thejollyrodger
19/11/2004, 6:58 PM
I still think Cork City FC will come back from this

max power
19/11/2004, 6:59 PM
i don't, and bohs have only half a team playin

jofyisgod
19/11/2004, 7:00 PM
Bad penno decision by the sounds of it. Can't believe Ian Stokes...

max power
19/11/2004, 7:09 PM
bad decision in dublin not to give shels a peno, so hey, thats life

jofyisgod
19/11/2004, 7:21 PM
bad decision in dublin not to give shels a peno, so hey, thats life

Guess so-who the fcuk writes the script for the eL?! :eek: :D

sadloserkid
20/11/2004, 11:56 AM
Looked a penalty on TV.

jofyisgod
20/11/2004, 6:59 PM
Looked a penalty on TV.

Are you insane? :rolleyes: Looks again, www.corkcityfc.ie you can download them.

sadloserkid
21/11/2004, 1:06 PM
Are you insane? :rolleyes: Looks again, www.corkcityfc.ie you can download them.

Looked again. I still think Devine pulled him down after getting the ball. The ball hadn't been carried far enough away to say the Bohs lad couldn't have gotten it back under control.

Besides, it's hardly relevant given that Shels got their point anyway...

A face
21/11/2004, 1:51 PM
it's hardly relevant given that Shels got their point anyway...

That has no bearing on whether or not it was a peno. There are two totally different games and should have no impact on each other.

I really think that alot of people are content with the standard .... unreal ... this league will never progress futher than what is right now. Not with that attitude anyway.

sadloserkid
21/11/2004, 2:22 PM
That has no bearing on whether or not it was a peno. There are two totally different games and should have no impact on each other.

I really think that alot of people are content with the standard .... unreal ... this league will never progress futher than what is right now. Not with that attitude anyway.

Totally agree with you actually and think that the standard of reffing in the league is quite poor. Personally I think that the ref got it right the other night but even outside of that the point I was making is that the decision had no discernible bearing overall on the title race as Shels held their nerve. For once. No more and no less. :)

jofyisgod
21/11/2004, 3:07 PM
I know it made no difference SLK, but that is surely irrelevant?!
One day, one of the refs is going to cause uproar, be it for a title-decideing game, or a relegation dogfight. Who knows, what if Limerick were sent down by one bad decision?-could happen in this league.I just hate to think that City could have lost a season's work on one shocking decision.

BTW, You ate the only person i've spoken to who thinks it was a penno! :D Unique ;)

sadloserkid
21/11/2004, 3:17 PM
I know it made no difference SLK, but that is surely irrelevant?!
One day, one of the refs is going to cause uproar, be it for a title-decideing game, or a relegation dogfight. Who knows, what if Limerick were sent down by one bad decision?-could happen in this league.I just hate to think that City could have lost a season's work on one shocking decision.

BTW, You ate the only person i've spoken to who thinks it was a penno! :D Unique ;)

Totally agree with all of the above. With my uniqueness even more than the poor standard of refereeing. ;) There's no doubt that it needs to be looked at because it does effect results. Congrats to you all on a fine season anyway and best of luck next time out though I prolly won't be around to see much of it (almost certainly emigrating in January) so I'll probably miss the reborn Limerick sweeping aside all before them too. :(

sadloserkid
21/11/2004, 3:18 PM

He tasted damn good too! :D