PDA

View Full Version : Cheats

Pablo
08/01/2002, 5:29 PM
same ol dublin.........

Éanna
08/01/2002, 5:39 PM
in fairness to pats- all they did was appeal the decision, the same as anyone else would have. the FAI are the cheats/idiots in this one.

wws
09/01/2002, 10:33 AM
Goes without saying, there was never any attempt to gain an unfair or sneaky advantage over other clubs in the failure to re-register existing Saint, Paul Marney ....ie nothing approaching "cheating" occurred in this case

now the whole mechanics of how Pats should be penalised for the administrative oversight is the nub of it, we can argue that til the cows come home but registering players is to prevent the use of so called "bangers" or in pro terms one week wonders parachuted in for specific games or periods of a season and who leave just as quick......... Paul Marney was never in this category therefore the full deduction of 9 points would have been an injustice against the very purpose and intention of the rule of the first place

unfortunately some people have been more concerned with the postal mechanics of the rule and havent asked themselves what the rule is meant to prevent in the first place.....but than c'est la vie

Marney was never a banger always a Pats player and its disengenuous of Ollie or anyone else to claim that his club was at a material disadvatage to a "cheating" pats because someone mixed up an envelope

Pablo
09/01/2002, 12:21 PM
any of ye remember when CCFC was deducted for fielding an ineligible player was it 1995? we didnt get our points back....but then again we aint from dubland.....

A face
09/01/2002, 11:34 PM
But i am glad the whole thing is over !!!

James
09/01/2002, 11:37 PM
but thats the thing face it aint over..not unless pats win the league by say 10 or 11 points

otherwise you are going to have a situation where Ollie byrne-ladin, and the $heliban object again, go back to the high court or take it to european court or something cause he will

either way the league is fooked, and looks childish,
CCFC should fit in perfectly here so

Pablo
10/01/2002, 12:41 PM
if we miss out on the title or a place in europe will you guys not be angry at this decision? i support $hel£ objections on this. never thought i'd say it but i do