PDA

View Full Version : UEFA fine?

Pages : [1] 2

fergalr
16/11/2004, 12:52 PM
Listening to good old Dessie Cahill on RTE this morning. Referred to Prso not playing tonight and that it would be a relief that there's be no anti Rangers booing.

He then said he had been talking to the guy who reported the FAI to UEFA over the Arveladze booing and mentioned that we had been fined as a result.

Did this actually happen? Its news to me!

Donal81
16/11/2004, 1:06 PM
I've got no beef with booing to show a terrible ref or a cheating player how I feel but to boo a player because he plays with a certain club is pathetic. P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C. Hopefully that's self-righteous enough. If anyone wants to boo players because of their club, they can catch the next game in Windsor Park, apparently it's appreciated there. Keep it out of Lansdowne.

Cowboy
16/11/2004, 2:01 PM
what a ridiculous statement, on the one hand you say its ok to boo a ref and on the other not a player. What if the ref is black is it ok to boo him then for fear of being called racist? Listen player's have been booed for tens of years its part of football culture , keep yopur PC nonsense to your self

tiktok
16/11/2004, 2:12 PM
what a ridiculous statement, on the one hand you say its ok to boo a ref and on the other not a player. What if the ref is black is it ok to boo him then for fear of being called racist? Listen player's have been booed for tens of years its part of football culture , keep yopur PC nonsense to your self

I hate PC nonsense as much as the next guy, but yours is the ridiculous statement. :mad:

If an opposing player calls your club sh!te, or your fans scum, you boo him.
If a former player takes the cash and heads to your rivals, you boo him.
If a player commits a bad tackle, or dives looking for a free (as Pires did in France) then boo him.
If a ref denies your team a clear-cut peno, you boo him.

That's the type of booing that's been 'part and parcel' of Football for years.
It's got fcuk all to do with OK2Boo and the associated morons

The booing of Rangers players isn't even being done by proper Celtic fans FFS, if it was then Tugay would have been booed when the Turks were in town, but he wasn't.
If it was then the boo-boys would have recognised Peter Lovenkrands and not gone on an announcers say-so.
And why, because the boo-boys are a bunch of johnny-come-lately fans who only took an interest after Rangers failed to do ten in a row and after Martin O'Neill took over.

So don't give me that booing the opposition sh1te, it's a new development perpetrated by scumbags who have no place on a football terrace or stand, who wouldn't recognise a Celtic Player from before '99 if he walked up and hit them in the arse with a banjo.

Rant Over.

exile
16/11/2004, 2:16 PM
the only booing tonite will be at milo and deleany

Robinski
16/11/2004, 2:20 PM
the only booing tonite will be at milo and deleany

Correct, let's make sure they hear us proper.

Lionel Ritchie
16/11/2004, 2:42 PM
Well said the last three posters -exile, robinski and especially tiktok.
I'm sorry Prso isn't playing -for starters he's a bloody good player and what use are friendlies if you don't get to pit your team against top opposition.

But I'm also sorry he's not playing because I think we need to start confronting these sectarian fcukers head on. We've already lost if we're glad Prso's not playing so the issue doesn't come up. Sooner or later it will come up again and these guys are gonna have to be told to shut the fcuk up or get the fcuk out.

Cowboy
16/11/2004, 2:45 PM
Theres a lot in what you say but who decides when its ok to boo and when not? and how do you know who is doing the booing as per your statement.

I dont know why you find my stement ridiculous FYI I've been going to landsdowne/dalymont for 30 yrs and I've nothing to do with ok2boo (whoever they are) Booing is not a new development

I personally did not agree with booing arveladsze (or roy keane)but i would not seek to impose my view on anyone else

I hate PC nonsense as much as the next guy, but yours is the ridiculous statement. :mad:

If an opposing player calls your club sh!te, or your fans scum, you boo him.
If a former player takes the cash and heads to your rivals, you boo him.
If a player commits a bad tackle, or dives looking for a free (as Pires did in France) then boo him.
If a ref denies your team a clear-cut peno, you boo him.

That's the type of booing that's been 'part and parcel' of Football for years.
It's got fcuk all to do with OK2Boo and the associated morons

The booing of Rangers players isn't even being done by proper Celtic fans FFS, if it was then Tugay would have been booed when the Turks were in town, but he wasn't.
If it was then the boo-boys would have recognised Peter Lovenkrands and not gone on an announcers say-so.
And why, because the boo-boys are a bunch of johnny-come-lately fans who only took an interest after Rangers failed to do ten in a row and after Martin O'Neill took over.

So don't give me that booing the opposition sh1te, it's a new development perpetrated by scumbags who have no place on a football terrace or stand, who wouldn't recognise a Celtic Player from before '99 if he walked up and hit them in the arse with a banjo.

Rant Over.

Cowboy
16/11/2004, 2:48 PM
But I'm also sorry he's not playing because I think we need to start confronting these sectarian fcukers head on.

Sectarian, who said anything about it being sectarian??? I think you need to get a grip on your emotions

eirebhoy
16/11/2004, 3:16 PM
The booing of Rangers players isn't even being done by proper Celtic fans FFS
I just want to make this clear, the booing of Rangers players was done by the vast majority of the crowd at Lansdowne before it got media attention. A few Celtic fans started the booing and the whole crowd caught on not knowing why. If you hear a few thousand people booing, you do so yourself.

If people think it was a bunch of secterian's this will prove you wrong. Before we played Australia all the papers mentioned Kevin Muscat potentially being a victim of the views. Fran Rooney, Brian Kerr and all the papers came out and asked people to quit the booing. What happened? There was no booing Muscat against Australia. That just proves people were taking it too serious and if they were secterian they wouldn't stop booing just because they were asked.

Whether you agree with the booing or not, it was nowhere near as serious as people make/made out.

Dotsy
16/11/2004, 3:32 PM
So CC fans have never booed an ex-Shels,Shams,Bohs player then(or vice versa) :confused:,because of links......what about Tottenham & Arse;Leeds & Man.U;Wolves & W.Brom;Everton & Liverpool......been to all these games & heard plenty of ex-players,getting dogs'abuse for being traitors etc.Or to take to a national level,Alan 'Donkey' Kernaghan from the osc.,for being a 'turncoat'......

Accept the point you make,but booing players(eg.Barca',with Figo;The T*ns with Alan Thompson;the osc.with Lennon;some Irish with the H*ns),not sporting I know,but alas 'part' of the game......personally,I've slagged off more people for being ManUre,myself ;)

DOn't see how any of these examples have any relevanve to what goes on at Landsdowne with Rangers players. There's a difference in booing someone who you regard as a traitor to your club when they return to play against your team or someone who played for one of your rivals. There is a particualr relevance to it. But this is an international match and and the guy is representing his country no one else so why should he be booed. I assume these guys wouldn't boo any EL player that was playing for Ireland in Landsdowne road even if he palyed for their most hated rivals in the EL (although somehow I don't think these gobsh*tes support the EL). Whether these people claim it isn't sectarian I am pretty sure that's how most other people view it. I certainly don't think giving Lennon as an example makes this any more acceptable. What happend to him was disgusting and we shouldn't be trying to emulate it.

Éanna
16/11/2004, 3:35 PM
its sectarian bullshít to a boo a rangers player. also, its utterly ridiculous to boo a player at an international game because of what club he plays for.

tiktok
16/11/2004, 3:35 PM
So CC fans have never booed an ex-Shels,Shams,Bohs player then

Not unless there was a history with him and the club e.g. Ollie Cahill, Alan reynolds. But to put it in CCFC terms, If Shel's keeper Steve Williams played for Wales (where he's from) against ireland, I wouldn't boo him because of his Shels connection.
If you want to boo Rangers players during an OF game, off you go, there's a history between the clubs and you're rivals, just don't drag it into arenas where it's not relevant.
That's as clear as I can make my position

I dont know why you find my stement ridiculous FYI I've been going to landsdowne/dalymont for 30 yrs and I've nothing to do with ok2boo (whoever they are) Booing is not a new development

I wasn't implying that you had any connection with OK2Boo and I wasn't intending to launch an attack on you, I'm sorry if that's how it seemed. Having said that, I don't agree with your argument.

If you look at my position again, I'm not saying that booing is new, it's not, but the introduction of Celtic/Rangers rivalry at Irish Internati0onals is a relatively new phenomenon.

eirebhoy
16/11/2004, 3:42 PM
its sectarian bullshít to a boo a rangers player. also, its utterly ridiculous to boo a player at an international game because of what club he plays for.
The vast majority of Booers probably don't even go to mass, the rest aren't old enough to know the meaning of sectarian. There's nothing sectarian about the booing. Religion is long gone from the vast majority of the rivalry between the Old Firm.

Dotsy
16/11/2004, 3:49 PM
I just want to make this clear, the booing of Rangers players was done by the vast majority of the crowd at Lansdowne before it got media attention. A few Celtic fans started the booing and the whole crowd caught on not knowing why. If you hear a few thousand people booing, you do so yourself.

If people think it was a bunch of secterian's this will prove you wrong. Before we played Australia all the papers mentioned Kevin Muscat potentially being a victim of the views. Fran Rooney, Brian Kerr and all the papers came out and asked people to quit the booing. What happened? There was no booing Muscat against Australia. That just proves people were taking it too serious and if they were secterian they wouldn't stop booing just because they were asked.

Whether you agree with the booing or not, it was nowhere near as serious as people make/made out.

Neither Muskat or Craig Morroe played in the Australia game but I bet you if they had they would have been booed by these morons.

Team lineup from the Irish Times

AUSTRALIA: Schwarzer; Neill, Foxe, Popovic, Lazaridis; Emerton, Olon, Bresciano, Tiatto; Chipperfield, Viduka. Subs: Grella for Okon (67 mins), Vidmar for Tiatto (69 mins), Aloisi for Viduka (78 mins).

Dotsy
16/11/2004, 3:51 PM
That should have been Craig Moore obviously

Donal81
16/11/2004, 3:53 PM

How in God's name is that a ridiculous statement (and where did racism come into this)? Firstly, I don't say it's ok to boo a ref on one hand and it's not ok to boo a player on the other. I didn't say that at all so read my posts next time before you decide to go mouthing off.

Secondly, there is quite a difference between booing when you're annoyed at (i) a terrible refereeing decision (ii) a cheating player (iii) a player who has generally acted the maggot, slagging off your club, supporters etc and then booing a player because he happens to play for Rangers. You boo a player because he plays for Rangers, thus feeding into the most pathetic, ignorant and braindead sectarian dispute left on these islands, and say it's part of football culture? Maybe that's your culture mate, it's not mine and you can keep it. And you also accuse me of being blindly PC on the matter? You haven't responded to the comparison between bullsh*t 'fans' like those who boo players because they play for Rangers and those in Windsor Park who boo players because they play for Celtic, is that what you want to be like? You pick nice role models, if that's the case.

Booing is indeed part of football as is the sliding tackle. Sometimes necessary, tough and well-timed, sometimes just dirty and carried out by a gorilla.

Slash/ED
16/11/2004, 3:58 PM
I find it hard to believe UEFA fined us over booing a player. They'd have to fine every team on the planet and if they're fining us over booing then god knows what the punishment should be for incidents like away to Georgia.

And the idiots booing Rangers players are idiots but aren't sectarian. There is nothing based on relgion there, they're booing them because they can't tell the difference between Lansedown Road and Celtic Park, not because they have anything against the religion of the player.

Éanna
16/11/2004, 4:01 PM
The vast majority of Booers probably don't even go to mass, the rest aren't old enough to know the meaning of sectarian. There's nothing sectarian about the booing. Religion is long gone from the vast majority of the rivalry between the Old Firm.
they're still the sort of knuckle-dragging morons who support celtic cos they think it makes them part of "the cause" aginst the "huns" and that IS based on religion. they're so stupid they probably don't realise what they're doing has a sectarian basis, but thats neither here nor there

eirebhoy
16/11/2004, 4:06 PM
Dotsy - I'm certain Muscat played against Ireland. As far as I remember he started.

livehead1
16/11/2004, 5:30 PM
in all honesty i dont see the major problem if we were to boo prso. maybe slightly harsh as its because he plays for rangers but after all these are the same glasgow rangers whose chairman was caught singing anti-irish songs, the same glasgow rangers who threw potatoes at the celtic players in reference to the irish potatoe famine. if he wants to play for them then fair enough but celtic do have a large following in this country and booing as not actually that bad, jst a bit of craic really....just a point

Éanna
16/11/2004, 5:40 PM
its bullshít rooted in sectarianism and anyone who boos a player becuase he plays for rangers (or any other club) at an international is an idiot.

Cowboy
17/11/2004, 2:36 AM
I wasn't implying that you had any connection with OK2Boo and I wasn't intending to launch an attack on you, I'm sorry if that's how it seemed. Having said that, I don't agree with your argument.

Fair enough and of course I respect your right to your view but I still maintain that if booing is accepted as an expression of a particular opinion in the context of a football game then who is to decide what that opinion should be. In other words if booing a ref is acceptable than why should booing a player because you do not like his club team be unacceptable

Cowboy
17/11/2004, 2:41 AM

Can you really attest to the motives of everyone who boos?. People boo for many reasons and whilst there is the possibility that some do for sectarian reasons to generalise in this fashion sinks to the level of those you seek to criticise.

Cowboy
17/11/2004, 2:54 AM
How in God's name is that a ridiculous statement (and where did racism come into this)? Firstly, I don't say it's ok to boo a ref on one hand and it's not ok to boo a player on the other. I didn't say that at all so read my posts next time before you decide to go mouthing off.

I think you should re read your own contribution before posting. I did read your post otherwise I would have not posted a reply. Your use of hyphens to accentaute the word pathetic seems to assume that readers do not understand the meaning of the word. What I do have an issue with though is telling others when it is ok to boo and when not ( I think you missed my point on this one)

Perhaps in years to come when it may deemed unacceptable by self appointed moral guardians to boo a ref because of a bad decision you will be the one to be outraged by the errosion of freedom of expression

Cowboy
17/11/2004, 2:58 AM
in all honesty i dont see the major problem if we were to boo prso. maybe slightly harsh as its because he plays for rangers but after all these are the same glasgow rangers whose chairman was caught singing anti-irish songs, the same glasgow rangers who threw potatoes at the celtic players in reference to the irish potatoe famine. if he wants to play for them then fair enough but celtic do have a large following in this country and booing as not actually that bad, jst a bit of craic really....just a point

Its a fair point. I personally would not boo him because for me it would sink to the level of those you mentioned. As you say its part of the craic and I wonder if the players take it as seriously as contributors here do.

Cowboy
17/11/2004, 3:00 AM
its bullshít rooted in sectarianism and anyone who boos a player becuase he plays for rangers (or any other club) at an international is an idiot.

another generalistion, tell me have you spoken to everyone who booed and asked why they did?

skbio_toronto
17/11/2004, 3:10 AM
Lansdowne Road play host to international soccer matches where Ireland play against other nation's football teams to qualify for international tournaments. (With the odd friendly thrown in for match practice and to help decorate Milo Corcorans tupperware collection)

Celtic and Rangers play club football in Scotland, while also playing in European club competions from time to time. Absolutley no connection to the Irish football team whatever. Many Irish people travel to Glasgow to watch Celtic play football. This does not incur a relationship between Celtic F.C. and the Irish football team.

Quite simple when you think about it really. Booing the likes of a Dado Prso because he plays for a Scottish club side is thoroughly illogical. And don't get started on religious / nationalistic arguments. Because I can (touch wood) categorically confirm that Dado Prso has done no Cromwellian-esque harm to this country...not yet anyhow!!!

Yawn...Can't believe I made such a weighty contribution to this lame duck of a thread.

dr_peepee
17/11/2004, 7:21 AM
Booing is the opposite of cheering. And while I very rarely partake in it, as a football fan I reserve the right to boo anyone i want.

And if the 'Charlie Churches' want to take the higher moral stance and place booing on a par with sectarian or racial discrimination, let them.

My experience of the Rangers things is that it has been pantomime booing.

Éanna
17/11/2004, 8:35 AM
another generalistion, tell me have you spoken to everyone who booed and asked why they did?
if they're booing him for playing for rangers its because they "hate" rangers. which is the product of the vile sectarianism that infests this island.

Dotsy
17/11/2004, 8:37 AM
Dotsy - I'm certain Muscat played against Ireland. As far as I remember he started.

I honestly can't remember whether he played or not but I suspect that if he had he would have been booed. There were requests made by Kerr among others not to boo Averladze before the Georgia game and these idiots didn't pay any attention to him then so why assume they would have done so if Muscat had played. I am sure the OKtoboo crowd would have been booing him.

The line up I quoted is taken by the IT article on the game the next day. There is no mention of Muscat anywhere in the report on the game. I can post it if you wish. I think it's a safe assumption the IT has is right.

Ozymandias
17/11/2004, 8:43 AM
As far as I am aware we were not fined but warned and issued with a yellow card ..we are obliged to implementa 10 p[oint anti racism plan and that was the basis for the complaint..they claimed the booing was racist...if it happens anymore UEFA are to investigate it and take action....The guy that complained to UEFA is the son of a former international and heads up the sport against racism org.

I think all eircom league clubs are expected to do this as well..some already have Bohs Drogs etc..we will see the banners in the grounds next year like what are seen in the premiership...

I don't think the booing is a major issue anymore because the majority of the fans don't do it and it is getting less and less

pedro
17/11/2004, 8:45 AM
if this is true can any1 tell me how the turkish F.A can cope. they must b paying millions in fines for every game. take any irish "bad behaviour" multiply by a thousand and thats nowhere near what the turks get away with, or do they get away with it?

Cowboy
17/11/2004, 9:30 AM
My experience of the Rangers things is that it has been pantomime booing.

I agree, this was especially true when some guys booed the wrong player thinking he was Lovenkrans and then cheered same player when they copped on.

Cowboy
17/11/2004, 9:34 AM
if they're booing him for playing for rangers its because they "hate" rangers. which is the product of the vile sectarianism that infests this island.

Thats a bit extreme. I see at the top of your own post it says "Location: HATING $H€LBOURNE FC GLOBALLY" is this also part of this "vile sectarianism" ?

Donal81
17/11/2004, 9:43 AM
I think you should re read your own contribution before posting. I did read your post otherwise I would have not posted a reply. Your use of hyphens to accentaute the word pathetic seems to assume that readers do not understand the meaning of the word. What I do have an issue with though is telling others when it is ok to boo and when not ( I think you missed my point on this one)

Perhaps in years to come when it may deemed unacceptable by self appointed moral guardians to boo a ref because of a bad decision you will be the one to be outraged by the errosion of freedom of expression

When we see rougher elements of the Windsor Park crowd booing the likes of John Hartson because he plays for Celtic, we think "scumbags," as does the rest of the civilised world. When the same thing happens to a Rangers player in Lansdowne, that's what we resemble - scumbag bigots. If that doesn't bother you as you can convince yourself that it's just a part of football culture and therefore beyond criticism, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I didn't miss your point - I just completely disagree with it and I think you're being pedantic in asking other posters do they know the reasons behind people booing Rangers players in Lansdowne. You know well that unless they have a personal problem with the Rangers player, which is unlikely, they're only booing them because they play for Rangers.

And don't give me this "I don't seek to impose my view on anyone else" crap, you've been doing it as much as anyone else. Making reference to "self-appointed moral guardians" and saying "Keep your PC nonsense to yourself," were two of your beauties.

b_mcsweeney
17/11/2004, 9:55 AM
i'm just embarassed when people start booing some bloke that plays/used play for rangers, cos i'm not scottish. if i was scottish, it might be more acceptable to care that much.

trevor molloy got boo-ed last night though, when he came out at half time (as well as some of the other LoI players). how exactly did he win player of the month at any stage during the season? must admit, i booed trev a bit myself, i have an intense dislike of him as a player.

Cowboy
17/11/2004, 10:11 AM
I didn't miss your point - I just completely disagree with it and I think you're being pedantic in asking other posters do they know the reasons behind people booing Rangers players in Lansdowne. You know well that unless they have a personal problem with the Rangers player, which is unlikely, they're only booing them because they play for Rangers.

And don't give me this "I don't seek to impose my view on anyone else" crap, you've been doing it as much as anyone else. Making reference to "self-appointed moral guardians" and saying "Keep your PC nonsense to yourself," were two of your beauties.

They may well be booing them because those around are doing it, this is what happened when lovenkrans was incorrectly announced so it was not sectarian in nature it was just silly but hell let them boo who they want even if it is the wrong player its their problem.

Expressing a view and seeking to impose behaviour are two different things, what you attempt to do is take away others rights to express and opinion ( ie booing) however misguided the expression may be.

I would also strongly object to racist booing or chanting but I really do not think this was ever the case at landsowne

Donal81
17/11/2004, 10:25 AM
Now yer just being ironic ;)
Anyway,look fwd.to the day when Shels.are so powerful in the EL :eek:,They make up a no.of the national side...... :rolleyes: I'm sure their critics from the south coast & Northside will be generous fans & supporters,to a tee!
As for me,'Boo all the H*ns,that you know.........' ;)
To make up yer own mind,for one side of the arguement,see here? (http://www.ok2boo.com)
Btw,Being sectarian is to be openly against someone else's belief......Booing is'neutral'..... :rolleyes: by comparison to'The B*lly Boys' or 'No Surrender'....get a grip!
It's just not a serious issue.....the next time we play the T*ns in Dublin,will be;Puts all this sh*t in perspective!

Fair point, booing someone isn't as bad as "UVF, Trick or Treat," or the likes but I'll never forget going to Packie Bonner's testimonial, Ireland v Celtic. The Celtic fans started chanting, "The I, the I, the IRA." This wasn't too long after Canary Wharf, Manchester or Warrington. I suppose they thought we'd all join in. Sure aren't we all Irish and don't we all hate the Prods, that kind of thing. Basically, while I appreciate the connection between Ireland and Celtic, I think the whole Rangers v Celtic thing is a miserable, unhealthy rivalry. Another poster here mentioned the behaviour of Rangers fans and how anti-Catholic the club used to be/still is. That's fine and I'm not making any case for Rangers scumbags but why do we have to sink to their level? Why boo their players and give them a reason to boo ours? Can anyone appreciate how pointless it is and how depressing it is for many of us to here a player booed in Lansdowne Road for no other reason than the fact that he plays for what was a Protestant club?

Donal81
17/11/2004, 10:44 AM
Expressing a view and seeking to impose behaviour are two different things, what you attempt to do is take away others rights to express and opinion ( ie booing) however misguided the expression may be.

So when you tell me to keep my "PC nonsense" to myself, you are not seeking to impose behaviour but merely expressing a view? Come off it, mate.

I'm a journalist so freedom of expression is something that I not only value but believe to be essential to my profession so do not tell me that's what I'm attempting to do. People have rights to many things but they clash. You and I have a right to say exactly what we want and express ourselves in whatever manner we choose. This doesn't excuse booing players because simply because they play for Rangers, however. There's a difference between having a right and exploiting a right. If you're black, do I have the right to see you walking down the street and call you a n*gger?

I certainly have the right to say what I like but you've got rights as well and I'm exploiting my right. Racism is obviously different from booing at a football match but it's the same principle of exploiting a right.

Cowboy
17/11/2004, 10:54 AM
I'm a journalist so freedom of expression is something that I not only value but believe to be essential to my profession so do not tell me that's what I'm attempting to do.

But once you establish the principle that some type of booing is ok and some not where does it end, this is football we are talking about here and far worse behaviour than booing goes on, EG questioning the refs parentage etc would you object to that too?

Donal81
17/11/2004, 11:35 AM
But once you establish the principle that some type of booing is ok and some not where does it end, this is football we are talking about here and far worse behaviour than booing goes on, EG questioning the refs parentage etc would you object to that too?

Where does it end? It ends when you're booing for reasons other than football reasons. Booing a guy because he plays for a club that has a rivalry with another club that is associated with Ireland in general. Again, I think you're being pedantic here in that you're condoning such behaviour on the basis that it's a human right - although you don't partake in it - but ignoring overwhelming evidence, e.g. mindless booing of players such as Lovenkrans - he was booed when he eventually came on - who have absolutely nothing to do with Cromwell, occupation, Irish emigration and thus feeding into and supporting what is a miserable, grotty dispute between two sets of bigots in Glasgow who are hundreds of miles and years removed from Northern Ireland.

Far worse behaviour than booing goes on but is that a defence of booing a Rangers player? You'll have to do better than that, mate. I played football for years and have gone to football matches for years - I'm not just pontificating but I hate seeing things that bring down the tone of a game of ball. Am I out of order/a "self-appointed moral guardian"/PC peddler just for saying that some level of common deceny should apply to it? If a player dives like Pires, boo away and I'll do it with you. If a player is cheating, fine. If a ref makes a terrible decision, booing is completely within order. Booing some random punter from Dennmark or Croatia or Macedonia or Scotland because he has the nerve to play for a successful club is out of order.

Did elements of the Windsor Park support have the right to chant "UVF Trick or Treat," boo Alan Kernaghan or make monkey noises whenever Terry Phelan or Paul McGrath touched the ball? The trick or treat and monkey noises are far worse than what we're talking about but the booing of Kernaghan? That's the exact same thing. Did they have the right?

Cowboy
17/11/2004, 11:45 AM
Far worse behaviour than booing goes on but is that a defence of booing a Rangers player? You'll have to do better than that, mate.

No and I did not say it was a defence, now your putting words in my mouth. At this point I think its best to agree to disagree.

Donal81
17/11/2004, 12:30 PM
No and I did not say it was a defence, now your putting words in my mouth. At this point I think its best to agree to disagree.

Why did you use it as part of your argument then, as if the fact that worse things happen excuses this kind of booing? Actually, I agree, let's leave it.

fergalr
17/11/2004, 12:36 PM
To all readers I apologise for starting this thread - I had no intention of reopening the booing debate.

All I wanted to know if what Dessie said on the RTE news was true - were we fined or not? If we were not fined is nobody else a bit concerned that this falsehood gets read out over our national airwaves?

Cowboy
17/11/2004, 12:43 PM
Why did you use it as part of your argument then, as if the fact that worse things happen excuses this kind of booing? Actually, I agree, let's leave it.

I repeat I did not say anything of the sort, you are mis representing what i said.
This is my last word on this subject

Donal81
17/11/2004, 1:17 PM
Cowboy, you ignored several questions central to my point that I asked you and picked on parts that were irrelevant. That is my last word.

eirebhoy
17/11/2004, 2:00 PM
A lot of ex and current ManU players get booed by the England crowd at underage and senior matches.

Éanna
17/11/2004, 2:10 PM
Yer big into the Palestine thing.....is that & Israel,not 'sectarian' :confused: ..... :rolleyes: or they both just misunderstood?!
I dislike Israel as a state because of its actions, not for religious reasons. I don't dislike individual Israeli's either, I dislike the actions of the state.

Éanna
17/11/2004, 2:11 PM
Thats a bit extreme. I see at the top of your own post it says "Location: HATING $H€LBOURNE FC GLOBALLY" is this also part of this "vile sectarianism" ?
sectarianism relates to religion. I don't hate shels because of religious grounds :rolleyes: