PDA

View Full Version : The BIG Darts Showdown!!

JoeSemi
18/11/2004, 9:15 PM
It literally is the BIG showdown of the year on Sunday with the title of the world's greatest darts player up for grabs. The long time debate over which organisation rules the roost in darts will be decided on Sunday night at the Circus Tavern in Purfleet, when Phil 'The Power' Taylor and Andy 'The Viking' Fordham go belly-to-belly on the reinforced oche!

Where do our allegiances lie on this special event? Do we go with tradition and hope The Viking prevails for the BBC's BDO, or that The Power will triumph for the glitz and glamour of Sky's PDC? :D

dublinred
18/11/2004, 9:31 PM
It literally is the BIG showdown of the year on Sunday with the title of the world's greatest darts player up for grabs. The long time debate over which organisation rules the roost in darts will be decided on Sunday night at the Circus Tavern in Purfleet, when Phil 'The Power' Taylor and Andy 'The Viking' Fordham go belly-to-belly on the reinforced oche!

Where do our allegiances lie on this special event? Do we go with tradition and hope The Viking prevails for the BBC's BDO, or that The Power will triumph for the glitz and glamour of Sky's PDC? :D

The power will hammer him.

JoeSemi
18/11/2004, 9:33 PM
The Power hasn't been flying on all cylinders of late and I've a sneeky feeling The Viking might do him with his superior fitness :D

carrickharp
19/11/2004, 7:10 AM
It's on Pay per View, which is the only problem getting to see the feckin thing, think Taylor will win this one see HERE (http://www.planetdarts.co.uk/article.asp?id=238260).

Darts (after soccer of course) the best sport in the world :D

the 12 th man
19/11/2004, 7:16 AM
It's on Pay per View,

well they've just decimated their prospective audience with that manouvre,
anybody who might have casually taken a look will now not be bothered.

maybe i'm wrong but i can't imagine many people paying to watch this.

Terry Phelan
19/11/2004, 8:59 AM
Darts:watching paint dry is more exciting. ;)

Aberdonian Stu
19/11/2004, 8:59 AM
You'd genuinely be surprised. I remember ITV showed Taylor vs Barneveld a couple of years back and the crowd at it was huge so I reckon it'll get a decent enough number buying it. The thing with pay-per-view is that the numbers don't need to be huge to make it worthwhile. A lot of pubs will buy it too.

$Leon$
19/11/2004, 9:57 AM

terry do u realise how much training these lads do. restrictive licencing laws do nothing to help their cause. with pubs only open from 1000am to 1130pm there isn't enough time for these lads to tran especially comin up to big championships. i think opening hours should be extended comin up to major championships bit like college librarys coming up to exams

Dublin12
19/11/2004, 10:07 AM
Darts..I remember the days when the players were known by their real names,none of this Power,Viking,Barrell,Keg or whatever they call themselves now and whats all that walk on music all about :rolleyes:

drinkfeckarse
19/11/2004, 10:11 AM
Fordham might have a chance if he can keep his pints intake down to about 10 instead of his usual 20 a day!! :D :D

the 12 th man
19/11/2004, 10:22 AM
A lot of pubs will buy it too.

had'nt thought of that . :)

JoeSemi
19/11/2004, 2:37 PM

Dunno what paint you use then, but gimme some :p

jofyisgod
19/11/2004, 5:26 PM
I'd Like Fordham to win, cos he owns a pub just down the road from me-sound job too. Taylor has this stupid new haircut, saw it on SKY.

C'MON ANDY! :D

Maz
19/11/2004, 5:28 PM
Hes got the power!!! Phil Taylor, Class act!