PDA

View Full Version : eight players out of contract.

Xlex
20/11/2004, 3:12 PM
who are they?

Kirby ?
Brian Byrne ?
Darragh Sheridan ?
Pip Keogh ?
Gartland ?
Murphy ?
Vinny ?
Prunty ?

max power
20/11/2004, 3:19 PM
no i think murph has another ryear, but i think the rest are right.......

expect to see at least 5 leave

Bosco
20/11/2004, 4:07 PM
Thought murph was out of contract and it was prunty with another year

Sonic
20/11/2004, 4:25 PM
since his injury murph has nvr been the same id let him vinny shero byrne and pip go from those and blood a few a few new signings in.

Longfordian
20/11/2004, 4:39 PM
Swap Prunty for Mick Dempsey and Xlex has it correct..Im thankful Prunty, Dillon, Barry and Paisley have another year..I cant see Murph going anywhere as for the rest it's hard to see many being kept/staying, though it's up to Garto whether he wants to stay or go, it's all about the money as the song goes.

observer
22/11/2004, 11:18 AM
It is frightening to think that suddenly we have gone from pondering who should be brought in to strengthen the squad, to speculating on what good players may leave.
Has anybody any news on what clubs are looking for what players. Even taking into account that this is the silly season for rumours it is nevertheless worrying that clubs are trying to buy titles. Drogheda appear to have gone crazy and if the keep at it they will have a bankrupt club in a few years. :(

Roo69
22/11/2004, 11:37 AM
Have heard that pip is on his way back to us, dont know how true that is though ?

Albert
22/11/2004, 11:38 AM
That will depend on droghedas success, they are intent on establishing themselves as a top two team, if the money can push them past say Cork then they will be ok, if not and they end up mid table they will have problems, but in fairness the signs are good for them in terms of progress made so far compared to previous seasons where they were up and down like yo yos.
I agree though that all this talk is worrying for Longford, d be very sorry to see Gartland or kirby leave. But what is even more worrying is that amid all the talk of who is buying who, we dont seem to be connected with anyone :eek: We all know the areas we need players for but everytime someone is mentioned we cant afford them (understandably), so where does that leave us?? Roundabout now would be a good time to hear us connected with anyone of worth because its getting hard to see where we will get players from. I had hoped that after a few years our finances would be improving considerably but without week in week out attendances it appears that despite all the succes we are not getting better off........

Maz
22/11/2004, 11:50 AM
Its early days yet! I dont get caught up in all the speculation for the simple fact that after Ballybofey we jsut about had a team and the club brought in quality players who have led us to success we had dreamed about!
Our season isnt over just yet, so lets give em time!

Longfordian
22/11/2004, 12:07 PM
Im sure the management is working on things, but we wont have money to splash around, if we are successful in Europe maybe that may make a difference, but as Maz pointed out when we had no squad hardly after Ballybofey and indeed five days before the start of the season, Alan and Aaron were able to get players who did the business for us, we'll leave it with them and see how it goes, for what its worth I heard indirectly through a press source that we were talking to three Drogs players, no names were mentioned though..

town73
22/11/2004, 1:03 PM
Have heard that pip is on his way back to us, dont know how true that is though ?

I would've imagined that Bray would be looking to get him back now that they are in the Premier. If I remember rightly, I think his home place is right beside Bray's ground. Didn't get as many chances in the first team as he would have liked. I think it might depend on Alan and Aaron's plans for next season.

Macy
23/11/2004, 9:33 AM
we had no squad hardly after Ballybofey and indeed five days before the start of the season,
Are you sure you're allowed to say that online? ;)

Longfordian
23/11/2004, 12:50 PM
Dont think Lawlor's lawyers are still monitoring the web, should be safe enough :) Wouldn't want him to demand an apology because of what I wrote now would we? ;) ..It's all true anyway!

Roo69
23/11/2004, 12:51 PM
I would've imagined that Bray would be looking to get him back now that they are in the Premier. If I remember rightly, I think his home place is right beside Bray's ground. Didn't get as many chances in the first team as he would have liked. I think it might depend on Alan and Aaron's plans for next season.

lives about ten minutes away from the ground,i reckon he still has a soft spot for bray cause anytime he had a free friday nighr he'd be down supporting us

Longfordian
23/11/2004, 12:56 PM
I'd imagine he still likes the club alright, but himself and Devo left on sour terms, maybe he'd willing to overlook that because Devlin apparently rates him extremely highly

Flea
23/11/2004, 6:14 PM
Whats this about Kirby on his way out? :mad:

Flea
23/11/2004, 6:17 PM
Dont think Lawlor's lawyers are still monitoring the web, should be safe enough :) Wouldn't want him to demand an apology because of what I wrote now would we? ;) ..It's all true anyway!

Through it all though Lawlor kept us up with only a half a team in Ballybofey that night, I'll never forget that to him particularly with reynolds getting sent off. One 'best' games ever, maybe even the best!

Longfordian
23/11/2004, 6:20 PM
He's not being let go, he's had an offer from Drogs of €1200 a week, which he's considering..the club dont want him to go and are negotiating with him so hopefully he wont go but if he does it will be his choice.

Flea
23/11/2004, 6:33 PM
Yeah he will be getting more money so I couldn't blame him. What is he roughly getting at the moment?

Longfordian
23/11/2004, 6:38 PM
Somewhere around €400-450 I would think, if he does stay he'll get an increase but it wont be anywhere near €1200, however he does like Longford and Flancare so it's not all abut the money, fingers crossed he'll make the right choice from our point of view

Flea
23/11/2004, 6:41 PM
We could ask him to sign for a few months so that he is contracted and (providing he should go for the money) try and get a swap deal with somebody :D