PDA

View Full Version : If Pats Score

thecorner
15/11/2004, 1:57 AM
do we let the players know by massive cheering or are we better off to stay silent in case of nerves and all that

would be very hard to stay silent

canu imagine the ball going out for a throw or something and next a massive roar goes out through the cross, they think we are off our games, cheering a throw ball :D

higgins
15/11/2004, 5:37 AM
Do you not remember Shels cheering for Drogheda last year???

That was more exciting them the actual game we were winning!!!

Gary
15/11/2004, 7:55 AM
would be very hard to stay silent

Try impossible. It will always filter through to the players, no matter what.

paudie
15/11/2004, 9:07 AM
I guarantee that in the first 15 minutes of the game word will spread in the ground that Pats have gone ahead, even if they haven't.

City should put a screen in a corner of the ground showing the Shels game, so we know what the score is :D

Gary
15/11/2004, 9:17 AM
Remember the last time it came to the last day of the season

SPA were playing relegated Bray. Same situation. City needed to win (and duly beat Shams 3-0), and needed SPA to lose. All of a sudden, a roar went up in The Shed, as if Bray had scored. Unfortunatley it was a ruse :(

jimhacker
15/11/2004, 9:31 AM
Remember the last time it came to the last day of the season

SPA were playing relegated Bray. Same situation. City needed to win (and duly beat Shams 3-0), and needed SPA to lose. All of a sudden, a roar went up in The Shed, as if Bray had scored. Unfortunatley it was a ruse :(

I*%$@# well remember it only too well!

GavinZac
15/11/2004, 9:52 AM
I*%$@# well remember it only too well!

tears to my eyes :(

James
15/11/2004, 9:55 AM
same time
same place

THIS YEAR

:ball:

GavinZac
15/11/2004, 10:10 AM
same time
same place

THIS YEAR

:ball:

i'll never forgive him. liar.

Éanna
15/11/2004, 11:22 AM
All of a sudden, a roar went up in The Shed, as if Bray had scored. Unfortunatley it was a ruse :(
i remember being in the middle of the shed, listening to the bray game on the radio- bray hit the post and some fella in front of me started roaring. madness. the absolute heartbreak of finding out he'd jumped the gun :mad: :(

patsh
15/11/2004, 11:44 AM
Have to say that I can see $hels going at it hammer and things from the kickoff, and can see them going 2 or even 3 up. They will try to win the game in the first 30 minutes, they won't want to be hanging around until the second half on level terms or even worse, go behind. They can then sit back and defend for the rest of the game......

The SPA fans mightn't like it, but their team aren't up to stopping $hels....:(

ccfcman
15/11/2004, 11:48 AM
We all know Pats would rather beat Shels and see City win the league of the two, I think Shels amy slip up but I'm not confident against Bohs :(

Colm
15/11/2004, 11:53 AM
We all know Pats would rather beat Shels and see City win the league of the two, I think Shels amy slip up but I'm not confident against Bohs :(

I think everyone's forgetting that point. Don't be assuming we'll beat Bohs at all folks.
Shels might slip up but it will be irrelevant if we draw or lose. Let's concentrate on our own game and see what happens.

ccfcman
15/11/2004, 11:54 AM
. Don't be assuming we'll beat Bohs at all folks.

Indeed, Bohs are our new bogey team I think, we've seriously struggled against them this season.

ccfcgirl
15/11/2004, 11:54 AM
If pats score id say everycity fan would be screaming the place down the players will defiantly find out .bohs fans will be screaming too id say if pats score ,

liamon
15/11/2004, 11:59 AM
....but I'm not confident against Bohs :(

How can you not be confident against Bohs. We're at home. We're the form team. The majority of Bohs squad have nothing to play for.

We will win. :)

Shels losing is something I'm not confident of. :(

paudie
15/11/2004, 12:03 PM
At least Pats players should be up for it on Friday.

They had a bad result on Friday losing to Rovers so John McDonnell will be looking for a big improvement.

Plus Pats hate Shels anyway.

tiktok
15/11/2004, 12:28 PM
The majority of Bohs squad have nothing to play for

if the rumours are to be believed, half of them are playing for Champions league football next year. :D

jimhacker
15/11/2004, 12:43 PM
i remember being in the middle of the shed, listening to the bray game on the radio- bray hit the post and some fella in front of me started roaring. madness. the absolute heartbreak of finding out he'd jumped the gun :mad: :(

Has he been discharged yet?

Ozymandias
15/11/2004, 2:33 PM
city will beat bohs..that is a given ..the roll they are on and the form they are in at home will deffo carry them through..bI think shels will only draw with pats (pats don't have the fire power )..it won't be enough I fear but sue we can dream and show our appreciation of a team that prior to this run looked like third place was out of reach..fair play to one and all

pete
15/11/2004, 3:07 PM
Matters little to players what score in Richmond is. City have to beat Bohs first as worst thing would be drawing or losing at the the cross when Shels also lost.

Flynninio
15/11/2004, 3:22 PM
i have a lot of confidence in pats. for the one reason is that the game is on tv. if it wasnt on tv i could see them just taking defeat easily. but while on tv they should be that little bit more tuned in(pardon the pun ;) ).

liamon
15/11/2004, 4:36 PM
if the rumours are to be believed, half of them are playing for Champions league football next year. :D
Not quite half, but a fair few. Hence the reference to majority.

adamd164
15/11/2004, 5:27 PM
if it wasnt on tv i could see them just taking defeat easily.
Nah, Pat's would never lie down and take defeat from Shels - they hate the *******s as much as we do!