PDA

View Full Version : TV3 Goal of the Season

harry crumb
16/11/2004, 12:16 PM
Apparently Jason Byrne's goal was disallowed for offside but TV3 still put it in the list for "Goal of the Season" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For the record I think Caffrey's is the clear winner.

Gary
16/11/2004, 12:34 PM
Whats the full list?

Has John O Flynn lost the title he has held for the past 2 seasons??

Maz
16/11/2004, 12:38 PM
JOF is up for one,

bad selection imo wat happened to prunts goal vs shels?

Roo69
16/11/2004, 12:44 PM
For the record I think Caffrey's is the clear winner.

Agreed, pure quality

Macy
16/11/2004, 1:00 PM
I think everyone should vote for Jason Byrne's "Goal" just to show them up, if it is true that it was that disallowed one (didn't see the programme last night).

Schumi
16/11/2004, 1:08 PM
Caffrey's is easily the best. What's the betting that Rico goes for Molloy's goal where he ran from behind the Bohs keeper and took the ball off him?

patsh
16/11/2004, 1:14 PM
I didn't see the program on TV3 last night, can someone post the full list on here?

Éanna
16/11/2004, 1:15 PM
the goals are being shown on sports tonight every night for the rest of the week, IMO Wes Hoolahan's goal was the best, but of course Flynny will be getting my vote :)

A face
16/11/2004, 1:40 PM
I thought they could have picked better goal TBH .... There were far better ones scored i thought, one of two of them shouldn't be in there if they are meant to tbe the best selection of goals throughout the season.

NY Hoop
16/11/2004, 1:42 PM
Thought new pats player caffreys was the best but of course Trev's goal against the filth gets my vote!!

KOH

ollie
16/11/2004, 1:42 PM
caffrey's goal by a country mile.
molloy's goal is genious though. :p

A face
16/11/2004, 1:48 PM
molloy's goal is genious though. :p

To be fair that probably gets my vote .... the keeper on his knees, face in hands after it. The game that was in it too !! Real Roy of the Rovers stuff !!

Passive
16/11/2004, 2:05 PM
Molloy's goal would easily win 'funniest goal of all time'. The fact that every Rovers supporter could see what was about to happen for a good 15 seconds before Kelly rolled the ball out just made it better! Maybe if the gypos weren't holding their traditional 90 minutes silence they might have tipped him off.

Caffrey's goal was a gem. I'd vote for him, but only cause he just left the filth ;)

Byrne's goal was indeed disallowed for offside, bizarre decision by EL Weekly. Another problem was that TV3 didn't cover games for three or four weeks in the middle of the season and so they missed a load of goals. Steven Gough's 35 yard free kick against Shels comes to mind!

trevy
16/11/2004, 2:20 PM
What about Daryl Murphys goal v Dublin City when he got the ball with his back to goal,turned and hit it into the top corner with his left foot from about 30 yards..That was fantastic.Some great goals in contention.Is that true that Jason Byrne's goal was disallowed? :rolleyes: We should let tv3 know if it is.

NY Hoop
16/11/2004, 3:17 PM
To be fair that probably gets my vote .... the keeper on his knees, face in hands after it. The game that was in it too !! Real Roy of the Rovers stuff !!

Christ you should have seen the celebration :D :D :D But then we're not allowed behind the goal cos of "safety" issues :rolleyes:

KOH

A face
16/11/2004, 3:39 PM
we're not allowed behind the goal cos of "safety" issues

Have you been behind there ... its falling to bits !! :eek:

Slash/ED
16/11/2004, 3:50 PM
Steven Gough's 35 yard free kick against Shels comes to mind!

Best goal I've seen this season by far. Roberto Caros like.

I didn't think Caffreys was that good, it's the kind of effort that every once and a while will come off. The Waterford goals, on the same night iirc, was better. Think Bruton got one, curled it into the top corner from a tight angle, superb effort, and Murphy had an even better one in the same game. Both gems, are either on the list?

jfogarty
16/11/2004, 5:41 PM
best goal ive seen was caffreys , just hope he scores more like that one next season

kevincronin2000
17/11/2004, 10:38 AM
what was the e-mail address to post your answer i know it was www.tv3.ie/........????????

jimhacker
17/11/2004, 11:37 AM
The goal of the season will be seen on Friday night when someone unlikely (O'Halloran maybe) scrambles home City's 90th minute winner a minute after Shels have just conceded a Robbie Doyle header.........

Maynard
17/11/2004, 5:19 PM
AFAIK the J Byrne goal was disallowed for offside. IMO the Murphy goal against us was a beauty. Waaaaaterford scored two crackers against us that day. We got 3 crackers against them at Tolka next time out though :D
Personally I think the "Goal of the Season" is a bit of a misnomer anyway - "Best Goal From The Games We Bothered To Send a Cameraman To..." might be a more fitting title.

Pablo Escobar
18/11/2004, 10:17 AM
4 City goals (better than O'Flynn's spring straight to mind) spring to mind.
1-Murphy's free-kick against Waterford at the cross
2-Fenn's goal against Pat's in Inchicore
3-Fenn's goal against Bohs in Dalymount
4-CT O'Brien just last Friday in Drogheda

I don't think TV3 did a lot of research!

patsh
18/11/2004, 10:29 AM
4 City goals (better than O'Flynn's spring straight to mind) spring to mind.
1-Murphy's free-kick against Waterford at the cross
2-Fenn's goal against Pat's in Inchicore
3-Fenn's goal against Bohs in Dalymount
4-CT O'Brien just last Friday in Drogheda

I don't think TV3 did a lot of research!Nwanko's goal against SPA in Inchichore should get, if only for the celebration alone !

joeSoap
18/11/2004, 10:48 AM
Winner: Paul Caffrey
Runner-Up: Declan O'Brien
3rd Place: Wes Hoolahan.

So There !!!

NY Hoop
18/11/2004, 10:55 AM
Winner: Paul Caffrey
Runner-Up: Declan O'Brien
3rd Place: Wes Hoolahan.

So There !!!

And I thought you hated Rovers! Poor Paul didnt even score this season.

Would agree about Stephen Caffrey though. Great goal against his future club......

KOH

kevincronin2000
18/11/2004, 11:18 AM
:)
what was the e-mail address to post your answer i know it was www.tv3.ie/........????????

:) ??????????????????????????????????????????

ConfusedBlue
18/11/2004, 1:51 PM
sports@tv3.ie

pete
18/11/2004, 2:48 PM
Tv3 really are a pack of muppets, they just included 1 FAI Cup goal & then tried to cover themselves by saying they the best goals "covered on el weekly"...

:rolleyes:

Remember Rico likes to go for team goals & such, don't think he'd pick a 35 yard blasted volley...

Slash/ED
18/11/2004, 5:34 PM
Yeah, and knowing that I'm amazed Rovers goal from the other week isn't in there. Can't remember who got it in the end, O'Brien I think, but it was an absolutley superb passing movement, class, I thought when I saw it that would be Ricos pick for the goal of the season and it didn't even get into the shortlist.

I watched Sports Tonight last night and I'm fairly sure that, unless I missed it, Jason Byrnes goal has been removed from the list.

BobtheDrog
19/11/2004, 4:35 PM
what about fabio's 35 yard shot that just snook in clipping the underside of the bar on the way

pete
22/11/2004, 2:29 PM
I watched Sports Tonight last night and I'm fairly sure that, unless I missed it, Jason Byrnes goal has been removed from the list.

Yup i noticed they removed it some time last week.

fbtn
22/11/2004, 3:12 PM
Kevin McHugh's second goal against Dundalk on Saturday night was a screamer. It will show it tonight but obviously too late for goal of the season.