PDA

View Full Version : They are not bitter at all.....

patsh
18/11/2004, 1:51 PM
From http://www.dublincityfc.com (http://www.dublincityfc.com/)

City aim to go out on a high!
18th November '04

DUBLIN City take on Shamrock Rovers in a game which although now meaningless as far as the relegation battle is concerned, has a decided edge to it after Roddy Collins walked out on the Vikings as it manfully battled to avoid the drop.

Collins still hasn't indicated why he left for the only team that the Vikings could overhaul despite repeated requests to enlighten everyone, but regardless, the consensus in football circles is that his Quisling-like decision ranks with the lowest form of actions ever perpetrated within the ranks of the eircom League.

Now nicknamed the `Turncoat in the Overcoat', Collins along with his lapdog Terry Eviston will occupy the visiting dugout tonight in Tolka Park (7.45pm K.O.) and there will be no love lost between the two and Dermot Keely in the Dublin City dugout.

Keely, who will tie up loose ends this weekend and confirm his agreement to take over on a permanent basis at the club, has stated that he won't be shaking hands with Collins after his most selfish act of walking out on a club when they most needed their manager.

Collins has tried to wind up Keely by saying `he's had his day,' but Collins forgets that Dermot has the added advantage of having a brain with a significant degree of cerebral activity.

Collins' controversial decision to walk-out undermined City's fight to beat the drop and part of the fallout is the continued absence of two of Collins' cross-channel signings Grant Cooper and Ronnie Henry who damagingly haven't travelled since Collins departed.

Robbie Farrell is suspended for tonight's encounter after his red card against Bohs but Scott Friel returns after suspension and Keely will be sure to fire up his troops to raise their game. Shane Robinson is suspended for the Hoops.

"It's a game we'd love to win," says skipper Tony O'Connor. "It's always nice to beat Rovers and after what Roddy Collins done, it'd be a nice way to sign off the season. Roddy's going around saying that he has the support of Dublin City players after he walked out but who that a naive Roddy taking people for mugs again and that's utter nonsense. It's typical Roddy. The players are deeply hurt by what he done, make no bones about it, and the best way of letting him know is by going out and performing on the field of play."

Some excellent grammar from "Toccy", showing that maybe he, or the person who posted the story, needs "a brain with a significant degree of cerebral activity".........:D

NY Hoop
18/11/2004, 3:01 PM
That just shows what a childish, pathetic, sad little outfit they are. Imagine in a proper league one club slagging off their ex manager on an OFFICIAL website. What did Terry Eviston ever do to them?

If keely has a brain with a significant degree of cerebral activity what the hell is he doing with these ****s? Wait they deserve each other. A sad, washed up bitter man for a sad, washed up bitter club. Now I understand :D

Blaming everybody else for their shortcoming shows them for what they are.

**** OFF SEERY AND YOUR **** CLUB FOREVER..........

KOH

Pablo
18/11/2004, 3:09 PM
they've been at it all year on that site. if Seery spouts all this rubbish about ethics he should practice what he preaches

NY Hoop
18/11/2004, 3:18 PM
Seery ethics

:D :D :D :D

KOH

pete
18/11/2004, 3:22 PM
Was reported in Sunday Times at weekend that was rumour shel$ were to offer Seery Commercial position in shel$ schoolboys section so may not be a CHF next season...?

NY Hoop
18/11/2004, 3:27 PM
Was reported in Sunday Times at weekend that was rumour shel$ were to offer Seery Commercial position in shel$ schoolboys section so may not be a CHF next season...?

Ollie and seery would suit each other being the 2 biggest scumbags in the league. Hopefully shels will buy CHF like the junkies did with francis.

BTW can see shels blowing it tomorrow night............

KOH

LukeO
18/11/2004, 4:12 PM
Just wondering, what has Seery ever done that is "unethical"?

conboy
18/11/2004, 4:19 PM
Very entertaining lads but the games been called off, maybe Collins and Kealey would like to sort it out at the carpark in Whitehall there'd be a bigger crowd then at the Sh£ls/Pats game and the winner could polish the Eircom trophy before it's handed over to Pat Dolan. :p

thejollyrodger
18/11/2004, 5:04 PM
HAHAHA - reading that was hilralious. Talk about being bitter !! ROFL !

Shame the game was postponed

Éanna
18/11/2004, 6:21 PM
fckuin hell what a bitter pathetic little man. does he use his website to sort out all his little vendettas. I hope that club goes bust and never darkens the door of this league again.

Colm
18/11/2004, 6:32 PM
Seery is a pathetic bitter little scumbag.
He seems to use the club's official website to air his nasty, misinformed, small minded, inaccurate and ignorant views on a regular basis.
Dublin City were always seen as a joke by most football fans but since this guy has started to lose the plot he just makes them look even worse.
Seery should be thankful for Ollie Byrne because without him he'd be a certainty for the biggest scumbag in the el.

Éanna
18/11/2004, 6:34 PM
by the way, if you want a really good laugh, go to the site, and look at the guestbook. seery posts as " the chairman" on it. his posts are the most self-serving, badly spelled shower of shít I have ever seen.

example:

I drove home last night alone. Nobody wanted to buy me a drink. No one wanted to go for a drink. I opened my bottle of southern comfort and I drank alone.

As you do when drinking alone I reflected. I remembered this time last year in Whitehall doused in Champers everyone buying me drink everyone drinking with me flash bulbs flashing everywhere. Great expetations. Great hopes. The train had left the station, the carriage was full. Alas last night the room was dark the only flashes were the flashes of the last 9 months going through my tangled mind. The train had sadly returned to the station early and the carriage was empty. OK I said as I poured another stiff one. I backed the wrong horse. I made a ****** of it. I should have done this. I should have done that. I should have listend to him. I should have listed to her. Lets go after Rovers. Lets go after Collins. Lets end the dream. Turn off the dimming light and start your life afresh. No hazzle. No stress. No abuse. No disloyality. No dealing with low morals. As I emptied my glass again and made my way to the door to make my way up stairs to start a new life I stopped.

*********** I took a deep breath a tear fell from my closing eye **********.

As I reached to finally turn off the the fading light for ever I said to my self.

NO F****KING WAY. THEY WONT F****GING WIN. SEVEN YEARS OF BLOOD GUTS PAIN WILL NOT BE THROWN AWAY.

I filled my glass yet again the helpings were getting bigger. My mind turned to Breda, Pat, Mark, Eamon, Eddie, Ray, George, John Gill, even Tom on the site, Breifne, Sean Kidd, Paul from Spar, Lorcan, & all my sponsors. Everyone out there touched by the dream. The fading light got brighter I heard the engine of the train give a little cough the driver was heading for platform NUM 1 again. He knew that he wont be able to drive until morning but he also knew the above passengers and more would be there. As I emptied my glass for the last time I shed my final tear. Life waits for no man and man must make life happen for himself.

WE WILL BE BACK ON THE TRACK TOMORROW.

I made my way to my waiting bed and as I turned off the light and drifted into my sleep the dream began again The dream lives on.

UP THE DUBS.

A face
18/11/2004, 7:27 PM
by the way, if you want a really good laugh, go to the site, and look at the guestbook. seery posts as " the chairman" on it. his posts are the most self-serving, badly spelled shower of shít I have ever seen.

example:

I drove home last night alone. Nobody wanted to buy me a drink. No one wanted to go for a drink. I opened my bottle of southern comfort and I drank alone.

As you do when drinking alone I reflected. I remembered this time last year in Whitehall doused in Champers everyone buying me drink everyone drinking with me flash bulbs flashing everywhere. Great expetations. Great hopes. The train had left the station, the carriage was full. Alas last night the room was dark the only flashes were the flashes of the last 9 months going through my tangled mind. The train had sadly returned to the station early and the carriage was empty. OK I said as I poured another stiff one. I backed the wrong horse. I made a ****** of it. I should have done this. I should have done that. I should have listend to him. I should have listed to her. Lets go after Rovers. Lets go after Collins. Lets end the dream. Turn off the dimming light and start your life afresh. No hazzle. No stress. No abuse. No disloyality. No dealing with low morals. As I emptied my glass again and made my way to the door to make my way up stairs to start a new life I stopped.

As I reached to finally turn off the the fading light for ever I said to my self.

NO F****KING WAY. THEY WONT F****GING WIN. SEVEN YEARS OF BLOOD GUTS PAIN WILL NOT BE THROWN AWAY.

I filled my glass yet again the helpings were getting bigger. My mind turned to Breda, Pat, Mark, Eamon, Eddie, Ray, George, John Gill, even Tom on the site, Breifne, Sean Kidd, Paul from Spar, Lorcan, & all my sponsors. Everyone out there touched by the dream. The fading light got brighter I heard the engine of the train give a little cough the driver was heading for platform NUM 1 again. He knew that he wont be able to drive until morning but he also knew the above passengers and more would be there. As I emptied my glass for the last time I shed my final tear. Life waits for no man and man must make life happen for himself.

I made my way to my waiting bed and as I turned off the light and drifted into my sleep the dream began again The dream lives on.

UP THE DUBS.

Jebus fúckin chríst ..... what is that like !!! :eek: :confused: :eek:

jofyisgod
18/11/2004, 8:04 PM
Jebus fúckin chríst ..... what is that like !!! :eek: :confused: :eek:

It's like fúcking Othello or something :D Jeesus Christ-no wonder the players are down, having shíte like that spurted at them

ShelsTim
18/11/2004, 8:10 PM
Whatever about Seery, Collins is scum and Rovers are scum. A 7-0 win for the Dubs would not go astray.

anto eile
18/11/2004, 8:44 PM

example:

UP THE DUBS.

hahahaha! :D :D :D :D that is hilarious. not even the darkest nether-regions of Damien Richardsons mind could come up with something like that!

A face
18/11/2004, 9:58 PM
As I emptied my glass for the last time

How many is that now ?? :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Macy
19/11/2004, 7:40 AM
Just wondering, what has Seery ever done that is "unethical"?
Threatening the league with court a couple of years ago when Waterford played an illegal player. Waterford were deducted points, Seery claimed they should've gone to CHF, which would've meant that they'd claim the play off spot from Harps. Delayed Harps and Towns season by several weeks, and trying to claim positions through the courts when you've lost on the field of play is unethical IMO.

patsh
19/11/2004, 8:23 AM
example:

I drove home last night alone. ...............UP THE DUBS.Christus Almighty.
This is the first time I've ever seen anybody advertise their own insanity.
Has anybody in GrangeGorman read this?
Help BADLY needed......:eek:

Aberdonian Stu
19/11/2004, 8:32 AM
Just read the opening couple of paragraphs. Not exactly fair and balanced journalism but a laugh to read no less.

NY Hoop
19/11/2004, 9:27 AM
Whatever about Seery, Collins is scum and Rovers are scum. A 7-0 win for the Dubs would not go astray.

And ollie isnt?! At least we dont have a convicted thug "running" our club with the support consisting of dozens of kids running around the stand........

KOH

joey B
19/11/2004, 9:39 AM
Seriously this man should be a mental institution.Not running a football club.
A well him and Keely will go well together.And could you blame collins for jumping ship if thats who is boss was. :D :D :D

Mr_T
19/11/2004, 10:45 AM
Threatening the league with court a couple of years ago when Waterford played an illegal player. Waterford were deducted points, Seery claimed they should've gone to CHF, which would've meant that they'd claim the play off spot from Harps. Delayed Harps and Towns season by several weeks, and trying to claim positions through the courts when you've lost on the field of play is unethical IMO.

Exactly macy.

Passive
19/11/2004, 1:25 PM
As NY Hoop said, it just shows how childish Home Farm are.
Shut the door on your way out Ronan.

patsh
24/11/2004, 10:55 AM
Rovers and out for Vikings as Turncoat Collins completes his dirty work

23rd November '04

TURNCOAT Roddy Collins completed his season's dirty work as an under strength Dublin City fell to Shamrock Rovers in the last game of the eircom League season at Tolka Park yesterday.

Collins walked out on the Vikings three weeks ago to Rovers in an act of unbelievable selfishness at a time when the club still had genuine hopes of survival. Yesterday he put all his Hoops players on trial in a game that rarely rose to temperatures that the fixtures' potential suggested might happen.

City had no Adam Rundle - just the latest (and last) one of Collins signings who refused to turn-up for the a Dublin City fixture. And of course there was no Carlton Palmer, Danny Boxall, Alex Nescovic, Ronnie Henry or Grant Cooper - all hailed by Collins as being the best players in their position in the eircom League when he signed them. Gone like the wind, the lot of them! So much for Collins ability to attract players of the right character - Rovers beware.

Collins, obviously scared that his ample girth was under threat came with a professional minder in tow, and with lapdog Terry Eviston by his side, saw the visitors get the better of City who once again had large rafts of possession but failed to convert their chances.

Rovers went in front somewhat fortuitously in the 10th minute when Paul Malone's off target shot from the left side of the penalty area found Shane Robinson who promptly drilled and angled 14 yard shot past Robbie Horgan in the Drumcondra end goal.

City were level within 10 minutes as Gary O'Neill set up Cottsie O'Connor to break free of the Rovers cover to drill home past Noel Mooney in the Rovers goal.

The winner arrived in the 54th minute when Derek Treacy got across his marker to flick Mark Rutherford's free to the back of the net.

Cottsie O'Connor might have done better on a couple of occasions to set up Gary O'Neill in better positions, but O'Neill when he did get clear on goal in the 76th minute managed to screw his shot wide with only a jittery Mooney to beat.

Turncoat Collins was only too happy to pose for photographs with jubilant Rovers supporters after the match - the same people he had recently promised Dublin City fans, would be treking around the first division next season - but that was of course before he jumped ship on the club that had honoured every agreement with him and his players.

Rovers chairman Tony Maguire attempted to write off the recent events by engaging City Chief Executive Ronan Seery in a halftime `pow wow' discussion and indicated that it was `all over and behind us as' far as he and his club were concerned. Sadly Maguire has a short memory or fails to appreciate the enormity of the damage his actions has inflicted on a fellow eircom League club.

The cheek of the lowlife cur! His apparent lack of intellect and moral rectitude would have him somehow believe that everything was rosy in the garden again, but his memory span is so short that he fails to appreciate that his damning actions will in fact be remembered by so many for a long long time to come - by anyone with a bit of common decency running through their body.

In fairness, Rocky, dignified to the last, told him with measured calmness to p*ss off!

City went down with dignity and Dermot Keely will now look to assemble a squad capable of returning to Premier Division in the coming seasons. An indication of Keely's no nonsense approach was evident with his 11th minute substitution of Peter Hynes. Keely hauled him off for a slipshod performance and the players' injudicious decision to engage in a verbal touchline exchange only served to confirm that he had played his last game for the club.

Collins, unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately after all, will now turn his wrecking ball tactics to Rovers, and, Rovers will give him free reign.

. The fools, the fools have they not learned anything????? City will be back and Rovers have had their illustrious name tarnished in a way that a club with their rich history should never have allowed - but that's what you get when you have people like Tony Maguire at the tiller

It really is time for Seery to pay a visit to a certain hospital out in Dundrum.
Is he the most pathetic, whiny little bitch on the island?.....:rolleyes:

Colm
24/11/2004, 11:06 AM
Rovers and out for Vikings as Turncoat Collins completes his dirty work

23rd November '04

TURNCOAT Roddy Collins completed his season's dirty work as an under strength Dublin City fell to Shamrock Rovers in the last game of the eircom League season at Tolka Park yesterday.

Collins walked out on the Vikings three weeks ago to Rovers in an act of unbelievable selfishness at a time when the club still had genuine hopes of survival. Yesterday he put all his Hoops players on trial in a game that rarely rose to temperatures that the fixtures' potential suggested might happen.

City had no Adam Rundle - just the latest (and last) one of Collins signings who refused to turn-up for the a Dublin City fixture. And of course there was no Carlton Palmer, Danny Boxall, Alex Nescovic, Ronnie Henry or Grant Cooper - all hailed by Collins as being the best players in their position in the eircom League when he signed them. Gone like the wind, the lot of them! So much for Collins ability to attract players of the right character - Rovers beware.

Collins, obviously scared that his ample girth was under threat came with a professional minder in tow, and with lapdog Terry Eviston by his side, saw the visitors get the better of City who once again had large rafts of possession but failed to convert their chances.

Rovers went in front somewhat fortuitously in the 10th minute when Paul Malone's off target shot from the left side of the penalty area found Shane Robinson who promptly drilled and angled 14 yard shot past Robbie Horgan in the Drumcondra end goal.

City were level within 10 minutes as Gary O'Neill set up Cottsie O'Connor to break free of the Rovers cover to drill home past Noel Mooney in the Rovers goal.

The winner arrived in the 54th minute when Derek Treacy got across his marker to flick Mark Rutherford's free to the back of the net.

Cottsie O'Connor might have done better on a couple of occasions to set up Gary O'Neill in better positions, but O'Neill when he did get clear on goal in the 76th minute managed to screw his shot wide with only a jittery Mooney to beat.

Turncoat Collins was only too happy to pose for photographs with jubilant Rovers supporters after the match - the same people he had recently promised Dublin City fans, would be treking around the first division next season - but that was of course before he jumped ship on the club that had honoured every agreement with him and his players.

Rovers chairman Tony Maguire attempted to write off the recent events by engaging City Chief Executive Ronan Seery in a halftime `pow wow' discussion and indicated that it was `all over and behind us as' far as he and his club were concerned. Sadly Maguire has a short memory or fails to appreciate the enormity of the damage his actions has inflicted on a fellow eircom League club.

The cheek of the lowlife cur! His apparent lack of intellect and moral rectitude would have him somehow believe that everything was rosy in the garden again, but his memory span is so short that he fails to appreciate that his damning actions will in fact be remembered by so many for a long long time to come - by anyone with a bit of common decency running through their body.

In fairness, Rocky, dignified to the last, told him with measured calmness to p*ss off!

City went down with dignity and Dermot Keely will now look to assemble a squad capable of returning to Premier Division in the coming seasons. An indication of Keely's no nonsense approach was evident with his 11th minute substitution of Peter Hynes. Keely hauled him off for a slipshod performance and the players' injudicious decision to engage in a verbal touchline exchange only served to confirm that he had played his last game for the club.

Collins, unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately after all, will now turn his wrecking ball tactics to Rovers, and, Rovers will give him free reign.

. The fools, the fools have they not learned anything????? City will be back and Rovers have had their illustrious name tarnished in a way that a club with their rich history should never have allowed - but that's what you get when you have people like Tony Maguire at the tiller

It really is time for Seery to pay a visit to a certain hospital out in Dundrum.
Is he the most pathetic, whiny little bitch on the island?.....:rolleyes:

That is absolutely pathetic.
That an official website of a club would publish a match report like that shows how small time and amatuerish Dublin City really are.
They'd want to be careful because I reckon Rovers and certainly Roddy would have serious grounds to take a case against Seery for that. We would have had a case ourselves too after what he said about City fans on the site.
Sooner or later that kind of bitter rubbish is going to get DC into serious trouble.

I am now convinced that aswell as being a scumbag Seery is also a pathetic, bitter, twisted little man.

tiktok
24/11/2004, 12:04 PM
The presence of that ''article'' on an official website is disgusting.
Seery should be brought before the Eircom League to explain himself.

Schumi
24/11/2004, 12:40 PM
The cheek of the lowlife cur!
That's probably libelous!

That report is ridiculous, official websites should not carry that sort of invective. Seery has wasted the good will that people had for him after Collins left with his OTT stuff afterwards.

patsh
24/11/2004, 1:05 PM
Seery seems obssessed with "moral fibre" "moral rectitude" and "intellect" and the like....
He quite obviously possesses none of those qualities himself....:rolleyes:

As Schumi said, he must be sailing very close to the wind here with some of the language he is using. Can he be trying to provoke something?

fbtn
24/11/2004, 1:18 PM
Sweet Fcuk! :D

Best match report I've ever read, even more unbelievable that its off their official site.

The man is totally off his rocker!! And he is forgetting that he is the one solely responsible for taking Collins back into employment in our league.

You were warned 'Rocky'.

Oh.........don't be surprised if he calls for some kind of court hearing (again!) before the start of next season to keep CHF in the Premier. Ethics my hole.