PDA

View Full Version : Nwankwo?

SSS
20/11/2004, 10:00 AM
Anyone know the story - he has clearly been banished, but with a year to go on his contract it's a costly issue for the club..

Gary
20/11/2004, 2:31 PM
been banished,

Stop stirring will ya.

He isnt on the team oe the bench because there are far better players than him in the squad for those positions he plays ie S O Flynn, Colin, Fenn, Kearney.

RedX
20/11/2004, 5:32 PM
I agree...whats this banished thing about?..definetly stirring alright..there are a lot better players on the bench as Gary has said..Nwanko was absolutely terrible against Bohs in the televised game which we lost and this was the start of his demise..i still would like to see a bit òf S O Flynn next season..and also Lopez looks handy and will get stronger and adapt more to our league long term...

SSS
21/11/2004, 1:35 PM
Stop stirring will ya.

Not stirring.
I'm not the first person to mention this - but the last time it came up there was a cryptic reference to knowing the reason for the fallout - with no explanation

Fair enough there are better players on the bench, but the guy wasn't even warming up on Friday when the likes of Shane Long were.

Nwankwo had one bad game - if he hadn't been unlucky enough to get sick before the Euro run, he could well have become a regular.

As for comparisions with Lopes - Lopes is fine with the ball, but ain't great at winning it back and has no vision for getting the ball he has held so well to a team mate further up the pitch. Nwankwo has also shown himself to be better in the air and a superb crosser of the ball.

Used2BHibs Fan
21/11/2004, 5:23 PM
Agree that Nwanko is poor and does not deserve his place on the bench over a number of others who reside there. Saw Lopez today play for the U21 in the Cup Final and if this is the best that he can do , on a cold day with the opponents getting stuck in - I'm not sure he will get anywhere near the city first team. Maybe given space Lopez may play well with in the Eircom League there are few teams that will give you this opportunity. One last comments on Nwanko - I was at Inch-a-Shore to see his only goal of the season and his celebration both of which were class - he could have been a city hero but to be honest he's not good enough..................

jimhacker
22/11/2004, 10:33 AM
Fact: Lopes is nowhere near the required standard. he can hold the ball and that's it...no vision or drive!