PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Rooney

sadloserkid
18/11/2004, 12:33 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that's a very lucky boy that his petulance last night will be forgotten about because the Spanish crowds behaviour will (justifiably I'll concede ;)) take the headlines instead.

Actually am I the only one who thinks that England tried to hack their way through the game last night??? Not that it's a big deal, just reminded me of Cobh under Hill.

Wish Wright-Phillips had banged one in last night (Ashley Cole has annoyed me from day 1 so he's another story) and shut the Spaniards up.

Wish Rooney didn't reinforce all the stereotypes about ignorant twits who are socially and culturally redundant too though. Only the worst kind of moron tears off a black armband and throws it away.

Idiot. :mad:

jebus
18/11/2004, 12:39 PM
Not to mention chucking Emyln Hughes armband on the ground as he stormed off. David Beckham put it down to him being young, I'd put it down to him missing the Aul Boot.

jebus
18/11/2004, 12:41 PM
Thought the armband was worth a mention again (covers tracks on not reading the last line of original post, I put it down to me being young)

sligoman
18/11/2004, 12:44 PM
He showed no respect by throwing the armband on the ground.Did you see him when he came back out, with a bottle of beer in his hand :D ? I think he should of been sent off not taken off,friendly or not.

drinkfeckarse
18/11/2004, 12:53 PM
He'll get a nice reception at Anfield I'd say after throwing the armband down and rightly so. Totally disrespectful form the petulant little pr!ck.

JoeSemi
18/11/2004, 12:54 PM
Says it all about the fat, petulant, Manc c**t. If only the late great Emlyn Hughes could have got a smack at him.

Macy
18/11/2004, 1:00 PM
Says it all about the fat, petulant, Manc c**t. If only the late great Emlyn Hughes could have got a smack at him.
Just proves that Rooney is getting over his greatest problem - his association with Merseyside.

btw and unbelievably Rooney was a far bigger news story than all the racist stuff :rolleyes:

jebus
18/11/2004, 1:02 PM
to be honest I didn't see much in the papers about Rooney this morning, but a lot about the monkey chants. Still I've only got my hands on the tabloids so far.

Macy
18/11/2004, 1:04 PM
to be honest I didn't see much in the papers about Rooney this morning, but a lot about the monkey chants. Still I've only got my hands on the tabloids so far.
Back page of The Sun, Rooney back page report, match report 7 pages in, one sentence about the racist chants.

jebus
18/11/2004, 1:08 PM
I try my best not to read the Scum to be honest, at the very most to skim thru it. Anything Pro-Utd deserves burning in my book. But the English should take greater exception to one of their own disgracing the badge, than a bunch of idiots shouting abuse from the terraces in my opinion

Macy
18/11/2004, 1:19 PM
I try my best not to read the Scum to be honest, at the very most to skim thru it. Anything Pro-Utd deserves burning in my book. But the English should take greater exception to one of their own disgracing the badge, than a bunch of idiots shouting abuse from the terraces in my opinion
You wouldn't have given a fook if the armband was for some non-scouse random ex-england footballer, so give it a rest with the moral high ground. Of course one player disrespecting another ex-player is far worse than thousands abusing people over the colour of their skin. :rolleyes:

sadloserkid
18/11/2004, 1:26 PM
You wouldn't have given a fook if the armband was for some non-scouse random ex-england footballer, so give it a rest with the moral high ground. Of course one player disrespecting another ex-player is far worse than thousands abusing people over the colour of their skin. :rolleyes:

Macy man, you and me have always gotten on but I think you're getting your wires crossed here. You wouldn't have given a fook if Rooney didn't play for Man Yoo...

And I do think that one person disrespecting a dead person is pretty heinous to be honest... maybe that's strange...

jebus
18/11/2004, 1:29 PM
Oddly enough I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan(no need to insult, I already know them all) so have no alliegence to the Scousers. I just think Wayne Rooney and anyone else playing for Englands seventh best team are absolute gob****es, with the exception of Kleberson, that guy just cracks me up

drinkfeckarse
18/11/2004, 1:30 PM
Both cases are in the same boat IMO. Both point to stupidity and ignorence and both issues are a disgrace.

Macy
18/11/2004, 1:36 PM
Macy man, you and me have always gotten on but I think you're getting your wires crossed here. You wouldn't have given a fook if Rooney didn't play for Man Yoo...
Definitely not, but then this thread wouldn't be here if it was a player from any other club would it? I actually couldn't give a fook what he does when he's playing for england, once he avoids injury.

And I do think that one person disrespecting a dead person is pretty heinous to be honest... maybe that's strange
I ain't going to be hypocritical just because someone is dead. Even saying he was being disrespectful implies he actually thought about what he was doing - but sure join the lynch mob of a kid for throwing away an armband....

drinkfeckarse
18/11/2004, 2:25 PM
You can't defend it Macy, he's an immature little brat who threw his rattle out of the pram because things weren't going his way. For you to suggest that he didn't really know what he was doing by throwing off the armband proves my point of how childish he is.

The players were all made aware of the significance of the armband before they put it on, he knew exactly why he was wearing it.

You may be blinded by Man Unitedness and won't have a word said against him but it doesn't matter whether he's 15 or 35, it was a disrepectful thing to do and cannot be defended.

And your point about it's only a fuss because he's a Man Utd player, any player who carried on like that would make the headlines and therefore be talked about on boards like this.

Troy.McClure
18/11/2004, 2:36 PM
Did you see him when he came back out, with a bottle of beer in his hand :D ?

I thought it was beer too but on closer inspection I think that it was bottled water.

For my 2 cents, I think that the arm band thing has been blown way ott, its not like he went and danced on Hughs grave, he was just ****ed off at a manager finally telling him off. Shame he wasnt sent off though, he did enough for 3 yellow cards, I dont see why the refs should keep the cards in their pockets just coz its a friendly. If you are prepaired to be as cynical as Rooney then you should get a card

inexile
18/11/2004, 2:36 PM
agreed that the removal of the armband was bad form however i also thought his ignoring of the substitute replacing him alan smith was downright ignorance, it can be instinctive to remove an armband when coming off i have done it myself just out of absentmindedness but refusing to congratulate smith i thought was bad form

JoeSemi
18/11/2004, 3:30 PM
I think the fact you're are an arrogant Manc tells its own story Macy.
What is it they say about sarcasm being the lowest and cheapest form of wit? Sums up the Manc mindset and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that your signature reads as it does.

As for Rooney, I'm sure your defence of him wouldn't have materialised had he still been in an Everton shirt? Funny how a Manc can change his tune towards a Scouser!! ;) Smell the hypocrisy.......it stinks. Somebody gimme a gas mask :)

Closed Account 2
18/11/2004, 5:08 PM
There was talk he could have picked to play for us instead of England... on last nights evidence I'm glad he didn’t pick us. It was just like a spoilt brat, he showed all the class and professionalism of a pub brawler. If it had been a proper match he'd have been sent off and cost his team dear. He clearly thinks he's bigger than the team and the manager, if I was Sven I drop him for the next 3 matches to teach him a lesson.

Im sure his petulance and aggression will have been noticed by top international defenders like Nesta, Montero, Carvalho, Cannavaro, Ayala, Lucio and Gary Breen. I dare say a fair few of them (with the exception of the latter - who is the epitome of honesty and fair play) might well try and spark up his aggression next time they play him (be it in the Champions League or in an International) if he reacts like that he'll get a red and a three match ban like the Roma lad De Rossi (v Leverkusen).

Plastic Paddy
18/11/2004, 5:20 PM
Heard that too.

Thought it was very bad by Rooney, but hardly the end of the world. I mean, if he was well advised he'd be told to put his hands up and apologise, and let that be the end of the matter.

Exactly. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the matter, all he needs to do is issue a public apology and the armband issue will be forgiven. I find it rather sad that he has - as yet - failed to do so.

:ball: PP

Macy
19/11/2004, 8:29 AM
I think the fact you're are an arrogant Manc tells its own story Macy.
What is it they say about sarcasm being the lowest and cheapest form of wit? Sums up the Manc mindset and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that your signature reads as it does.

fook off, a Liverpool fan calling anyone else a hypocrite? Where's your famous munich song?

noby
19/11/2004, 9:18 AM
Whoever he plays for, Rooneys actions will always be hyped up to the last by the media. Today fm sports led with the whole Rooney-armband-beer saga, saving the more relavent Israel v Cyprus 'til later.

Earlier this year two liverpool players (Kewell & Smicer I think) threw away their armbands ( 15 anniversary of Hillsborough) after 10 mins of a match.

While both incidents are a little disrespectful, at the end of the day, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Dublin12
19/11/2004, 10:01 AM
Rooney will be another Gascoigne,we haven't seen the last of these antics,who the fcuk does he think he is anyway at least when Gasgoigne was starting out he didn't go around as if the whole world was on his case,must get it from shagging old tarts :eek:

lopez
20/11/2004, 12:54 PM
.....hopefully his talent won't be properly harnessed,& he'll lose it through 'too many pies/burgers'/'self-destruct' on the field sufficiently,to go towards being a new 'Gazza'....... :eek:Or some disease picked up in a 'sauna' parlour that can no longer be treated with anti-biotics. :mad:

...Today fm sports led with the whole Rooney-armband-beer saga, saving the more relavent Israel v Cyprus 'til later...Get your priorities right here. Its the greatest league in the world we're talking about here! :rolleyes: It takes precedence over everything else.

noby
20/11/2004, 1:53 PM
Get your priorities right here. Its the greatest league in the world we're talking about here! :rolleyes: It takes precedence over everything else.
My humble apologies.