PDA

View Full Version : Worst advert on TV

carrickharp
16/11/2004, 7:44 AM
Watching TV last night and was thinking how bad is that new Barry’s Tea advert (the soccer captain one), what makes you turn the volume down/TV off?

the 12 th man
16/11/2004, 8:37 AM
free free,free,
jaysus that does my head in,i think its for free phone calls in the north or irl or similar.

cullenswood
16/11/2004, 8:52 AM
Watching TV last night and was thinking how bad is that new Barry’s Tea advert (the soccer captain one), what makes you turn the volume down/TV off?

Agreed, absolute worst ad ever. Who comes up with these ads?? It should have something to do with him scoring with the daughter that answers the door. Would be much more interesting then....("I've been s***ing your daughter for 7 years now, but I've gone off her and want someone new")!

Dublin12
16/11/2004, 8:53 AM
The 2 mentioned do my head in alright but the one that really does it for me is the earwax remover one :rolleyes: :eek: ,absolutley fcukin disgusting stomach turning rubbish

max power
16/11/2004, 8:57 AM
an all those ads on the paramount comedy and the like for re mortgages........every ad is for them :mad:

the 12 th man
16/11/2004, 8:58 AM
artic spas:look out for the bear .............. argggggggggggggh

Dublin12
16/11/2004, 9:01 AM
Whatever happened to Sally O'Brien and the way she might look at ye! :D

tetsujin1979
16/11/2004, 9:32 AM
an all those ads on the paramount comedy and the like for re mortgages........every ad is for them :mad:

Same on every MTV channel, only its for ringtones, often the same ad twice in a row, head wrecking!

fosterdollar
16/11/2004, 9:34 AM
the VHI ad at the end with some young wan saying "washever stage ish is" in the poxiest dorsh accent i've ever heard

Gary
16/11/2004, 9:37 AM
Those ads for Senekot really make me wonder.

They are talking about constipation, and they say - "dont let constipation ruin the biggest day of your life".

Whats the alternative, take senekot and have the trots???

Also, these bounty paperwipes do my head in.

GavinZac
16/11/2004, 9:39 AM
i think its like, ireland on sunday or something, for absolutely no reason whatsoever at the end of the ad some woman starts to put on lipstick.

:confused:

SÓC
16/11/2004, 9:42 AM
Im just waiting for Harvey Norman to start doing real quality TV ads.

That'll be the day

GO HARVEY GO

GavinZac
16/11/2004, 9:43 AM
Im just waiting for Harvey Norman to start doing real quality TV ads.

That'll be the day

GO HARVEY GO

i was going to say "obligatory mention of harvey norman in annoying ads thread, fulfilled" in my post :D

fosterdollar
16/11/2004, 9:44 AM
probably needless to say but those jaysus ads for ringtones and pictures and horoscopes and any other ould sh!te really get on me wick. They're just short of showing the same ad repeatedly for three mins as well

anto eile
16/11/2004, 2:29 PM
its a gaa player that comes into the house..unless theres two versions?

Roo69
16/11/2004, 3:04 PM
The 2 mentioned do my head in alright but the one that really does it for me is the earwax remover one :rolleyes: :eek: ,absolutley fcukin disgusting stomach turning rubbish

or that one whe the little germ b@stard rips your man's toe nail back and jumps under ! totally horrible and uncalled for.

Macy
16/11/2004, 3:12 PM
probably needless to say but those jaysus ads for ringtones and pictures and horoscopes and any other ould sh!te really get on me wick. They're just short of showing the same ad repeatedly for three mins as well
57777 "blimp".... fook off you annoying dicks. Harvey Norman would be an improvement....

Harvey Norman not even the most annoying ad on radio, it's that castrol one with the scratches...

the 12 th man
17/11/2004, 7:12 AM
permanent/tsb: the soprano connection.
what a waste of money.all completely lame.all i can remember is your man's choppers jumping out of his gob.

$Leon$
17/11/2004, 9:23 AM
or that one whe the little germ b@stard rips your man's toe nail back and jumps under ! totally horrible and uncalled for.

can't watch that one.
have to turn the other way.
unbearable.
as bad as watchin someone put in/take out contacts

atfconline
17/11/2004, 11:59 AM
The new Snack ads, on TV and radio do my head in. Actually all those new Cadbury Happiness ones too.

Maz
17/11/2004, 12:01 PM
ah i think they're hilarious