PDA

View Full Version : Disgrace

Yer Ma
11/01/2002, 10:34 AM
"Subject: Rochdale's teen star in demand

Officials from Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic are both chasing the services of Rochdale's teenage sensation Patrick McCourt.

The 18-year-old has come through the Northern Ireland ranks and played for the senior side in a friendly against Macclesfield Town for McIlroy's testimonial match in November.

But Rochdale confirmed that they have received an approach from Eire officials with a view to selecting McCourt for their Under-21s next month - a move certain to put them on a collision course with their colleagues north of the border."

I find this unbelievable. We have been putting this young fella through the Northern Ireland national team for the past number of years and now your association would like to approach him because he's a half decent player. This is so out of order....have you guys run out of Englishmen to approach that you now have to start poaching players from north of the border? Disgrace.

Neil
11/01/2002, 2:46 PM
McCourt has been named in the latest Rep. Ireland U-21 squad.

Brine
13/01/2002, 12:16 PM
Don't worry yer ma, we'll bring you back some duty free. A bottle of sake perhaps?

Éanna
14/01/2002, 4:11 PM
northern who? not even a real bloody country! no prpoer flag, no proper anthem. we'll get those 6 counties back, then no need for this kind of argument.

Pablo
14/01/2002, 4:41 PM
Theres only one team in Ireland my friend. NI wouldnt even constitute a republic "c" team

dahamsta
14/01/2002, 6:58 PM
northern who? not even a real bloody country! no prpoer flag, no proper anthem. we'll get those 6 counties back, then no need for this kind of argument.

Éanna, this is neither the place nor the time. Do your political ranting elsewhere, it's not welcome here.

adam

Brine
14/01/2002, 8:09 PM
Seconded! This is a football discussion board after all.

A face
15/01/2002, 1:28 AM
Can it for fook sake ..... we are trying to get them to stop chanting IRA for the fields, just drop it and hope this horrible thing will go away .... SSSsshhhhh !!!

Éanna
15/01/2002, 4:27 PM
sorry. i shouldn't have posted that here.
all i'm saying is that the "ira" bit is sung in the fields all over the country, and i don't think it's going to go away.

Éanna
15/01/2002, 4:29 PM
Originally posted by Yer Ma
This is so out of order....have you guys run out of Englishmen to approach that you now have to start poaching players from north of the border? Disgrace.
but in fairness, that was hardly the nicest comment of all time.

Pablo
16/01/2002, 7:01 PM
lets keep the football separate! ok it wasnt the nicest poet but hey, just mock him over the crap football team he supports :D