PDA

View Full Version : Mission Accomplished

patsh
19/11/2004, 8:00 AM
The second step in the Great Leader's Plan for World Domination has been achieved.
No matter what the results are tonight, it's been a fantastic season and well worth celebrating.
Thanks, Brian, Pat and the Lads.:cool:

thecorner
19/11/2004, 8:02 AM
agreed

we got closer to shels, have something to play for the final day of the season and split the "big" 2

throw in the added bonus of a european run

cant feckin sleep :mad:

James
19/11/2004, 8:08 AM
cant sleep
me awake since 4.30am
got a rousing rebel army text from scotty at 7am..

who in cork isnt thinking 100% on this game

REBEL ARMY
:ball:

B-Stand
19/11/2004, 8:18 AM
who in cork isnt thinking 100% on this game

Probably the ones going to the rugby :D

Seriously, best of luck tonight. Shels winning the league again will be disastrous for the whole league. We've already seen, with the departure of Hawkins, Ginger Judas and Ryan to them, how their successful European campaign has taken it's toll on US.

We've feck all to play for and I sincerely hope the three stooges mentioned above are NOT even let near the team bus this morning :mad:

I sincerely hope that you beat us if Pats can also do the job. But if it's 3-0 to Shels at h/t, then I'll be cheering for the Gypsies again ;) Good luck.

thecorner
19/11/2004, 8:22 AM
Probably the ones going to the rugby :D

Seriously, best of luck tonight. Shels winning the league again will be disastrous for the whole league. We've already seen, with the departure of Hawkins, Ginger Judas and Ryan to them, how their successful European campaign has taken it's toll on US.

We've feck all to play for and I sincerely hope the three stooges mentioned above are NOT even let near the team bus this morning :mad:

I sincerely hope that you beat us if Pats can also do the job. But if it's 3-0 to Shels at h/t, then I'll be cheering for the Gypsies again ;) Good luck.

cheers for that b-stand

ive got fecking butterflies already

Gary
19/11/2004, 8:28 AM
The second step in the Great Leader's Plan for World Domination has been achieved.
No matter what the results are tonight, it's been a fantastic season and well worth celebrating.
Thanks, Brian, Pat and the Lads.:cool:

A lot done, plenty more to do, as a certain FFer on this board would say.

Great season. Win lose or draw tonight, it was a blast. Every single player did himself proud, as did every coach, as did the mangement.

Ive a funny feeling about the game tonight. I can see Shels slipping, I really can.

thecorner
19/11/2004, 8:31 AM

Ive a funny feeling about the game tonight. I can see Shels slipping, I really can.

one final twist left in the season

reading st.pats message board last night and i left it in a very confident mood

patsh
19/11/2004, 8:31 AM
Ive a funny feeling about the game tonight. I can see Shels slipping, I really can.I've a funny feeling myself....:(
Big crowd....Tension....nearly a third of the oppostion playing their hearts our for their new club....
We could get stage fright yet again......:(

connaithe
19/11/2004, 8:38 AM
I was reading on Aertel last night what john Mcdonnel was saying. They had not taken one point off of shels yet and that was going to change. I have that feeling too lads....Going to stop off on church on the way and say a few prayers. Its worked in the past ;) ;)

Fair_play_boy
19/11/2004, 8:53 AM
nearly a third of the oppostion playing their hearts our for their new club........( :D :D :D :D

Fair_play_boy
19/11/2004, 8:58 AM
I don't care what happened in past seasons. I don't really care if we never have another season as good as this. 2004 goes down as the best experience for a City supporter, IMHO. Roll on 7.30.
Oh, last night I heard grumblings from a few rugger buggers who are not best pleased about the earlier kick-off at Musgrave Park (6.45) to avoid traffic congestion. To add insult to injury, they seem concerned about losing a chunk of their attendance to Turners Cross tonight. :D

Gary
19/11/2004, 9:13 AM
nearly a third of the oppostion playing their hearts our for their new club....

Thats assuming that they will all start. Im looking at the Bohs msg board, and they reckon Crowe and Ryan may not, as they are now seen as Judii!

thecorner
19/11/2004, 9:16 AM
, as they are now seen as Judii!

learn something new every day.. judas plural :confused:

Gary
19/11/2004, 9:46 AM
JUST SEEMS LIKE A FUNNY WORD.(stupid caps)

patsh
19/11/2004, 10:11 AM
Thats assuming that they will all start. Im looking at the Bohs msg board, and they reckon Crowe and Ryan may not, as they are now seen as Judii!Thats just the fans, Gary. I can't see Farrelly leaving the 3 of them out, he will want a win for Bohs, the other stuff won't bother him.

Dricky
19/11/2004, 10:18 AM
I have to say even though I don't think that P Dolan is the man, I do have to give him credit for being manager that brought us to at this stage second place. Hats off to him. Deserves his contract extension.

Colm
19/11/2004, 10:40 AM
2004 goes down as the best experience for a City supporter, IMHO.

I think it's impossible to argue with that.

Our record breaking European run, at least second place and still in with a chance on the last day. Even though we might end up without a trophy I think it could be argued that it's our best season ever.

The most important thing imo is that we've still got such a young squad thus this season could be just the beginning of even greater things for Cork City.

Everyone has played their part. Pat, the players, the fans and everyone involved with the club deserve a pat on the back.

thecorner
19/11/2004, 10:41 AM
I think it's impossible to argue with that.

Our record breaking European run, at least second place and still in with a chance on the last day. Even though we might end up without a trophy I think it could be argued that it's our best season ever.

The most important thing imo is that we've still got such a young squad thus this season could be just the beginning of even greater things for Cork City.

Everyone has played their part. Pat, the players, the fans and everyone involved with the club deserve a pat on the back.

that sounds like a P.R.O. speaking :D

razor
19/11/2004, 11:11 AM
The most important thing now is to try and keep this team together while adding maybe 1 or 2 defenders.

Gary
19/11/2004, 11:12 AM
Reading the interview with Hoggy in todays Mirror, there is a strange fact. At 24, he is the 4th oldest player in the team, and one of the senior players in the squad.

It certainly all bodes well for the future.

Slash/ED
19/11/2004, 11:17 AM
Whatever happens tonight, both Shels and Cork have had a season to remember. Record equalling and beating European runs, some superb football played along the way and plenty of drama. Whatever happens, it's been a very enjoyable season, and if Cork win good luck to them next year in the CL, both teams have been superb this season so I wouldn't begrudge "ye" if you do win it.

Of course, Shels will win it anyway ;) but either way it should be a dramatic day, I've been nervous all week. Hopefully the Bohs players will want to do their new team a favour though :)

yan
19/11/2004, 11:26 AM
is it me or do most shels fans seem extremely nervous and keep wishing us all the best!!! :rolleyes:

if the fans are like this,there players must be worse!!!! :D

Slash/ED
19/11/2004, 11:28 AM
is it me or do most shels fans seem extremely nervous and keep wishing us all the best!!! :rolleyes:

if the fans are like this,there players must be worse!!!! :D

I'm just pretending, secretly I want you to crash and burn :p

Fair_play_boy
19/11/2004, 12:51 PM
In fairness to you Slash/ED you have posted a lot of good stuff in the forum this year. I note a hint of sincerity in what you say, and I agree with you. Irish soccer has grown up a lot this season, and the fierce rivalry between clubs in a really competitive league is a large part of that.
That said, COME ON CITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :ball: :ball: :ball: :ball:

Fair_play_boy
19/11/2004, 4:41 PM
Reading the interview with Hoggy in todays Mirror, there is a strange fact. At 24, he is the 4th oldest player in the team, and one of the senior players in the squad.

It certainly all bodes well for the future.Yes that is a brilliant position for the club to be in. Even Devine who is one of the three older than him has years left in him yet. The next three to four seasons will surely be a golden age for CCFC.