PDA

View Full Version : Death to the Trin

Aberdonian Stu
18/11/2004, 10:22 AM
Oh men of Belfield hear me now.

This Friday all our hatred for our mortal enemy shall come to the fore as the forces of Trinitor do battle with the men of Belfield in Donnybrook.

Which in English means the Colours Rugby match is this Friday at 6.30pm in Donnybrook. It's the only rugby match of the year we should all care about so lets stick it to the Trins!

Roo69
18/11/2004, 10:41 AM
TCD is only Irish University listed in THES World University Rankings
Trinity College Dublin is the highest ranking Irish university to feature in the top 200 universities in the recently published Times Higher Education Supplement’s world university rankings. The College was ranked 87th in the world.

The THES world university rankings lists the world’s top 200 universities measured on peer review; number of citations per faculty member; ratio of students to staff; and the number of international students and staff. Harvard University was the highest ranking institution, while Oxford and Cambridge Universities were ranked fifth and sixth respectively.

The Dean of Research, Prof. Ian Robertson, said that this ranking endorses the fact that Trinity is Ireland's leading research university and there should be a strong sense of pride that the College has achieved this place in the context of the historically and internationally low levels of resourcing. It is a tribute to the talent, scholarship and hard work of all staff and students, he added.

Wheres UCD ? :D

Macy
18/11/2004, 11:18 AM
the Colours Rugby match
Is the casuals one afterwards in Kiely's?

Aberdonian Stu
18/11/2004, 2:08 PM
Bah!

For starters I think you'll find that both UCC and UCD featured in the last world rankings list, the Trins were the best of the Irish followed by UCC and then the fair land of Belfield. Sadly Social Science and Arts are big faculties so our ranking gets hit hard as we devote less to business and science. Though still more to Business than the rest.

I'll hazard a guess at where Roo was...ahem...educated.

It's been a long time since we lost to Trinity in the colours (seven years I think) although this one has bit more spice than usual given that it counts for league points, the first time in five years that has been the case.

Roo69
18/11/2004, 2:21 PM
Bah!
I'll hazard a guess at where Roo was...ahem...educated.

Guess so.............

Aberdonian Stu
19/11/2004, 8:26 AM
Good match preview http://yournewsletters.com/leinster/e_article000327839.cfm?x=b41DwVJ,b2m93RkL

I reckon the Trins best chance is if it's wet, that'll give Heaslip some room to do some damage, although I reckon we have the greater strength in the front and second rows. Don't know much about this Gainer chap, but last week's experience should stand to him.

If it stays the way it is now I think our backline will be very hard to contain, although Hickey's consistency with the boot will once again be a major factor. He normally kicks well in the Colours and if he can keep his early season form the ninth win in a row looks likely. If Norton or O'RIordan play half as well as they can it should be exciting but expect Trinity to try and keep it tight to contain them, hence UCD will need Hickey to use his boot to good effect.

CollegeTillIDie
19/11/2004, 7:50 PM
Trinity..... SH1TE

Cheer up Trinity
Oh what can it mean
to a
sad west brit b*st**d
who can't spell UCD

COme on the College Rugger buggers :p

CollegeTillIDie
19/11/2004, 9:19 PM
Dublin University 20 U.C.D. 20

John McClean's Rugger Academy
John McClean's Rugger Academy :D

joey B
22/11/2004, 9:11 AM
I thought this was a fecking soccer fourm :D

Aberdonian Stu
22/11/2004, 10:11 AM
It is but this is a UCD event and it conveniently precedes the colours footy which is tomorrow in Trinity.

I saw the second half of the rugby, superb crowd by far the biggest for a few years. Our defence left a lot to be desired and our lineout was so bad you could have sworn Paul Shields was the hooker (he's a bad hooker from Ulster for those who don't get it) but most of the creative rugby was on our side. On the whole a draw seemed a fair result.

joey B
22/11/2004, 10:18 AM
It is but this is a UCD event and it conveniently precedes the colours footy which is tomorrow in Trinity.

I saw the second half of the rugby, superb crowd by far the biggest for a few years. Our defence left a lot to be desired and our lineout was so bad you could have sworn Paul Shields was the hooker (he's a bad hooker from Ulster for those who don't get it) but most of the creative rugby was on our side. On the whole a draw seemed a fair result.
Not as bad as steve thompson english ****.

CollegeTillIDie
23/11/2004, 11:47 PM
How did the colours football game go then lads?

Schumi
24/11/2004, 11:51 AM
It was a 1-1 draw.

pineapple stu
24/11/2004, 5:30 PM
Any idea who scored? Or even what sort of team we put out?

Aberdonian Stu
25/11/2004, 9:04 AM
A hungover one :D

Schumi
25/11/2004, 12:07 PM
Any idea who scored? Or even what sort of team we put out?Not a clue, I didn't recognise any of them. I think Cashin was in goal if that helps.

pineapple stu
25/11/2004, 12:25 PM
As in Paul Cashin, our fourth-choice keeper who only once made the bench this season?! Yep, that says a lot about the team we put out!

Seeing as Colours seems to be outside the regular season now, we should put out our full team sometime for the laugh!

The Sh!tes won last year, didn't they? So they retain it by virtue of the draw this year.