PDA

View Full Version : Conor Online!

sligoman
14/11/2004, 8:00 PM
Rovers manager, Sean Connor, will be on-line at 7 pm on Thursday next 18 November to answer your questions on all things Bit O'Red. A link to the chat will appear here on Thursday evening.

Read it here:
www.sligorovers.com

gustavo
14/11/2004, 10:05 PM
thats good news!
if you wont be around you should leave any questions here i suppose and im sure some1 will ask them :)

Paraic
15/11/2004, 9:59 AM
thats good news!
if you wont be around you should leave any questions here i suppose and im sure some1 will ask them :)

Please note that those who access the web from work, may have problems with accessing the chat because of firewalls etc. Unfortunately, there's nothing technically I can do about that.

If people can't make it on the night or firewalls prevent access, then post your questions here. I can't guarantee they'll be answered on the night though, as the priority will be given to questions asked during the one hour chat.

Paraic

Paraic
18/11/2004, 12:28 PM
http://pub21.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/1779265662

Click on the link above to enter the chat room at 7 pm this evening. Please log in using either your name, your foot.ie user name or your old sligoweb user name. Questions will only be taken from people who identify themselves in this way. Enjoy the chat !

Redzer
18/11/2004, 1:59 PM
1. What finishing position for Sligo Rovers in 2005, would he consider as a sucessful season?
2. What size squad does he consider necessary to compete in the 1st Div?
3. What budget would he consider necessary, in order to put a team together capable of contesting the 1st Div title?
4. Are there any changes in structures at the Showgrounds, he would like to see implemented?
5. What role would he see for the supporters in aiding him next season ?

dublinred
18/11/2004, 2:05 PM
Can we have a 1 year plan to get out of the first divison rather than 2 consectutive 3 year plans.

sligoman
18/11/2004, 2:19 PM
1. What does he think of the squad he has inherited from Don O' Riordan.
2. Will he be cutting down the size of the squad.
3. Is their any truth in the rumours that McTiernan and Cretaro are joining Galway.
4. Why does he persist in playing Gorman and Jack when they have never proved themselves for Rovers. :D
5. What does he think of the Sligo Rovers supporters,considering we no longer have a singing crowd like we used too.
6. Is he going to buy a new keeper as cover/replacement for Rouse as we really only have him and O'Malley(Then suggest Ciaran Kelly to him ;) )

sligoman
18/11/2004, 2:20 PM
1. What finishing position for Sligo Rovers in 2005, would he consider as a sucessful season?

Good Question!

1 9 2 8
18/11/2004, 6:53 PM
5. What does he think of the Sligo Rovers supporters,considering we no longer have a singing crowd like we used too.
That's because UEFA closed down the shed and we're not allowed stand up in the new stand :mad:

Paraic
18/11/2004, 7:25 PM
1. What finishing position for Sligo Rovers in 2005, would he consider as a successful season?

Realistically, we have to get into the top three. I’m obviously aiming for promotion, but it’s not going to happen overnight and I think, if we are to get to the top flight in the next few seasons, a top three finish next year will be a step in the right direction

2. What size squad does he consider necessary to compete in the 1st Div?

The quality of the players is more important than the size of the squad. What I’m hoping to do is bring in up to 6 –7 quality players of premier quality to add to the players that will be staying on.

3. What budget would he consider necessary, in order to put a team together capable of contesting the 1st Div title?

Not going to answer questions on finance – suffice to say that the club will not only have to look to planning for life in the First Division, but the longer term financial health will also have to considered

4. Are there any changes in structures at the Showgrounds, he would like to see implemented?

My only concern is changes to the team and coaching structure and anything outside of that is outside my remit. I have every confidence in the Board to support me in every way they can

5. What role would he see for the supporters in aiding him next season ?

I feel supporters have avery big part to play – I want to make the Showgrounds a fortress at home next year and for the supporters to be an extra man. When the team are under pressure, is when we really need supporters, not when we’re on top. I’ve heard a lot about the Bit ORed fans, I want to give you a team to be proud of again.

1. What does he think of the squad he has inherited from Don O' Riordan.

It’s inevitable that there will be changes in playing staff when there’s a change in manager. Of the squad I’ve inherited, I have some very good players here. We’ve got some players who won’t be staying. That’s always the way in football

2. Will he be cutting down the size of the squad.
I’ve said before that I’m hoping to reduce the squad to about 18 first team players, to be supplemented with players from the u21 squad when necessary.

3. Is their any truth in the rumours that McTiernan and Cretaro are joining Galway.

No. Both players figure, very heavily in my plans for next year. But let me know where you heard the rumour from. McTiernan has a year left on his deal and Cretaro signed a new contract last night.

4. Why does he persist in playing Gorman and Jack when they have never proved themselves for Rovers.
Both players are in the squad I inherited and I had to have a look at everyone.

I’ve been a bit disappointed with the noise created by the crowd, however, it is my intention to give you all a team next year to sing and shout about.

6. Is he going to buy a new keeper as cover/replacement for Rouse as we really only have him and O'Malley(Then suggest Ciaran Kelly to him )

I’m speaking to a very experienced goalkeeper who will be first choice and will also work with Alvin to improve his game. If this doesn’t come off, I’ve always got the opportunity of going to Birmingham for a loan keeper.

1 9 2 8
18/11/2004, 7:44 PM
I wasn't able to log in

sligoman
18/11/2004, 8:00 PM
I wasn't able to log in

I've put the majority of interview in another thread, and the whole thing is on www.sligorovers.com