PDA

View Full Version : best town game you have ever seen

max power
16/11/2004, 10:43 AM
for me it has to be the play off away leg against harps....

it has it all, the best goal i have seen a town player score, with lavine's dipping 30 yd half volley, extra time with a late late peno from maccer, ratnolds actin like a fool and leavin us down to 10 and finally the peno shootout celebrations.....

without that display the last two seasons would still be a think of dreams and it was also the last time we seen stewie in a town jersey :(

Longfordian
16/11/2004, 11:36 AM
In terms of drama it's hard to beat Ballybofey alright but there was something special about the first Cup Final win. Hard to look past the Shels game recently too, heard a couple of people say that was the best Town game they ever saw, best game in 20 years according to one person.

town73
16/11/2004, 12:00 PM
Nothing beats that game in Ballybofey. While the Cup Final wins were great and the Shels game was pleasing, the game against Finn Harps was far and above any Town game that I have ever been at.

With so much at stake we looked to be cruising when Lavine scored that peach. Then Reynolds' renowned petulance took hold and we were in trouble. McHugh put Harps in control before player/manager Speak upended a Town player (Fergal Coleman, I think) for a penalty (converted by Maccer) that sent the game into extra time.

The penalty shoot-out was unbearable. I know I couldn't look at at least two.

For a game that had such euphoric highs and depressing lows inside 120 minutes, there are few that will compare.

Nipper
16/11/2004, 12:13 PM
The best performance was the first Cup Final win.
The game i most enjoyed was Cobh 2000.
I can't decide.

Maz
16/11/2004, 12:36 PM
Ballybofey..............the memories and the heartbreak (last game stuie played for us)
also cup final goes without sayin really!

missfootie
16/11/2004, 2:35 PM
Hard to choose between Shels 6.11.04 (if they dont win the the title then I would have to go with that) or Balleybofey prom/releg playoff.

Enda M
16/11/2004, 8:03 PM
harps game :D :ball:

Dillo
16/11/2004, 8:12 PM
That night in Ballybofey was nervewracking. I'll never forget it! And what a goal by Longford's baby making machine?! :D