats)

Hunt(Bohs)

Rundle(Dublin City)

Have had contact with City. early days though. i got that from a club insider!Oh Oh it's "Hunt to City" time again.....:rolleyes: :D

Pablo
22/11/2004, 2:11 PM
Oh Oh it's "Hunt to City" time again.....:rolleyes: :D

i'm sure he has plenty of offers. city are just one of them

Pablo
22/11/2004, 2:12 PM
and i belive we were told politely to fcuk off by waterford with regard to murphy

jfogarty
22/11/2004, 2:15 PM
Foley(Pats)

Hunt(Bohs)

Rundle(Dublin City)

Have had contact with City. early days though. i got that from a club insider!

Foley is the best centre half in the league IMO , better than Hawkins. He would be a great signing to play beside Bennett but I pray he stays with Pats. The other 2 would also be good signings

Pablo
22/11/2004, 2:19 PM
i suppose offers and counter offers will be floating arounf for the next few months.

it'll be interesting to see what happens. City need a big signing or 2 to signal our intent on winning the title next season

Longfordian
22/11/2004, 2:23 PM
Shels have confirmed the signings of Glen Crowe, Bobby Ryan, Colin Hawkins, Richie Baker and Gary O'Neil.
.. Juan Sara. What an odd signing he was, he came, he played U21 football, and he left again, very odd :confused:

Maybe he turned out to be total muck/totally unfit/didnt like Dublin?! Gary O'Neill will do well for ye, not a bad quartet of strikers, O'Neill, Crowe, Byrne and Fitzpatrick.

Slash/ED
22/11/2004, 2:25 PM
Maybe he turned out to be total muck/totally unfit/didnt like Dublin?! Gary O'Neill will do well for ye, not a bad quartet of strikers, O'Neill, Crowe, Byrne and Fitzpatrick.

Yeah, apparently he was poor for the U21s but he wasn't really fit. Maybe he showed no sign of getting better.

Eitherway, I agree with you there, that's a great mix of strikers.

pineapple stu
22/11/2004, 2:26 PM
We've also confirmed the release of...Tony McCarthy

How old is he now? Did he play at all last season? Will he retire or does he have another year in him? Must be the last of our original promotion team (1988/89) still left playing!

Slash/ED
22/11/2004, 2:30 PM
How old is he now? Did he play at all last season? Will he retire or does he have another year in him? Must be the last of our original promotion team (1988/89) still left playing!

He didn't play last season but was pretty regular for us the year before. He's actually training to become a physio. I think Shels are hopeing to hang onto him as a physio and are in talks with him at the moment.

Caleb
22/11/2004, 4:06 PM
i'm sure he has plenty of offers. city are just one of them

Hunt signed a 4 year contract with Bohs last thursday

Mcnally and Morrison released

Éanna
22/11/2004, 4:23 PM
morrison would be a handy signing for the right wing. between himself and billy we wouldn't be doing too badly. he's also very experienced.

Éanna
22/11/2004, 4:47 PM
Thomas Morgan,
IMO, he'd definitely be someone worth looking at. He'd be very handy cover for centre-mid.

Éanna
22/11/2004, 5:08 PM
from the pats board (http://www.saintsforum.tk)

And a big maybe is Colly going to Cork

presume he means colm foley. that would be an excellent signing IMO

Stevo Da Gull
22/11/2004, 7:55 PM
and i belive we were told politely to fcuk off by waterford with regard to murphy

Shame(not for Waterford obviously), he would of been a great edition for you're title challenge- him, O'Flynn,Doyle,Fenn would be as good as if not better than Byrne,Crowe,Sara,Fitzpatrick-if he stay's.
I know I left out GO'C but I'm counting him as a midfielder.

No transfer news from us yet but we definately need some new players to have a hope of staying up.

Maynard
22/11/2004, 8:42 PM
AFAIK O'Neill has gone to Shels and we will be getting one or two players on loan for next season, perhaps Rowe then? Shels certainly seem eager to score a few goals next year anyway, Nutsy pioneering the 4-2-4 formation methinks :D

CollegeTillIDie
22/11/2004, 9:27 PM

pineapple stu

Anto McCarthy is just turned 35.

TonyD
22/11/2004, 9:49 PM
Yeah, apparently he was poor for the U21s but he wasn't really fit. Maybe he showed no sign of getting better.

Eitherway, I agree with you there, that's a great mix of strikers.

Has anyone ever actually seen Jaun Sara ? Does he really exist ? I think he may be a relation of the Loch ness Monster and the Yetti.

Slash/ED
22/11/2004, 9:55 PM
Has anyone ever actually seen Jaun Sara ? Does he really exist ? I think he may be a relation of the Loch ness Monster and the Yetti.

He played for the U21s and scored a few times for them, he was always seen in the stand in Tolka at games too. Never debuted though.

martin_rules_ie
22/11/2004, 9:58 PM
he's actually the dude whose behind the crop circle phenomenom!!! :p

pete
23/11/2004, 1:23 PM
Heard Bohs also losing Lynch & Webb to Drogs. Same person said they were getting Dan Connor from Waterford so sounds like good source. Drogs also got another 2 unknown players lined up.

Quintongo isn't worth a place on Citys bench.

Morrison be good siging for City. Daryl Murphy be great too but wouldn't think much chance. Clifford was linked with city before...wonder if he be talking again.

patsh
23/11/2004, 1:32 PM
Clifford was linked with city before...wonder if he be talking again.Don't see the point in signing Clifford, surely he would just about make the bench?

ConfusedBlue
23/11/2004, 4:28 PM
Don't see the point in signing Clifford, surely he would just about make the bench?
Believe me,ye don't want Clifford!!He had agreat 1st season with us but he's been nothing short of woeful this year.he'd be lucky to make it onto the bench for most Premier teams going by his recent displays!!!

As for Daryll Murphy,i don't think hes gonna go anywhere it looks like the club are gonna break the bank to hold onto him and there does'nt seem to be too much of a willingness on his part to move!!!

jfogarty
23/11/2004, 4:31 PM
Anybody know if Declan O'Brien is still under contract? I read somewhere last week that his contract was up but if it was he would surely of been snapped up by now

joe
23/11/2004, 6:08 PM
The Sun had a few today, including Barry Ryan to Pats, who it said are releasing about half a dozen players.

Flea
23/11/2004, 6:20 PM
Mcnally and Morrison released

Wouldn't mind seeing Macca back at Longford even though our calibre is probably too high now

Poor Student
23/11/2004, 6:41 PM
Rumour in the Herald has it Delaney, Byrne, Murhpy and others could be on their way out of Derry as he wants a local based full time squad.

Slash/ED
23/11/2004, 7:01 PM
Murphy would be a big loss for them.