PDA

View Full Version : Squad for next season

Roo69
16/11/2004, 10:01 AM
Right, we all agree that we need to bring in new players to stand a real chance of staying in the premier next season. With the current suqad we have and giving some of the 21's players more of a chance, where do we need to bring players in ?

GoalKeepers
Chris O'Connor
Justin Pasfield - 21's Keeper

defo need more cover for the keepers, chris is the only one with experience.
Possible Signings - Matt Gregg (Bohs), Barry Ryan (D City)

Defenders
Wesley Charles
Stephen Gifford
Jody Lynch
Graham O'Hanlon
Paul O'Reilly
Mick Roche - 21's Defender
William Tyrell - 21's Defender
Ronan Ivory - 21's Defender

no left sided defenders at all, need coverb there, think we are ok at centre and right backs.
Possible Signings - Keith Doyle (Rovers), Thomas McGauley (D City), Philly Byrne (Kildare), Pat Finnucane (Limerick)

Midfielders
Robbie McGuinness
Colm James
Stephen Fox
Peter McGee - 21's Midfielder
Oisin Crean - 21's Midfielder

we have suffered badly this season without any real width in the team, no left winger in the club, cover also needed for the right side of midfield, when robbie was out this season nobody could fill in for him.
Possible Signings - Pip Keogh (Lford), Thomas Morgan (shels), Paul Forsyth, Don Tierney (D City),

Forwards
Eamon Zayed
Kevin Grogan
Keiran O'Brien
Bary McGrory
Maurice Dunne - 21's Forward
Pat Burke - 21's Forward

every club needs a top notch striker to stand any chance in the premier, this will be eamos 1st crack at it and will be interesting to see how he gets on. Hopefully grogan can stay a little more injury free this coming season and burke and dunne are 2 great prospects
Possible Signings - Daimen Dupay (Galway), Gary O'Neil (D City), Robbie Farrell (D City), Trevor Vaughan (Dundalk),

shankilwanderer
17/11/2004, 9:04 AM
Barry Ryan would be good to get, Dont think Matt Greg will come back.

Keith doyle would be good if we can get him as would Thomas McGauley, Should easly get Pat Finnucane of Limerick.

Great if we could get Pip and Morgan back but i dont think Longford and Shels would let them go, But Tierney should be easy as Dublin have to get rid of people now that they are down :D :D Paul Forsyth might come back from England??

Damien Dupay has left Galway so we could get him, if Devo trys. Gary O'Neill is probably going to Shels, we dont want Robbie Farrell he is not the best, and Vaughan is the same.

KR's Post
17/11/2004, 12:42 PM
But Tierney should be easy as Dublin have to get rid of people now that they are down.
Had a disagreement with devo a couple of seasons ago. could't see him returning unless they kiss and make up!!! :)

shankilwanderer
17/11/2004, 6:52 PM
Devo hopefully wont be there next season so there will be no reason why Dom Tierney wont come back.

Who would you want in the squad for next year?

KR's Post
18/11/2004, 12:15 PM
Pip, R. Doyle(expressed willingness to come back, ask roo he'll know),Lavine-may be finished up there... Mcgauly.... Farrell and vaughan are not good enough...... Ward up in dundalk is ok. Don't want cheating barry ryan. Your man mcCann from athlone in the centre or Gorman who plays up front for kilkenny... :)

tammy
18/11/2004, 1:28 PM
Yeah Philly Gorman is a good striker alright. As for a goal keeper, our best keeper for County, Danny O Leary is out of favour with Hannigan, hence the terrible end to our season. he is a quality keeper and would be well able to hold his own in the premier! Ye definitely need to invest though, otherwise ye will be back playing us in Division 1 next season!

If ye dont remember Danny, he saved a peno against ye in the Carlisle this season! Also, Philly Byrne is good but Ray Kenny is a far better player! :cool:

KR's Post
18/11/2004, 1:45 PM
If ye dont remember Danny, he saved a peno against ye in the Carlisle this season! Also, Philly Byrne is good but Ray Kenny is a far better player! :cool:
Yep i remember!!! Eddie gormley stole the ball off the 'leg' that is tarzan!!!!! And to make it worse it was brilliantly saved by the keeper!!! Kenny played for us for a couple of seasons, actually won a cup medal.... Although he is getting old and i believe he is a first division player for life.... Although bigger surprises have happened. Will you still travel to galway????? :) (Leg as in legend)

Roo69
22/11/2004, 11:56 AM
Heard loads of roumers over the weekend about comings and goings from the carlisle during the close season.

IN:
Pip Keogh - Longford
Keith Doyle - Rovers
Dan O'Connor - Drogs
Rory Hutton - Cambridge (played for us Vs. BBurn)
Graham Ward - Kiddiminster Harriers

+ others i cant remember

OUT/Retiring:
Farrell
Gormley
Ryaner
Tarzan
Long

All gossip at the moment but would love to sign any of the players mentioned !

KR's Post
22/11/2004, 11:59 AM
Might be wrong here but tarzan mentioned to me that he might give it one more shot!!!! Although he could have changed his mind.... Grogan! Ahh damn it anyway. No surprise with mo and eddie. Ryaner and longer!!! Who are they going to???? :confused:

Roo69
22/11/2004, 12:01 PM
Might be wrong here but tarzan mentioned to me that he might give it one more shot!!!! Although he could have changed his mind.... Grogan! Ahh damn it anyway. No surprise with mo and eddie. Ryaner and longer!!! Who are they going to???? :confused:

grogan ?

Not sure about Ryaner and Longer ? just heard they were leaving but as i said it was pub talk so it's probably not true at all

KR's Post
22/11/2004, 12:10 PM
Sorry i must have miss read the post.... still not awke!!! :p

dublinwanderer
25/11/2004, 2:06 PM
Squad For Next Season:

Gk: O'Connor, Pasfield. New: Barry Ryan

Def: Gifford, Lynch, Charles, Tresson, O'Hanlon. New: Keith Doyle -rovers, Alan Mcdermot -shels, Kevin Doherty -shels, Danny O'Connor -drogs, Plus more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mid: McGuiness, Fox, James, Flood. New: Morgan - shels, alan cawley -shels, rutherford - rovers, kirby - longford, pip - longford, tierney -dublin.

For: Zayed, Grogan, Tarzan-good enough for at least one more year... new: Robbie Doyle - pats (dont mind the millwall crap), keegan - longford, Dupay - galway, willy doyle - ucd.

Sorry again longer but no room for you. your just not good enough.. leinster senior league might just suit your quality.............

Schumi
25/11/2004, 2:11 PM
:D :D

Roo69
25/11/2004, 2:17 PM
Barry Ryan - Signed for Pats now
Keith Doyle - rovers - Possibilty
Alan Mcdermot -shels - Possibility, released by shels
Kevin Doherty -shels - Not a chance, class def, staying with shels
Danny O'Connor -drogs - Possibility
Thomas Morgan - shels - doubt it but would be a good signing, maybe rovers ?
Alan Cawley - shels - back to ucd ?
Mark Rutherford - rovers - getting on now, need youth in the team
Alan Kirby - longford - signed for st. Pats
Pip Keogh - possibility
Tierney -dublin - possibility, works in bray as well.
Robbie Doyle - pats - not a chance, still with pats and not going to millwall
PaulKeegan - longford - couldnt see it really, again to old
Damien Dupay - galway - possibility,
Willy Doyle - ucd - will stay with ucd.

dublinwanderer
25/11/2004, 2:47 PM
I heard Kevin Doherty not happy at Shels not playing. thinking of moving. especially now that they signed Hawkins more competition for centre back. would be great signing but if he leaves he'll prob end up in bohs..

KR's Post
25/11/2004, 3:12 PM
What's up with the signature there Dublinwanderer. Similar naame to S.W. Jee i wonder who you are.

Passive
25/11/2004, 4:10 PM
Interesting to see you mentioned Keith Doyle. He was our number one choice left full but we have a young lad called Paul Malone who looks the business. Still, Roddy did mention Doyle as one of the players he wanted to give a new contract too, so that sounds like he'll still be wanted at Rovers.
Then again, anything could happen at Rovers these days... :rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
25/11/2004, 8:49 PM
Cawley coming back to UCD?

Where did you hear that?

It is news to us! Although we are still owed €20,000 by them which may explain it. He can rot in the reserves however :p

exile
25/11/2004, 9:22 PM
lot of talk about ex players coming back for ye e.g pip, teirney but from what i can see just looking in devo has had a lot of arguments with people over the years you got to wonder is devo the root of your problem's or were all the other players wrong ?
by the way zayed is a class el player imo if ye were to go down next season id say he would move on. unless devo is his agent?

exile
25/11/2004, 9:27 PM
Devo hopefully wont be there next season so there will be no reason why Dom Tierney wont come back.

what makes ye think devo wont be there next year and is it true that he has never put a single cent into the club even though he is minted

lefty
26/11/2004, 9:56 AM
What a pity Maurice Farrell has retired he was great craic. Have to find someone else to call a wánker next season.

Locker
26/11/2004, 10:09 AM
what makes ye think devo wont be there next year and is it true that he has never put a single cent into the club even though he is minted
Back about 4 talk to yous then Pipkeogh will come bac as he has no chance of getting his game with Longford :ball:

BrayUnknowns
26/11/2004, 11:53 AM
What a pity Maurice Farrell has retired he was great craic. Have to find someone else to call a wánker next season.

Mo and Eddie will be staying on at Bray next season as coaches. Also, Keith Long has retired which will make some people happy, but in fairness he was one of Bray's better players over the run in, when Bray started to play bad, Longer started to play good :rolleyes:

KR's Post
26/11/2004, 11:57 AM
Also, Keith Long has retired which will make some people happy, but in fairness he was one of Bray's better players over the run in, when Bray started to play bad, Longer started to play good :rolleyes:
True as ever!!!! ;)

dublinwanderer
26/11/2004, 6:23 PM
happy to hear that keith long is retiring on sort of a good note :D that is if he is retiring?is it definite?is it time to celebrate?!?!? (Sorry longer :( )

Stevo Da Gull
29/11/2004, 9:44 PM
The signings i'd like to see would be- Pip Keogh, Paul Forsyth and Davy Williamson - where the fcuk did Davy ever end up, he looked a bril player when he played for us and then poof, he was gone and the last I heard was that he signed for Kettering and I also heard rumours about him playing up North.

Keego would be handy next season :o i'd forgive him if he came back ;)