PDA

View Full Version : Hard luck Cork! Well Done Shelbourne!

sligoman
19/11/2004, 11:59 PM
You can post your congratulations/comiserations here,if you want.

dahamsta
20/11/2004, 12:05 AM
Fair dues to Cork, the final surge surprised the hell out of me. And of course congrats to Shels.

adam

max power
20/11/2004, 12:36 AM
glad cork didn't win the title, i'm just being honest.....couldn't listen to yee ;)

but i will put my neck on the line and tip yee for next season.

BobtheDrog
20/11/2004, 1:08 AM
hard luck wud have loved to see you win it but it wasnt to be

ShelsTim
20/11/2004, 2:56 AM
Let's hope we use our new signings to get further in the CL next season. And good luck to Cork in the UEFA, I know they'll do us proud.

But, just to say, who're the bottlers now?

Maz
20/11/2004, 6:45 AM
Yeah well done to Cork City! Fantastic final surge and really put Shels under pressure! After some of the interviews with Shels players last night i think its fair to say we know why people didnt want them to win!! Stuie being one of em!! :eek:
With a bit of work next season no reason why shels cant be trailing ye and the results off this season reversed!

onceahoop
20/11/2004, 7:45 AM
Yeah, well done to Shels and comisserations tp Cork, it's a pity you had that dip in form and alleged discontent during the season.

With Shels strengthening their squad it's going to take a huge committment for the rest of us to catch up.

CollegeTillIDie
20/11/2004, 9:17 AM
Let's hope we use our new signings to get further in the CL next season. And good luck to Cork in the UEFA, I know they'll do us proud.

But, just to say, who're the bottlers now?

Coca Cola on the Naas Road I think ! :p Well done to both Shels and Cork, looking forward to watching your progress in Europe in the CL and UEFA respectively in 2005!

Partizan
20/11/2004, 11:24 AM
Delighted to see Shelbourne win the title as they were worthy winners all along. They were never threathened even by a revitalised **** side. Shels win go on to bigger and better things in Europe despite the Bogford who will no doubt embarass us again in UEFA Cup next season by losing to an Andoran side, in which no doubt they will find comfort in the fact that 10 of the ski-jumpers played in a valiant 6-0 defeat against Luxembourg.

Maz
20/11/2004, 11:34 AM
Delighted to see Shelbourne win the title as they were worthy winners all along. They were never threathened even by a revitalised **** side. Shels win go on to bigger and better things in Europe despite the Bogford who will no doubt embarass us again in UEFA Cup next season by losing to an Andoran side, in which no doubt they will find comfort in the fact that 10 of the ski-jumpers played in a valiant 6-0 defeat against Luxembourg.

And yez would be much better!! oh please get that chip off your shoulder it could do some serious damage!

Xlex
20/11/2004, 11:49 AM
well done Shels and of course unlucky Cork.

Whatever about Shels, Bohs, and Cork whining about vadus, a pathetic Rovers or Waterford fan bounces around and gives LTFC stick about next seasons UEFA Cup. Well mate, the next time you have a chance to beat us in the cup, do so! Because the next side to beat LTFC in the FAI cup can say they did the eL a big favour and dumped an embarrassment (like so many before us) out of a chance of competing in europe.

The very man who believes that winning the FAI would have brought a cool one million euro to waterford united and enabled ye to go full-time.... dreamer....

Partizan
20/11/2004, 12:00 PM
well put it to you this way,

we had alot more to lose from the Final than you would ever have envisaged.

Then again you wouldnt understand the situation that we have had to deal with down here in Waterford.

Slash/ED
20/11/2004, 5:16 PM
Yeah fair play to Cork, that was an amazing run they put together at the end of the season and if they had of won the league in the end then you couldn't have begrudged them too much. I think while people are talking about Shelbournes european run, the group stages for the UEFA cup should be the target for Cork, or at least making the first round proper, and that could be very lucrative for them anyway. I think with a better draw Shels could have done it, so the break through to one of the group stages could come next year!

It'll be interesting to see what Cork do over the pre season though, who are you supposed to be bringing in? It should be a good year next year anyway.

RedX
20/11/2004, 5:25 PM
Fair dues to Shels for winning the league..maybe next year we will start better and make a better go of it..Bohs will be good next year as always and Drogs have already made some good signings so it should be good season to look forward to..Good luck in the Champions League Slash/ED and hopefully we can do well in the UEFA Cup also..

Finally well done to Longford also on a great season winning the two Cups..really i hate yee all and look forward to playing yee next season. :D

jofyisgod
20/11/2004, 7:06 PM

You're posts are some rubbish Partizan. Oh, and by the way, only you seem to find the whole '****' joke remotley funny. How's life down in 5th?

Well done Shels, ye were the leaders, deservedly, the whole way through so it's only fair ye won. I think Cty have had developed leaps and bounds this season though, and i'm really excited about next year.

Congrats Longford, I was delighted when ye won the FAI Cup, great scenes. If only ye could transfer some Cup form into the league,it would make for a much more exciting finish.

Try and survive the winter now lads... :D

Partizan
21/11/2004, 12:09 PM
Considering all the money Corkies have, the resources etc. and the potential fan base, WUFC have acheived far more than ye have. We finished 5th and got to the Cup Final remember with no money, limited resources, dwindling fan base(all eL clubs are affected by it) and a manager in his first season at the helm(super job Alan :) ). I dont think we have done too badly. I would have settled for fifth before the start of the season and a Cup Final appearance.

All the teams that finished above us are either full time or will turn full time very shortly so in hand of the limited resources that WUFC has, I think we did quite well running a very tight ship.

We dont have the cash of a Brian Lennox or a Mick Wallace floating around in which to shelve out silly money to players.

Not bad from a club that has played a large part of the last 15 years in the First division and wa son the verge of going into extinction just 4 years ago with a debt of approx €750k yoyos.

Éanna
21/11/2004, 3:21 PM
Shels were consitent all season, and worthy winners. Fair play. This season was probably a little soon for us having such a young squad. What harm, we'll do it next year

NY Hoop
22/11/2004, 10:42 AM
Bogford who will no doubt embarass us again in UEFA Cup next season by losing to an Andoran side, in which no doubt they will find comfort in the fact that 10 of the ski-jumpers played in a valiant 6-0 defeat against Luxembourg.[/QUOTE]

:D :D :D

KOH

observer
22/11/2004, 11:11 AM
I am finding it hard to type with my eyes full of tears after Partizan's heart rending tale of the heartbreak caused to Waterford by their cup loss. While he did'nt expand on the exact details of the tragic scenario, he can be assured that had we known the position pre cup final we would have prevailed on the players to let ye win. :p
As for you N.Y. Hoop we will put in a word for you with the Longford building firm who currently hold the keys to your new stadium. As soon as you pay your bills we are sure they will let you back in. Perhaps you would also refund the grant money you misused so that the clubs who run their business properly can get the grants due to them. The worst thing I can wish you and your club for 2005 you have already got - Roddy. :D

patsh
22/11/2004, 11:14 AM
paranoia....rubbish....blah, blah, blah......rumour....jealousy....petty bullsh*t......blah, blah, blah

:rolleyes:

NY Hoop
22/11/2004, 11:48 AM
I am finding it hard to type with my eyes full of tears after Partizan's heart rending tale of the heartbreak caused to Waterford by their cup loss. While he did'nt expand on the exact details of the tragic scenario, he can be assured that had we known the position pre cup final we would have prevailed on the players to let ye win. :p
As for you N.Y. Hoop we will put in a word for you with the Longford building firm who currently hold the keys to your new stadium. As soon as you pay your bills we are sure they will let you back in. Perhaps you would also refund the grant money you misused so that the clubs who run their business properly can get the grants due to them. The worst thing I can wish you and your club for 2005 you have already got - Roddy. :D

Will you?! There's a good boy. And us thinking that our investor not having signed the deal was the hold up when all along it was some longford crank with a chip on his shoulder who hadnt put the word in............

KOH