PDA

View Full Version : 2015 League of Ireland Fixtures

Pages : [1] 2

nigel-harps1954
15/12/2014, 5:12 PM
Premier Division fixtures being released tomorrow.

Longfordian
15/12/2014, 5:52 PM
Heard talk at our dinner the other weekend that they're trying to have as many derby fixtures as they can for the opening weekend. Sligo at home would be a decent one for us.

Town Legend
15/12/2014, 7:37 PM
If that is the plan then we could find ourselves playing Derry.

Rovers V Bohs
Dundalk v Drogs
Cork v Limerick
Galway v Sligo
Pats V Wicklow FC

Sligo at home would be nice but would'nt bet against the two league champions from last season up in Oriel clashing in first game of the season.

Charlie Darwin
15/12/2014, 7:51 PM
Doubt Rovers-Bohs would open the season. Rovers-Pats maybe, the Fahey derby.

Town Legend
15/12/2014, 8:07 PM
Doubt Rovers-Bohs would open the season. Rovers-Pats maybe, the Fahey derby.

Forgot about the Fahey factor for that game. I always thought league fixtures were computer generated. Or is that just in the more sophisticated Premiership?

refjohn
15/12/2014, 8:29 PM
If that is the plan then we could find ourselves playing Derry.

Rovers V Bohs
Dundalk v Drogs
Cork v Limerick
Galway v Sligo
Pats V Wicklow FC

Sligo at home would be nice but would'nt bet against the two league champions from last season up in Oriel clashing in first game of the season.

Derry Longford seems an anomaly in that list - surely Longford v Galway and Derry v Sligo more likely - keep the Louth and Munster games and then some combination of the 4 Dublin / Wicklow teams.

brendy_éire
15/12/2014, 8:34 PM
Derry Longford seems an anomaly in that list - surely Longford v Galway and Derry v Sligo more likely - keep the Louth and Munster games and then some combination of the 4 Dublin / Wicklow teams.

Galway-Sligo probably makes more sense, with us playing Longford away. Longford, in theory, should get a decent crowd for their first home game.
With the apathy around Derry at the minute, I can't see many travelling to Sligo for a "derby" that we don't really care about.

Besides, these derby days usually create anomalies. 26th December is IL derby day, and Institute are at home to Warrenpoint.

And I do hope they've taken account of the brother's email to our esteemed CEO (to which he received a reply), and ensure that the Good Friday match involving Derry is always played at the Brandywell. Our pubs will be open. ;)

Town Legend
15/12/2014, 8:37 PM

The list I put up was going on what Longfordian said about trying to get as many derby games as possible. Connacht, Munster, Louth and Dublin/Wicklow derbies seemed the logical one with both Longford and Derry left to face one another. Anyways, all will be revealed tomorrow....can't wait!

Charlie Darwin
15/12/2014, 9:27 PM
Forgot about the Fahey factor for that game. I always thought league fixtures were computer generated. Or is that just in the more sophisticated Premiership?
They can manipulate them if they want, but actually it's probably unlikely given the issues it would cause with the # of home and away games. For Kenny's first season at Dundalk, they switched round 5 or 6 to the opening day so Rovers went to Dundalk.

Now that I think about it, though, Fahey is banned for the opening day.

Bray Head
16/12/2014, 12:09 PM
Heard talk at our dinner the other weekend that they're trying to have as many derby fixtures as they can for the opening weekend. Sligo at home would be a decent one for us.
it would make more sense to have derby fixtures on mid week nights. Also opening games always get good crowds

Town Legend
16/12/2014, 2:03 PM
All will be revealed at 4pm! :D

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/5838-2015-premier-division-fixtures-out-at-4pm

Town Legend
16/12/2014, 3:02 PM
http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/images/2015_Season_SSE_Airtricity_League_Fixture_List_16-12-14.pdf

I should of put a tenner on my prediction of the two League Champions clashing in the first fixture up in Oriel!

kksaints
16/12/2014, 3:20 PM
Nice easy one for us to start with!;)

Interesting to see the Wicklow club new match time of Saturdays at 5.45PM.

Yossarian
16/12/2014, 3:23 PM

What's the reason for the change of time? It's an awful time for games if you ask me.

El-Pietro
16/12/2014, 3:31 PM
Why can we never play at home the last game of the season? Why are Derry ever away on Good Friday (See you that weekend Brendy)?

That aside, those are a painful set of fixtures for us, two midweek home games already and two more home games to be moved from Fridays for European fixtures (I don't understand why the teams in Europe aren't all fixed to play each other an even amount of home and away times those weeks, or better yet, schedule those games earlier in the season, you know they have to be moved!!!)

Longfordian
16/12/2014, 3:31 PM
http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/images/2015_Season_SSE_Airtricity_League_Fixture_List_16-12-14.pdf

I should of put a tenner on my prediction of the two League Champions clashing in the first fixture up in Oriel!

Should get off to a nice handy 6 points from 6 start.

PartySaint
16/12/2014, 3:47 PM
Fahey suspended for the first game of the season, that could have been ineteresting

blueblood
16/12/2014, 3:55 PM
How come Limerick are down for 7 o'clock ko until April then 7.45? Will MF have floodlights or not? If not surely it'll be dark before the game finishes at near 9!

Charlie Darwin
16/12/2014, 3:57 PM
Fahey suspended for the first game of the season, that could have been ineteresting
John giveth, John taketh away

Roo69
16/12/2014, 3:59 PM

The native's aren't happy about it what so ever... New people now own the club, who they are i don't know, but have also completely changed our traditional crest, put our seasons ticket prices up and have now changed the day and time of our kick off for home games. I've been talking to a lot of people and they won't be renewing their season tickets. Worrying times ahead

nigel-harps1954
16/12/2014, 3:59 PM
Brays time of 5:45 on Saturday is a brave move. Certainly hope it pays off for them. They needed to try something drastic to bring in a crowd.

Charlie Darwin
16/12/2014, 4:07 PM
The native's aren't happy about it what so ever... New people now own the club, who they are i don't know, but have also completely changed our traditional crest, put our seasons ticket prices up and have now changed the day and time of our kick off for home games. I've been talking to a lot of people and they won't be renewing their season tickets. Worrying times ahead
Why don't people like it? I like Friday nights but I wouldn't be too too disappointed if we went Saturday evening. Seems more workable for people with families too.

Captain2007
16/12/2014, 4:07 PM
Brays time of 5:45 on Saturday is a brave move. Certainly hope it pays off for them. They needed to try something drastic to bring in a crowd.

Final nail in the coffin:(

Dodge
16/12/2014, 4:15 PM
put our seasons ticket prices up

To be fair, they're still €80 cheaper than most clubs. Still by far the cheapest in the league

Ezeikial
16/12/2014, 4:18 PM

Season tickets are quoted at €119 in this extratime.ie article (http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/13445/league-of-ireland-premier-division-season-tickets-2015/) being the lowest cost in the league. How much have they gone up?

Charlie Darwin
16/12/2014, 4:19 PM
Think they were €100 last year.

Captain2007
16/12/2014, 5:54 PM
Think they were €100 last year.

Don't mind paying the extra €20 still the best value in the league, use to look forward to my Friday night football, Saturday more a family day for me, with the population of Bray at 35,000 you won't get 2% to attend and that's the sad reality I am afraid, maybe the reason for the change is that the board see that Sky will be showing PL live games for 2016 on Friday nights.

Olander
16/12/2014, 5:57 PM
The change of kick off for Bray Wanderers seems to be aimed more at catering for away fans more than their own IMO. I'm sure they'll make an absolute killing on games against the bigger Dublin clubs and it will make things a lot easier and allow for bigger away crowds for the provincial sides in the Premier Division also.

Tbh, Bray probably make a good deal more off the away gates they would get off a Rovers/Pats game than 3-4 of their home games put together.

I really can't understand Bray fans moaning about a price hike of €20 for their season ticket... their current offer is still cheaper than most First Division clubs.

JC_GUFC
16/12/2014, 6:07 PM
I think it could be interesting to see how the 5:45 for Bray works - it's not a bad time for a match and should work well with travelling support.

I think I'll take in a few of their matches for sure.

dundalkfc10
16/12/2014, 6:20 PM
The change of kick off for Bray Wanderers seems to be aimed more at catering for away fans more than their own IMO. I'm sure they'll make an absolute killing on games against the bigger Dublin clubs and it will make things a lot easier and allow for bigger away crowds for the provincial sides in the Premier Division also.

Tbh, Bray probably make a good deal more off the away gates they would get off a Rovers/Pats game than 3-4 of their home games put together.

I really can't understand Bray fans moaning about a price hike of €20 for their season ticket... their current offer is still cheaper than most First Division clubs.

I understand them changing to Saturday's but 5.45 instead of 7.45 is a joke!

outspoken
16/12/2014, 10:03 PM
I understand them changing to Saturday's but 5.45 instead of 7.45 is a joke!

Maybe trying to save on lighting costs during the summer months?

davidatrb
17/12/2014, 12:30 AM
So here is my take on the Fixtures:

http://fog2014.blogspot.ie/2014/12/loi-fixtures-2015.html

With Cork, Dundalk, Pats and Shamrock Rovers all meeting one of the other in the first 4 weeks, you can expect some points dropped there. Could find a few teams up there at the start of the season that seem out of place (Drogheda? Limerick? Bohs? Easiest starts?). If St Pats are within striking distance at the end of the season they really should be favourites with no real tricky matches in the last 5.

Pablo Escobar
17/12/2014, 6:06 AM
So here is my take on the Fixtures:

http://fog2014.blogspot.ie/2014/12/loi-fixtures-2015.html

With Cork, Dundalk, Pats and Shamrock Rovers all meeting one of the other in the first 4 weeks, you can expect some points dropped there.

What makes you think that? :p

Longfordian
17/12/2014, 6:39 AM
I'd go as far as to say at least half the teams will drop points on the opening weekend.

Roo69
17/12/2014, 7:51 AM
To be fair, they're still €80 cheaper than most clubs. Still by far the cheapest in the league

There is a bit more to it than just the 20 euro price increase. Personally i don't see why they should increase it, Even though i love the Carlisle, the facilities are terrible and the product on show has got slowly worse year on year for the 5/6 seasons. It doesn't make sense to increase prices on something that is getting worse.

Don't know what to think of the new kick off time yet being honest but the new owners seem to have a plan in place and a vision to make it happen, interesting few months ahead...

PartySaint
17/12/2014, 8:01 AM
I like the idea of Saturday 5:45 kick offs, it will definitely increase away fans numbers going to Bray games and also I'd say a good few fans of the Dublin clubs might end up going to a few Bray home games this season. Wouldn't be surprised if your attendances end up being higher than the last few seasons.

Also the new crest is deadly.

And season tickets for students are still under €100 which is brilliant value.

Ezeikial
17/12/2014, 8:18 AM
Don't know what to think of the new kick off time yet being honest but the new owners seem to have a plan in place and a vision to make it happen, interesting few months ahead...

Perhaps the plan you speak off includes trying to increase the revenue from season ticket sales and attracting more match day sales?

Because of the very obvious value, I doubt that there will be a drop-off in ST sales. Maybe when they take another €20 hike next season......

pineapple stu
17/12/2014, 8:20 AM
There is a bit more to it than just the 20 euro price increase. Personally i don't see why they should increase it, Even though i love the Carlisle, the facilities are terrible and the product on show has got slowly worse year on year for the 5/6 seasons. It doesn't make sense to increase prices on something that is getting worse.
If the club is in as dire financial straits as it seems to be, it only makes sense to increase what is the lowest season ticket price in the league surely?

Dodge
17/12/2014, 9:00 AM
5.45 on Saturday is far, far more attractive to families than 7.45 on Friday or Saturday. For local parents it means they're home by 8.30-9.00 at the latest.

I've always been a huge fan of Friday night football but I'm starting to think Saturday evenings could be better

Real ale Madrid
17/12/2014, 9:07 AM
I could be back to Cork for say 11pm - will be a massive increase in away fans anyway on the 28th of March.

White Horse
17/12/2014, 9:58 AM

It does smack of desperation.

Bray Head
17/12/2014, 12:33 PM
From what I heard the new KO time is aimed more at attracting families to games with a new family section in the main stand.
The increase in season ticket prices is not an issue with most fans I've been talking to. Anyway €99 was too cheap. I'd love to know by what 100% the ST sales increased by when they were dropped to €99 a few years ago. Still €120 for a ST is good value.
It will be a lot easier to get to Bray on the M50 on a Saturday as Friday nights are very busy heading south on a Friday evening.

brendy_éire
17/12/2014, 12:49 PM
Why can we never play at home the last game of the season? Why are Derry ever away on Good Friday (See you that weekend Brendy)?

Dreadful stuff. Bray was ruined last year, and now Cork this year.
I'll still be down, but many others won't be.

Not delighted with two of our midweek fixtures too, away to Limerick and Pats.
Pleased, for soley personal reason, that Bray are now playing Saturdays. Handier for us.

Captain2007
17/12/2014, 4:36 PM
If the club is in as dire financial straits as it seems to be, it only makes sense to increase what is the lowest season ticket price in the league surely?

New sugar daddy on board, cleaned out the old and in with the new board, debts supposed to be paid.
Nice injection of funds for the club, onwards and upwards hope the Saturday K/O works.:D:D

Ezeikial
17/12/2014, 7:06 PM
Should get off to a nice handy 6 points from 6 start.

Have ye got any prima donnas that will refuse to play on that awful Oriel Park surface?

Bray Head
17/12/2014, 7:23 PM
New sugar daddy on board, cleaned out the old and in with the new board, debts supposed to be paid.
Nice injection of funds for the club, onwards and upwards hope the Saturday K/O works.:D:D
Supposed to be all revealed at press conference on Monday. New club sponsor supposed to be announced as well. let's hope so. Maybe the new Bray will be re-instated on foot.ie forum since old board are now gone.

Longfordian
17/12/2014, 7:43 PM
Have ye got any prima donnas that will refuse to play on that awful Oriel Park surface?

Pat Flynn and Pat Sullivan might kick a few lads in protest.

wandererfan
17/12/2014, 11:24 PM
Maybe the kick off time will work for bray maybe it won't , but in terms of home fans many long time season ticket holders have said they won't be renewing due to this change as it now doesn't suit the majority and we were not consulted by the new people involved . let's see what this press conference brings , sponsors owners signings all ment to be coming out

Charlie Darwin
17/12/2014, 11:30 PM
What are Bray fans doing that's so important on a Saturday evening? Surely you don't all go to the theatre?

Captain2007
18/12/2014, 8:00 AM
What are Bray fans doing that's so important on a Saturday evening? Surely you don't all go to the theatre?

We all go to 6 pm mass, devout catholic's us lot in Bray;)