PDA

View Full Version : TV Coverage

JDB
18/11/2004, 9:59 AM
RTE announce details of TV coverage

November 18, 2004

RTE have confirmed details of their coverage of the title-deciding final night of eircom League action, with the state broadcaster sending cameras and commentators to both Richmond Park and Turners Cross as all the action unfolds in the final thrust of the 2004 season.

Anchor-man George Hamilton will present the programme, which begins at 7.00pm on Friday night, thus ensuring a half-hour of pre-match build-up and comment from pundits Roddy Collins and Alan Matthews, the managers of Shamrock Rovers and Longford Town respectively.

Darragh Maloney will be in the commentary box at Tolka Park as leaders Shelbourne take on St Patrick’s Athletic seeking the point they need to seal the title.

Meanwhile, Stephen Alkin will be keeping his eye on events at Turners Cross, where Cork City require a win against Bohemians to have any chance of sneaking into top spot.

thecorner
18/11/2004, 10:02 AM
, thus ensuring a half-hour of pre-match build-up and comment from pundits Roddy Collins

calling himself a pudit now is it

be interesting to see what he has to say. any other time he was on, he seems to be a big shels fan

pity ger canning isnt there...could have made a banner for him :D

paudie
18/11/2004, 10:03 AM
I can't believe RTE can't find anyone better than that eejit Collins to "analyse" the game.

Even ignoring his actions of the last few weeks, he's a useless analyst.

$Leon$
18/11/2004, 10:04 AM
pity i won't be able to watch it.
its stilla far cry from the coverage rte give the prem league.
el weekly at 1130 on a monday night hardly compares to the hour at 7 on sat eve that rte gives to prem. it would b in rte's advantage to promote el more. they could get el matches a hell of a lot cheaper than prem games. should have live game every friday and a weekly review on sat around the same time as premiership

$Leon$
18/11/2004, 10:05 AM
I can't believe RTE can't find anyone better than that eejit Collins to "analyse" the game.

ye but he dresses well for the telly

Gary
18/11/2004, 10:16 AM
I agree completely with Brian Lennox when he says that the eL isn't ready for full time, regular coverage.

There are only 3-4 grounds from where the should consider screening a game - The Cross, Tolka, Dalymount, and The Flansiro. The rest just aren't up to scratch, though I hear Richmond is being done up as well.

patsh
18/11/2004, 10:23 AM
Alan MatthewsThis would Alan "Cork are supposedly challenging for honours but they never hurt us, we have actually drawn with them twice in 2 seasons" Matthews is it?
At least you can laugh at Collins, but this whimpering pr*ck is about as interesting as a plank of wood....:rolleyes:

Buile Shuibhne
18/11/2004, 11:02 AM
Darragh Maloney will be in the commentary box at Tolka Park as leaders Shelbourne take on St Patrick’s Athletic seeking the point they need to seal the title.

But, will the cameras be in Richmond Park?

pete
18/11/2004, 2:39 PM
I presume cameras at both grounds with most coverage from inchicore...& movin for last 10 minutes as we win the league ;)

Buile Shuibhne
18/11/2004, 2:51 PM
Read it again

"Darragh Maloney will be in the commentary box at Tolka Park"

Pablo
18/11/2004, 2:52 PM
I presume cameras at both grounds with most coverage from inchicore...& movin for last 10 minutes as we win the league ;)

it seems they'll flick back and fourth as the action happens with a live feed from both grounds

pete
18/11/2004, 3:26 PM
Read it again

"Darragh Maloney will be in the commentary box at Tolka Park"

Seen him off camera on sidelines at Dalymount & only a matter of time before the tv techies locked him a box in the wrong ground...

;)

$Leon$
18/11/2004, 3:38 PM
Seen him off camera on sidelines at Dalymount & only a matter of time before the tv techies locked him a box in the wrong ground...

;)

what u talkin about willis?

Colm
18/11/2004, 4:39 PM
There are only 3-4 grounds from where the should consider screening a game - The Cross, Tolka, Dalymount, and The Flansiro.

You're right there.
I actually think Richmond looks better on TV than Flancare does as they show the best part of the ground.
At most it's only those 5 grounds that look half decent on TV. The Cross looks excellent even though the cameras are facing the smaller stand.

patsh
18/11/2004, 4:48 PM
I actually think Richmond looks better on TV than Flancare does as they show the best part of the ground.:eek:
Are you serious, with that mound of mud and dirty banners behind one goal, and the f*cking shed that looks like a dog box behind the other?

Colm
18/11/2004, 4:54 PM
:eek:
Are you serious, with that mound of mud and dirty banners behind one goal, and the f*cking shed that looks like a dog box behind the other?

I know the place is a sh!thole, I've been in the dump more times than I care to remember!
However, I do think it looks well on TV. The stand looks very well and their small tin shed looks ok if they've got a crowd in it.

adamd164
18/11/2004, 6:46 PM
be interesting to see what he has to say. any other time he was on, he seems to be a big shels fan

Ya I'm toying with the idea of taping it so that if we win the league, I'll be able to see the look on his face!

Dillo
18/11/2004, 7:55 PM
This would Alan "Cork are supposedly challenging for honours but they never hurt us, we have actually drawn with them twice in 2 seasons" Matthews is it?
At least you can laugh at Collins, but this whimpering pr*ck is about as interesting as a plank of wood....:rolleyes:

That's the same Alan Matthews that has two trophies under his belt this season....... which will be a damn sight more than you l@ngers will have this time tomorrow evening! :)

colblimp
18/11/2004, 8:01 PM
That's the same Alan Matthews that has two trophies under his belt this season....... which will be a damn sight more than you l@ngers will have this time tomorrow evening! :)

I have to say, you can't really argue with that.

Apart from the last bit! :p

patsh
19/11/2004, 7:48 AM
That's the same Alan Matthews that has two trophies under his belt this season....... which will be a damn sight more than you l@ngers will have this time tomorrow evening! :)He is a two trophy winning whimpering pr*ck so.
Winning a competition doesn't change your personality from a begrudging f*ckwit, it just means you are still a whinging pr*ck who has won a competition or two!

jimhacker
19/11/2004, 10:37 AM

Correct is right! This plonker' opinion is worth more or less the same as his word!

Could be worse - it could be Canning as well!

Anyway doesn't matter- I'll be sitting pretty at the halfway line!

jimhacker
19/11/2004, 10:43 AM
He is a two trophy winning whimpering pr*ck so.
Winning a competition doesn't change your personality from a begrudging f*ckwit, it just means you are still a whinging pr*ck who has won a competition or two!

I think he has you there pat!!!!!!!!