PDA

View Full Version : Champions League

higgins
15/11/2004, 10:52 PM
Here is a post I found on one of the UEFA Forums....

It just goes to show how Vital the 2-2 with Lille was and again again again Shame on the people who were small minded and wished Shels would get beat.

Another thing, CLQR1-05 is taking format now. If Shelbourne(2.375) win Irl PL, they will be seeded. If Cork (1.375) win, they will probably be seeded as well, just depending on one team - Birkirkara(1.990). So far Sliema (0.990) leading MLT PL.

So that one point Shelbourne took vs. Lille in UCR1, may prove vital if Cork win Irl PL. Cork(1.375), Dinamo Minsk (1,347)....

Meaning that Dinamo Minsk (1.347) will be unseeded. None of the CLQR1-teams will be seeded in CLQR2. Theoretically Ljubljana (6.584), but they are way down in SVN PL. APOEL (5.695) need two or three miracles. Forget it.

onceahoop
15/11/2004, 11:25 PM
Here is a post I found on one of the UEFA Forums....

It just goes to show how Vital the 2-2 with Lille was and again again again Shame on the people who were small minded and wished Shels would get beat.

Fair play to Shels, Higgins.

What about Longford??? :p :D

higgins
18/11/2004, 8:37 AM
Dont start me!!

I am a little annoyed that Bohs are not the 3rd team in Europe this season as I think they are the 3rd best team this year ...

Hopefully Longford will buy a decent striker and llearn from Vaduz,
Fingers crossed all 3 teams get at least a first round win.

Also we are currently 38th in Europe

If we were to get to 25th we would get another european spot!!!

ShelsTim
18/11/2004, 8:33 PM
Dont start me!!

I am a little annoyed that Bohs are not the 3rd team in Europe this season as I think they are the 3rd best team this year ...

Hopefully Longford will buy a decent striker and llearn from Vaduz,
Fingers crossed all 3 teams get at least a first round win.

Also we are currently 38th in Europe

If we were to get to 25th we would get another european spot!!!

Don't we need a load of points for that? I think it should be expected at this stage for Shels and Cork to get past the first round. Longford can do it to if they're in form, to really build though we need to get both Shels and Cork into the third round again and perform better than last year. As in, go out on away goals.

dancinpants
18/11/2004, 9:29 PM
Meaning that Dinamo Minsk (1.347) will be unseeded. None of the CLQR1-teams will be seeded in CLQR2. Theoretically Ljubljana (6.584), but they are way down in SVN PL. APOEL (5.695) need two or three miracles. Forget it.

Thats great and all - and shows alot of progress BUT getting seeded by the skin of your teeth is all very well but when you think that there will be teams of a higher calibre unseeded...well put it this way, theres alot more room for improvement!