PDA

View Full Version : Best of 2004

Roo69
16/11/2004, 12:09 PM
I know there's one game left but i think we can start this now (got the idea from the Galwaygirl on the Galway section who got it from the Longford forum)
:D :D :D

Player:
Goal:
Match:
All round Performance:
Starting 11:
Away fans:

Feel free to add more catagories

REVIP
16/11/2004, 12:27 PM
Player: Zayed - never stopped running
Goal: Ciaran Ryan's first against Sligo in the spring was well taken
Match: the last match against Athlone was great fun
All round Performance: Grogan - for the nice touches
Starting 11: Not sure
Away fans: Kildare had the most - Harps were the noisiest

Roo69
16/11/2004, 12:42 PM
Player: Very Tough decision, for me its between Tarzan, Weso, Chris and Giffy but i think i'll give my vote to Weso

Goal: Tarzans equaliser Vs. UCD in the 2-2 draw

Match: UCD 2-2 Draw

All Round Performance: Giffy has been quality this season, has made the right back slot his own and put the best indivudal preformance of the season in as well Vs. Kildare at station road when we won 2-0.

Starting 11: GK - Chris, RB - Giffy, CB - Wes and Jody, LB - ?, RM - Zayed, CM - Foxy and Robbie Mc, LM - ?, FOR - Grogan and Tarzan

Away fans: Harps by a mile ! colour, noise and numbers. Always welcome in Bray

KR's Post
16/11/2004, 4:03 PM
Player: Tarzan or 'Butu'(wes)

Goal: For emotion and passion with importance. Tarzan v UCD. For quality and precision. Colly 'Rooney' James away against galway.

Match: Finn Harps 0-1 Bray!!! What a result!!!!

All round performance: Giffy was fab against kildare, but Eamos 4 goals against Athlone was some achievement.

Start 11: Skip,Giffy,Jody,Wes,Mo/O'reilly,Mcguiness,fox,james,ryan,zayed,tarzan. No room for kevin grogan. Didn't play enough.... Class act though

Away fans: Finn harps. Very colourful with some amount of flags and so noisy. Always so pleasent to talk to whether they win,lose or draw. Limerick fans a close second. Not for noise,colour or pleasentness , but just for turning up as supporters of thier local club when they are rooted to the bottom of the table with nothing to play for!!!! Fair play...... :)

galwaygirl
16/11/2004, 4:27 PM
I know there's one game left but i think we can start this now (got the idea from the Galwaygirl on the Galway section who got it from the Longford forum)

Cheers for the mention Roo :D ;) :D

Roo69
16/11/2004, 4:33 PM
Cheers for the mention Roo :D ;) :D

My Pleasure - Thanks for the "cheers" :D

shankilwanderer
17/11/2004, 8:32 AM
Player: Eammon Zayed, where would we be with out his goals??

Goal: Graham O'Hanlon away to Cobh Ramblers.

Match: 2-2 Home against UCD.

All round performance: Stephen Gifford, What a season.

Starting 11:
Chris O'Connor, Wesley Charles, Maurice Farrell, Stephen Gifford, Graham O'Hanlon, John Flood, Colin James, Robbie McGuinness, Eammon Zayed, Kevin Grogan, Tarzan

Away fans: Finn Harps, great noise and colour.

KR's Post
17/11/2004, 12:44 PM
Player: Chris O'Connor, Wesley Charles, Maurice Farrell, Stephen Gifford, John Flood, Colin James, Robbie McGuinness, Eammon Zayed, Kevin Grogan, Tarzan

Best starting 10 you mean!!!! :D :D :D :D

Roo69
22/11/2004, 8:35 AM
As we were saying on friday Tarzan1 we might have to change goal of the season after Tressons unreal chip from 30/40 yards ! Quality !

Also need to add a miss of the season category and a funny monent of the season - Both going to Zayed to done a Ronny Rosenthal for miss of the season, and when he was clean through and stood on the ball and snotted himself for funny moment, Excellent stuff ! :D

KR's Post
22/11/2004, 11:53 AM
Tresson defo goal of the season nw.... The control, the calmness, the precision. Best goal i've seen in a long time :p

shankilwanderer
22/11/2004, 12:09 PM
Tresson defo goal of the season nw.... The control, the calmness, the precision. Best goal i've seen in a long time :p

Could not have said it better. What a goal.

dublinwanderer
25/11/2004, 1:40 PM
Player : Eamon Zayed

Goal : Tresson's second against Monaghan Last game of season what a goal.

Match : Missed the draw against ucd so i'd have to say the Dundalk away game 6.0 one. what a good all round performance.

Starting 11 : Skippy, Gifford, Lynch, Charles, Tresson, James, Fox, McGuinness, Grogan, Zayed, Tarzan.

All Round Performance : Has to be Jody Lynch consistant throughout the season. Sorry longer your well off the mark for this one!!!!!!!

Away Fans : Has to be Finn Harps. Huge numbers, alot of colour and noise, great atmosphere.