PDA

View Full Version : One to watch : Daniel McDonnel

sparkey
03/11/2014, 3:16 PM
Daniel McDonnel, in todays indo:

"One to Watch

Galway's promotion is a hugely positive development for the league and it will give those who believe the creative Ryan Manning is the real deal the chance to see how he matches up with the best."

How is the team that finished 3rd, 11 points behind the division champions, a more "hugely positive" development than the promotion of a club who won their league by 11 points, and has an infrastructure both on and off the pitch that the league can be rightly proud of.

Galway at this stage are an amalgamated club ripe for disaster again when they have to finance premier league expenditure.:mad:

Olander
03/11/2014, 3:42 PM
Untangle your knickers.

McDonnell chose Ryan Manning as a player to watch in 2015 and he added a few lines of praise for the club, so what. He could've chosen Jamie Mulhall but attackers will always get more of the limelight.

Don't go out of your way to be offended by things on the internet.

outspoken
03/11/2014, 4:07 PM
Haven't read the article but to be fair, Manning has been highlighted as a potential super star of the future for quite a few seasons now so it's no surprise to see him being highlighted again. Personally I fully believe that Jamie Mulhall is the best young right full in the country at the moment and he will defo make a career across the water for himself where as Manning could be another one of these young players that just never live up to all the early headlines, no one really knows.

Longfordian
03/11/2014, 4:19 PM
Jaysus of all things to be getting upset about! Manning looks a class act.

Macy
10/11/2014, 10:39 AM
I'd say Dan is still holding a grudge from Stuey Holts free kick in 2002. FACT.

Martinho II
10/11/2014, 3:50 PM
I'd say Dan is still holding a grudge from Stuey Holts free kick in 2002. FACT.

I did not know that DMD was a Dundalk fan?

Longfordian
10/11/2014, 4:22 PM
Yeah he's always been a Dundalk fan, I remember him as a student posting on Johnny Ward's old Eircom League message board. He wrote a piece for the Indo after Dundalk's league win where he "confessed" to those that didn't know already!

The Donie Forde
10/11/2014, 4:35 PM
Yeah he's always been a Dundalk fan, I remember him as a student posting on Johnny Ward's old Eircom League message board. He wrote a piece for the Indo after Dundalk's league win where he "confessed" to those that didn't know already!

Johnny Ward... That was a great old message board, to be fair.

Longfordian
10/11/2014, 5:13 PM
Yeah it was a good place. Wasted many's an hour on there whilst in college myself.