PDA

View Full Version : random questions on Band Aid 20 single....

Pauro 76
15/11/2004, 5:17 PM
Line up announced today. But how the hell did those wretched runts Busted get in there? And Daniel Bedingfield whose voice makes me want to kill someone. I know its not meant to be the cream of todays music, but Will Young, dreary Dido, ? Coldplay, Keane, Snow Patrol are there at least making the whole thing fairly credible. But the one line in the song that Bono sings, "and tonight thank God its them instead of you", am i the only one who thinks that line is a wee bit selfish? Rant over! :)

Maz
15/11/2004, 5:23 PM
Line up announced today. But how the hell did those wretched runts Busted get in there? And Daniel Bedingfield whose voice makes me want to kill someone. I know its not meant to be the cream of todays music, but Will Young, dreary Dido, ? Coldplay, Keane, Snow Patrol are there at least making the whole thing fairly credible. But the one line in the song that Bono sings, "and tonight thank God its them instead of you", am i the only one who thinks that line is a wee bit selfish? Rant over! :)

Little to rant about!! ah seriously agree with the above except for Daniel Bedingfield i think hes great and the album was fantastic!!

$Leon$
15/11/2004, 7:54 PM
song that Bono sings, "and tonight thank God its them instead of you", am i the only one who thinks that line is a wee bit selfish? Rant over! :)

mr hewson is hardly the man for accurate statements.
at a u2 concert a while back (prob the 80's in america) paul spoke of been a part of "holy catholic ireland"
wouldn't mind but ders only 1 catholic in the band and it ain't paul

Macy
16/11/2004, 7:24 AM
mr hewson is hardly the man for accurate statements.
at a u2 concert a while back (prob the 80's in america) paul spoke of been a part of "holy catholic ireland"
wouldn't mind but ders only 1 catholic in the band and it ain't paul
Are you sure? I thought Bono and Larry were Catholic, Edge and Adam were Protestant. Regardless, thanks to Dev Ireland (the State) has been tied to the Catholic Church for decades so not really that inaccurate anyway....

$Leon$
16/11/2004, 9:59 AM
no larry mullen jnr is the only catholic in the band. dave evans reckons he doesn't even have enough irish roots to play soccer for ireland. prob get in on by marryin a irish wan

Troy.McClure
16/11/2004, 12:17 PM
Anyone see the lead guy from the Darkness saying that his version of Bono's line was better but that Bono 'needed' it? Mr One Hit Wonder was quite funny in his little rant about 'the politics' stopping him getting the line :D

green goblin
16/11/2004, 12:52 PM
The record is all about making a ton of money so a whole bunch on babies and children don't starve to a painful death for nothing. Who cares if the drummer from supergrass doesn't play like Phil Collins? All pop music's cr*p at the end of the day, and having Dizee Rascall pretending to be Joh Barnes was never going to be a good idea whoever was playing on it. No, it's about "Bob Gandalf", as Joss Stone called him, fining a novel way of getting people to part with loads of cash so he and his freidns can do their best to save the lives of ordinary people like you or I who find themselves in an actual living hell through no fault of their own.

Roo69
16/11/2004, 12:59 PM
The record is all about making a ton of money so a whole bunch on babies and children don't starve to a painful death for nothing.

Was listening to an interview last night oin the way home from work on the last word, very interesting. An Irish man who has been living and helping in Sudan for the past 20 years was saying Genocide (sp ?) is the biggest problem at present and that no matter how much money was raised from it that it would not do any use, but that it was helpful towards helping in different suitations. He was also saying that europe has done nothing to help stop this adn the US were much more pro-active in trying to prevent it etc....anyone else hear it ?

carrickharp
16/11/2004, 1:15 PM
Just heard this single on the radio and do you know what?

It’s bloody awful :eek: .

green goblin
16/11/2004, 1:20 PM
Was listening to an interview last night oin the way home from work on the last word, very interesting. An Irish man who has been living and helping in Sudan for the past 20 years was saying Genocide (sp ?) is the biggest problem at present and that no matter how much money was raised from it that it would not do any use, but that it was helpful towards helping in different suitations. He was also saying that europe has done nothing to help stop this adn the US were much more pro-active in trying to prevent it etc....anyone else hear it ?

Well, this is the trouble isn't it? It's one thing to send over plane loads of food, if the lorries carrying them can't get passed the blockades of the militiamen and gangs of armed-to-the-teeth psychopaths. The African Union peacekeepers have done almost, but not quite, next to nothing to stop them. The U.S. won't intervene unless there's oil in them thar hills, and so you're left with a 'what else can we do?' situation like this...

sadloserkid
16/11/2004, 3:08 PM
The record is all about making a ton of money so a whole bunch on babies and children don't starve to a painful death for nothing.

Exactly. Anything else irrelevant.

Though I'm disappointed that somebody didn't see the obviousness of getting Snow Patrol to sing 'There won't be snow in Africa this Christmas'... :(

liam88
16/11/2004, 3:26 PM
Just heard this single on the radio and do you know what?

It’s bloody awful :eek: .

Aye .....but as has been said i'll be buyinmg it because of the cause :D