PDA

View Full Version : funny old game

foureyes
19/11/2004, 9:42 AM
isnt it?

pressures on the leaders, troops giving it their all, full gun. end of season, carnival atmosphere, full house, family day out, wireless in the stand, keeping updated, game of two halves, eleven v eleven, anything could happen. down the local, few pints before kick off, pre match jitters, talk of the game, memories of the season, teams of the past, all in, ex players spotted, hearts in mouths, restless night, kids full of belief. prayers being said, whistle blows, end to end, eye on the ball, partisan crowd, tough one for the ref, all the old songs, voice hoarse tomorrow, lad in hand, hope for the best, fingers crossed, eyes down, jokers wild, funny old game, isnt it?

James
19/11/2004, 9:44 AM
beautiful post at the end of the day foureyes, my hearts in my mouth and we can only focus on our own performance and hope the other team do us a favour / slip up

tiktok
19/11/2004, 9:46 AM
brilliant foureyes aka Ron Manager :D
boys in the park, jumpers for goalpots, isn't it.

yiddo
19/11/2004, 9:54 AM
And hopefully at the end of the day it'll be all credit to the gaffer..........

James
19/11/2004, 10:22 AM
wake up at the same time each morning, listen to sultans of pings as soon as wake up. shower, dress - same tshirt, same shoes, same jersey, same routine, goto game with same ppl using the same route out from town, talk to same ppl in same order in the hshoe, walk into the ground at exactly the same time 38 mins before kickoff,

nervous?.. me? bloody hell

kevincronin2000
19/11/2004, 10:28 AM
I had pains in my stomach this morning, the aticipation of this is getting too much for me i am a nervous wreck.

roll on 7.30 and then 9.15

thecorner
19/11/2004, 10:32 AM
lad in hand,

what u get upto afterwards is strictly ur own business ;)

foureyes
19/11/2004, 10:50 AM
i was wondering how long it would take someone to mention that.

thecorner
19/11/2004, 10:59 AM
fcuking hell, john player is doing some business outta me today

jimhacker
19/11/2004, 12:00 PM
The season just gone-there's a novel in there.

Malmo,Tolka,Nijmegen, Brandywell, Nantes, Flansiro .....how about it 4eyes?