PDA

View Full Version : Derry City vs Glentoran

Stanley Chan
19/11/2004, 12:45 PM
Was confirmed this morning, the game shall take place at the Brandywell on Tuesday night, 23rd November, with a 7.45pm Kick Off.

The game is a charity game for the NI Hospice in the memory of Glentoran and Ex-Derry City player Stephen Parkhouses mother, who died recently.

So what do you boys think? Have to say Im looking forward to it, should be a good test of teams, as long as we bring a strong team up. There should also be a large amount of Glentoran support heading up.

Right a bit of info, can anyone give me directions to the Brandywell, say from Drumahoe (Im not really to hot on the layout of Derry, and being at Stutes ground before I know how to get there). My club should be bringing a bus up, any info where we can get this parked, any concerns due to the local area?

Will there be a club shop open, where we can pick scarves etc up? Also is there a bar we can drink in and would any of you boys be up for a pint.

Cheers and hope to see you there on Tuesday!

dancinpants
19/11/2004, 7:02 PM
Yell get more of a response if you go to:

www.derrycitychat.com

But from Drumahoe, head up towards the Altnagelvin Hospital, when you hit the roundabout there'll be a sign for the Craigavon Bridge or the City Centre, get to the bridge take the lower deck, swing a left at the end of it and drive towards the floodlights (ye'll get to a wee roundabout, more like a bump in the road and swing right). Thats about as simple as ye'll get!!!

makka_dcfc
20/11/2004, 2:47 PM
The Club shop will be open as as far as i know. The best bars to have a drink in would probably be the oakleaf or barring that Badgers.If you have any other queries then go to derrcitychat.com register and ask anyone on there ;)

DCFC2004
20/11/2004, 11:50 PM
Was confirmed this morning, the game shall take place at the Brandywell on Tuesday night, 23rd November, with a 7.45pm Kick Off.

The game is a charity game for the NI Hospice in the memory of Glentoran and Ex-Derry City player Stephen Parkhouses mother, who died recently.

So what do you boys think? Have to say Im looking forward to it, should be a good test of teams, as long as we bring a strong team up. There should also be a large amount of Glentoran support heading up.

Right a bit of info, can anyone give me directions to the Brandywell, say from Drumahoe (Im not really to hot on the layout of Derry, and being at Stutes ground before I know how to get there). My club should be bringing a bus up, any info where we can get this parked, any concerns due to the local area?

Will there be a club shop open, where we can pick scarves etc up? Also is there a bar we can drink in and would any of you boys be up for a pint.

Cheers and hope to see you there on Tuesday!

MORE than welcome and hope to see ye all there on Tuesday

Go to www.derrycitychat.com and leave a message but I'd say OAKGROVE BAR in Bishop Street would be the best bet before/ after the game as ALL away supporters are more than welcome there and it's only minutes away from Brandywell.

Great idea, great fundraiser and I hope that Tommy and Co are playing for The Glens :)

DERRYCITY2004

dortie
21/11/2004, 9:43 AM
Visit the Oakgrove Bar, we have our clubroom there (Brandywell Pride SC).

As someone mentioned all fans are welcome apart from those from Ballybofey.

www.brandywellpride.com

Stanley Chan
21/11/2004, 5:23 PM
Unfortunatley wee Tommy wont be playing, he picked up a hamstring injury on the 2nd October, and was hopefully of making it back against the 2nds last week. The day before the game he pulled it again and is out for another month!

Id say we'll have a strong enough team out, as our reserves are playing a semi-final the next night. But you never know. I think Morgan and Halliday will be rested!

makka_dcfc
02/12/2004, 11:35 PM
i was a steward at the match and may i say a word of thanks to all of the Glens fans that travelled to the game. They all helped to create a brilliant atmosphere and hopefully it will be the first of many matches between the two clubs in the 21st Century (not in the IL i mean :D )

CollegeTillIDie
03/12/2004, 12:17 AM
What score did it finish up ?

The Donie Forde
03/12/2004, 9:17 AM
What score did it finish up ?

1:1 AFAIK

Donie