PDA

View Full Version : Shels on Tuesday

Darklordsbane
01/02/2015, 6:26 PM
Just wondering if there will be any supporters going to Leixlip for the match on Tuesday 6.30 k/o I believe, probably quicker going from Longford than Dublin, even thought the distance is greater there will be no traffic from that direction,
the weather is supposed to be bad on Tuesday hope not, I suppose everyone will get a few minutes but we might play a fairly strong team with the cup match on Thursday
any thoughts

Martinho II
02/02/2015, 4:04 PM
Just wondering if there will be any supporters going to Leixlip for the match on Tuesday 6.30 k/o I believe, probably quicker going from Longford than Dublin, even thought the distance is greater there will be no traffic from that direction,
the weather is supposed to be bad on Tuesday hope not, I suppose everyone will get a few minutes but we might play a fairly strong team with the cup match on Thursday
any thoughts

forgot leinster senior cup is this Thursday. will make that. Wont make game tmw nite as workin nites in Heuston .

Darklordsbane
03/02/2015, 6:44 PM
Just heard Dave'y scored early on, don't know anything else, can't find any updates

Darklordsbane
03/02/2015, 6:49 PM
1 all half time my daughter found it on Section O on Twitter god bless her

Longfordian
03/02/2015, 6:51 PM
There's updates on Twitter, if you go to twitter.com/shelsfc or twitter.com/section_o_ltfc you'll see them. 1-1 half time. Couple of names I don't recognise on our bench, Darren Smith and Conor Dunne. A few of the u19s on the bench too.

Longfordian
03/02/2015, 7:15 PM
2-2 full time. Sounds like it was a decent workout.

hollocaine
03/02/2015, 8:35 PM
Yeah decent workout. Skinner dropped a cross from a corner for their first goal just before the break. He hadn't much to do otherwise. We had taken the lead earlier when a Tom Morris shot hit the post and Sully scored the rebound.

Nine changes made at half time. Deady played about 60 mins. Rossiter only player to play the full 90.

Of the new lads, Aymen Ben Mohammed and Martin Deady impressed most.

Some lads were there but not playing due to their college team commitments I presume (Gorman, Cowan, Simon). Willie Tyrell was there but didn't feature for some reason and no sign of Jamie Mulhall from what I saw

Longfordian
03/02/2015, 9:02 PM
TC said in an interview in the Evening Herald that Jamie was injured but would be back in training in a couple of weeks. He missed out on trials with Sunderland and Wolves because of it. Willie may still be recovering from his bad injury too.

outspoken
03/02/2015, 9:56 PM
Was at the game myself, entertaining enough for a pre-season game.

We took the lead thanks to an excellent bit of play from Tom Morris when he hit the post and sully converted the rebound, then on the stroke of HT Skinner made an absolute Howler and Shels equalised.

We brought on a lot of u19 players at half time and fair play to them they all got stuck in and number 25 (think it could have been smith not sure) was very impressive with his effort and pacey runs.

Poor second goal to concede as we let their man in to the box from a wide position and he scored with a deflection but our equaliser was a joy to watch as the superb Pat Sullivan (full back) tricked his way down the wing and delivered a pin point cross for Pender to tap home.

A great work out for the lads but still think we need another winger and back up striker.

Town Legend
03/02/2015, 10:06 PM
Smith I think is part of the under 19 set up. Conor Dunne could possibly be the defender who played with Shamrock Rovers B team last season.

outspoken
03/02/2015, 10:18 PM
Smith I think is part of the under 19 set up. Conor Dunne could possibly be the defender who played with Shamrock Rovers B team last season.

Yeah smith was very imprecise down the right wing, Dunne was caught badly for the second goal but he's built like a tank Id say he could score a few from set pieces