PDA

View Full Version : Official Cork City Supporters Club

James
16/11/2004, 10:33 AM
from official website

The official launch of the all new Cork City Official Supporters Club will take place at the Cork City FC end of season celebration party that takes place at the Rochestown Park Hotel on Wednesday 20th November. Membership forms will be available on the night and all City fans are invited to sign up and become part of what will hopefully become Ireland's biggest supporters groups.

All those who join the supporters club before the beginning of January will be able to avail of a special introductory offer.....
- This once off deal entitles all new members to a cut price membership fee of only €15.
- It also means that your name will be entered into a raffle for a prize of a free season ticket.

A general meeting of the Cork City Official Supporters Club will take place in early December at a date and venue to be announced but hopefully it will be possible to stage it at a venue where all age groups are welcome i.e. not in a pub. Details of this meeting will be revealed on this website and in the local media as soon as they are known. It's your supporters club so what it achieves is entirely up to you. Remember it's our club, we are the Rebel Army and we are all in this together. Let's do our bit for the future of Cork City FC.

Colm O'Sullivan
PRO Cork City Official Supporters Club

thecorner
16/11/2004, 10:35 AM
Colm O'Sullivan
PRO Cork City Official Supporters Club

:D :D :D :D

Citygirl
16/11/2004, 10:36 AM
should it not be wednesday the 24th? seeing as saturday is the 20th..if its the 24th damn them anyway!

Colm
16/11/2004, 10:43 AM
should it not be wednesday the 24th? seeing as saturday is the 20th..if its the 24th damn them anyway!

Yes it should. Damn I'm so stupid

Citygirl
16/11/2004, 10:48 AM
Yes it should. Damn I'm so stupid

no i mean damn cos i cant go..its my birthday!lol..im like a little kid at christmas with this birthday!

exile
16/11/2004, 12:31 PM
how do any exiles join? if there interested

tiktok
16/11/2004, 12:34 PM
how do any exiles join? if there interested

Good Question.
any chance of bringing a few registration forms along Friday night Colm?

patsh
16/11/2004, 12:56 PM
AAAAArghhhh!

Why can't it be Thursday night?
Thats the first thing on the agenda...NO meetings on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesdays.......:mad:

:)

exile
16/11/2004, 1:17 PM
and what exactly are we getting for the 15 yo yos il join anyway just wondering though, id like a signed photo of dolan to put over the mantle piece please :D

dortie
16/11/2004, 3:24 PM
Lads Just a quick point here......If you mean 'Official' as in your associated with Cork City FC be very careful. The club will dictate everything you do. Your better trying to 'fund' an Independant SC, then you do what you please in all respects.

colblimp
16/11/2004, 7:14 PM
Ok, so when the f*** was all this decided?

Official? Fifteen euros? Rochestown Park Hotel? And what exactly ARE we getting for our fifteen euros please?

I thought the whole idea of this was to be officially sanctioned by the club, not for the club to run the damn thing.

And who exactly voted Mr O'Sullivan into such a high position?

If this is the shape of things to come then I, and a lot of other fans I would imagine, will not want to get involved.

Discuss. :mad:

Citygirl
16/11/2004, 7:54 PM

Official? Fifteen euros? Rochestown Park Hotel? And what exactly ARE we getting for our fifteen euros please?

I thought the whole idea of this was to be officially sanctioned by the club, not for the club to run the damn thing.

If this is the shape of things to come then I, and a lot of other fans I would imagine, will not want to get involved.

there were meetings on!

A face
16/11/2004, 8:49 PM

At the first meeting ... it was decided to have another meeting .. as you'd expect and then it was decided to have a third, it was then decide for people to take up roles until feb when the club is bigger and more people will be involved, basically .. a kind of elections i suppose.

This was decided the last night ... Rochestown Park Hotel was decided because there will loads of City fans there, so where better to ask people if they are interested. Theres no secret, the opposite infact.

They are not ... it is the fans !! :p

Mr. O'Sullivan was one of several people who put himself forward for the position, someone has to stand and be counted kinda thing. It was agreed by everyone that turned up ... it was open to anyone who turned up .... very hard to ask people who weren't there :p .... again ... just to get things moving until Feb

It was a bold and progressive move ... getting people into positions and gettting stuff done .... quite daring infact .... dynamic and decisive ... men before their time. I know i know .... it was like a whirlwind of action and reaction .... you could see the sparks flying .... and some claim they saw fireworks ...... its a story that will be passed down through generations .... quite legendary !!

Meanwhile there is LOTS of stuff to be done, if anyone is interested ..... it is all open to the public, if you are interested ... make yourself know and be ready to run a couple of lenghts with the baton :p ..... thats about the size of it lads ...... if you want to be involved ... you can be ..... if you dont .... then there is a very good chance that we'll drag you kicking and screaming until you do ... nah seriously, if you dont ... we probably wont notice !! :D

The choice is your people ... the choice is yours !!

Éanna
16/11/2004, 9:58 PM

good point. I'd love to know what you get for 15euros and where the money is going. hopefully one of the lads can clear this up, as I for one won't be putting money in unless I think its going to the right place.

nice one sham
16/11/2004, 10:29 PM

isnt there always one who has to take a bad view of things!
i fully intend to join this new supporters club cos its a way to meet other fans and join them in helping the club and stuff.
i wouldnt complain about the 15 euros, its actually very cheap. maybe the lads involved are working on some benefits for people or maybe there not but why do people always have to think of whats in it for them, is helping and supporting cork city not enough for some of ye!

Éanna
16/11/2004, 10:34 PM
people have a right to know where their money is going, and who is doing what. what if you joined the supporters club, and you told people you were and then some leading members of it were involved in something you didn't agree with- that would mean you being associated with them, would you want that? people have the right to ask these questions before getting involved. debate is healthy

nice one sham
16/11/2004, 10:39 PM
people have a right to know where their money is going, and who is doing what. what if you joined the supporters club, and you told people you were and then some leading members of it were involved in something you didn't agree with- that would mean you being associated with them, would you want that? people have the right to ask these questions before getting involved. debate is healthy

what are the leading members involved in that you dont agree with? they all seem decent enough to me if they are who i think they are.
are u one of the old men from the old supporters club eanna? cos i heard that they are a bit bitter about the progress and change the new lads want to introdce. as i said i intend to join anyway.

Éanna
16/11/2004, 10:44 PM
what are the leading members involved in that you dont agree with?
I never said that- I said "what if." I know most of them too, and I agree with you. I think Colm is a very good candidate for PRO, he's got a lot of motivation and energy and thats a huge positive in a position like that.

are u one of the old men from the old supporters club eanna? cos i heard that they are a bit bitter about the progress and change the new lads want to introdce. as i said i intend to join anyway.
I was in the old supporters club, but I'm not one of "the old men" (I'm only 22 like :D ) I'm happy that there's a new supporters club, it was crazy that there wasn't one. All I'm saying is exactly what I said when Iwas involved in the last supporters club- people have a right to know whats going on, who's involved and where the money goes. thats one of the reasons the last supporters club failed, is because people thought it was too secretive. Hoepfully the new one will be a different story. Any of the lads I know who are involved seem very determined, and good luck to them and anyone else who chooses to get involved.

A face
16/11/2004, 11:16 PM
Lads, the benefits that would be got from joining the supporters club, or the where abouts of your €15 is not set in stone yet ...... i know that you all agree ...... (if you dont then you'd want to step back and look at yourself long and hard :p) that it is early days yet and alot of that is being sorted out and will be revealed in time.

But what has been agreed is that all the money from membership will go directly back into the supporters, i.e. it wont fund anything else, it wont be used in any way that doesn't directly affect the members. The club obviously will keep all its members up to date on the funds and what we spend it on, (vote to decide yay or nay etc. the way it normally would) ..... and it wont be via postcard from Rio people .... be a small bit rational :p

The club will also be working on other benefits that members will be able to avail of, i.e. using the numbers that join the supporters club in getting discounts in various outlets ... i dont want to say anything more on that as nothing is set in stone.

All of that is probably stating the obvious i know .... it is only what people could expect to find happen .... there is no mystery to it .... not even a card trick !! .... not a rabbit in a hat to be seen anywhere :D

Does that clear things up ...... and people if it doesn't ... go to the next meeting even just to see for yourself

Éanna
16/11/2004, 11:20 PM
thats fair enough. but nobody was told any of that before you just posted it. so how were people to know.

A face
16/11/2004, 11:30 PM
thats fair enough. but nobody was told any of that before you just posted it. so how were people to know.

Yeah .. point taken ... but Éanna ... you know yourself, as soon as it gets set up, things start happening.

And someone mentioned the old boy again just now .... that to be honest is good in that, there were/are pitfalls ... to ignore that would be mad and not very practical .... that was agreed already. So from that, alot of decisions are being made with that in mind, not overly conscious of it but mindful at least.

There is a positive attitude in the meetings and understandably so, alot of people have alot of ideas and it all bodes well for the future of the club. Again ... the club will be as good and as strong as the members ... that will decide it in the end.

patsh
17/11/2004, 7:34 AM
I don't know, sounds very dodgy to me......
Colm is the public face of the new supporters club? :eek:
What kind of message is that sending out, what kind of image are we giving to people?....:(
Won't somebody think of the children?......

BTW, when is the spilt scheduled to happen?......
:D

observer
17/11/2004, 9:57 AM
An observation from an outsider who has been involved in a few organisations.
There are some people who get caught up in having meetings about meetings. They will drag matters out forever with points of order, what ifs, who should do this, who will be appointed etc. A year later and nothing has been done.
There are others who grasp the nettle and forge ahead regardless of the sniping remarks of the begrudgers. Well done Colm & Co. you have got the show on the road and the club can prosper once sufficient, like minded, positive people support it and come on board.
Remember most negative vibes will come from those who failed with the previous club.

jimhacker
17/11/2004, 10:04 AM
I don't know, sounds very dodgy to me......
Colm is the public face of the new supporters club? :eek:
What kind of message is that sending out, what kind of image are we giving to people?....:(
Won't somebody think of the children?......

BTW, when is the spilt scheduled to happen?......

Sounds like it's well underway already!!!

BeerBaron69
17/11/2004, 10:09 AM
I can remember the old club-it was a shambles. At every meeting it seemed like all they wanted to do was put pressure on you to sell lotto tickets-Stephen was the chairman if memory serves me right and he was a particular culprit for this.
Whats the story with the UCC club? Gavin seems to be organising a lot of meetings but When I last saw him he just said he'd e-mail me?

GavinZac
17/11/2004, 10:29 AM
Whats the story with the UCC club? Gavin seems to be organising a lot of meetings but When I last saw him he just said he'd e-mail me?

UCC -SOCIETY-. we have to be careful about that, we're trying to butter up the societies guild. Im trying to get in contact with Gary Cogan, who was involved with the societies guild, the people who decide who's official or not.

we want to have our meeting in a room in the student centre rather than the bar, but we need to be officially sanctioned first because we have NO budget.

if anyone wants to pay €15 to the CCSSU that'd be much appreciated :D

Colm
17/11/2004, 11:56 AM
Well as I wasn't able to access my account at all yesterday ( :rolleyes: ) it's only now that I'm getting a chance to read and respond to the points raised and questions posed.

I think A face has already said a lot of it anyway but I'll just do a quick follow up.

Firstly as regards the 15 euro, this is an introductory price that is available to all those who join before the beginning of January. These people will also be entered into a draw for a 2005 Season Ticket, the draw will then take place at the Rebel Army ball in early January. From the beginning of January onwards membership will cost 20 euro.
As for the benefits members will get for their money, we've not had time to put a package together yet but by the start of next season we hope to have quite an attractive package in place. I can't say anymore on that for the time being.
As A face said, all money made will go back into stuff that benefits the members, it's not going into anyone's pocket if that's what you are worried about. All members will be perfectly entitled to query where the money goes and it will be up to the members to vote for what they do and don't want it spent on.

As someone above was getting at, a few of us had to take the initiative and get this off the ground. It's all well and good debating the merits of it on the internet but it doesn't actually achieve anything. I encourage everyone here to join the supporters club because without enough members it won't achieve anything of note. Get involved and do your bit.

The official launch will take place at the party in the Rochestown park next Wednesday and at that you'll be introduced to the interim board and we'll have a table set up where ye can ask any of us whatever questions ye like. Membership forms will be available on the night and the first proper general meeting of the CCOSC will take place in early December.

This is a positive entity for Cork City and it's supporters so please don't knock it until you've tried it. If we all get together on this we can achieve a hell of a lot.

shezer
17/11/2004, 12:22 PM
All youths(u-18) are welcome to join this supporters club as well!So please do!

Colm
17/11/2004, 12:24 PM
All youths(u-18) are welcome to join this supporters club as well!So please do!

Yeah forgot to mention that.
There will be a price of just 5 euro for u-18's who join before the beginning of January.

patsh
17/11/2004, 12:57 PM
All jokes aside, lads, give this a try.

You can always leave if it doesn't work out for you, and something good might come of this.
The worst that can happen is that you paid €15 for an entry in a raffle.....;)

James
17/11/2004, 1:21 PM
and wasnt there an old slogan thats still stuck in me head from SC's of old

"if youre not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem"

REBEL ARMY

pete
17/11/2004, 2:30 PM
I can smell FAI-esque expense accountnscandals on the way. Hope the PRO doesn't have a hair dressing budget ;) :D

Pablo
17/11/2004, 5:18 PM
I'm forming an unofficial supporters club lads.

i'm calling it the 'Rebel Army Commandos'

All are welcome

we will have subsidised travels to all away games and top of the range merchandise.

PM me for more details

colblimp
17/11/2004, 7:22 PM
It was agreed by everyone that turned up ... it was open to anyone who turned up .... very hard to ask people who weren't there :p

I think you know why I wasn't there, the same reason why I didn't go to Drogs away. If that isn't a valid enough reason then, well...

Meanwhile there is LOTS of stuff to be done, if anyone is interested ..... it is all open to the public, if you are interested ... make yourself know and be ready to run a couple of lenghts with the baton :p ..... thats about the size of it lads ...... if you want to be involved ... you can be ..... if you dont .... then there is a very good chance that we'll drag you kicking and screaming until you do ... nah seriously, if you dont ... we probably wont notice !! :D

The choice is your people ... the choice is yours !!

You know I want to be involved. I'm enthused about the whole thing. It just surprised me to see that all this had been arranged. I'll see you Friday and you can have my fifteen euros then! :D

colblimp
17/11/2004, 7:26 PM
Oooops!! Guess who just cocked up the quote on the previous post?!! :eek:

The line that shouldn't have been in the quote is as follows: I think you know why I wasn't there, the same reason why I didn't go to Drogs away. If that isn't a valid reason then, well...

I hope that clears it up.

Pablo
18/11/2004, 2:49 PM
I'm forming an unofficial supporters club lads.

i'm calling it the 'Rebel Army Commandos'

All are welcome

we will have subsidised travels to all away games and top of the range merchandise.

PM me for more details

i've had an overwhealming response to this lads there could be something in it

Colm
18/11/2004, 4:32 PM
i've had an overwhealming response to this lads there could be something in it

Behave yourself! ;)

A face
18/11/2004, 5:04 PM
Oooops!! Guess who just cocked up the quote on the previous post?!! :eek:

The line that shouldn't have been in the quote is as follows: I think you know why I wasn't there, the same reason why I didn't go to Drogs away. If that isn't a valid reason then, well...

I hope that clears it up.

Col. .... i know the story ... no worries. I wasnt directing at you, i was just responding to the points. No worries .. see you Friday.

A face
18/11/2004, 5:06 PM
I think A face has already said a lot of it

I got all the dynamic bit right didn't i :eek: :p

colblimp
18/11/2004, 6:04 PM
Col. .... i know the story ... no worries. I wasnt directing at you, i was just responding to the points. No worries .. see you Friday.

Thanx matey. I knew you would understand. :D

Colm
18/11/2004, 6:08 PM
I got all the dynamic bit right didn't i :eek: :p

You certainly did, being the dynamic kinda fella that you are!! :D

Snatch
18/11/2004, 10:56 PM
Well done Colm & Co. Count me in. :ball:

I can't think why anyone would criticise a new united and ambitious supporters' club.