PDA

View Full Version : UCD-It's over

sligoman
13/11/2004, 10:50 PM
Sorry guys, I think your hopes of winning the league are gone, thanks to Kildare's defeat to Harps.Harps are not going to slip up now at this stage.Hard luck, tell me if you disagree

CollegeTillIDie
13/11/2004, 11:06 PM
Sligoman

If it was anybody else but the bould Harps I would agree with you 100%.
However, we at Belfield, refer to our friends from Ballybofey affectionately as CHOKE because they have traditionally blown things at the last minute.
Having secured promotion they are due a choker, and quite frankly they would be better off choking next Saturday and gifting UCD the title than say, to choke for the whole of 2005 and return to the lower echelons of the EL.

So we will not give up hope till a rotund female vocalist begins clearing her throat.

P.S. thanks for the moral support by the way ;)

sligoman
13/11/2004, 11:13 PM
Well Collegetil.I hope your right but I cant see them slipping up now.I want UCD to win cos I hate to see Harps do well but next Saturday I think the First Division trophy will be heading to the North West,sorry.Who are ye and Harps playing anyway?

CollegeTillIDie
14/11/2004, 7:42 AM
Sligoman

Finn Harps are at home but not sure to whom; we are at home to Kilkenny City.

HarpoJoyce
14/11/2004, 11:40 AM
Finn Harps v. Dundalk. It's not over 'til it's over.

Are both matches due for the same k.o. time?

1 9 2 8
14/11/2004, 12:28 PM
Good luck lads hope ye win it :)

sligoman
14/11/2004, 12:44 PM
Sligoman

Finn Harps are at home but not sure to whom; we are at home to Kilkenny City.

Cheers.I'm going for two home wins.Hopefully I'm wrong on the Finn Harps one.Time will tell,Good Luck!

CollegeTillIDie
14/11/2004, 12:56 PM
Finn Harps v. Dundalk. It's not over 'til it's over.

Are both matches due for the same k.o. time?

Harpo

yes according to the papers and reports posted on foot.ie both matches take place on Saturday @7:45

Schumi
15/11/2004, 11:49 AM
Sorry guys, I think your hopes of winning the league are gone, thanks to Kildare's defeat to Harps.Harps are not going to slip up now at this stage.Hard luck, tell me if you disagree
Difficult to disagree too much, the Kildare game was always the more likely one for Harps to mess up in. The only thing is that Dundalk looked decent enough in the first half so hopefully they might be able to get something from Harps. Harps are massive favourites now though.

Aberdonian Stu
15/11/2004, 12:11 PM
Ach ye spineless dogs, have some faith in the men of Belfield.

carrickharp
15/11/2004, 12:23 PM
Gad ye Sligo fans are bitter, it has been 1974 since we last won somthing worthwhile. Anyway as this is a UCD thread I will not count my chickens by saying hard luck just yet, it's not over until the final whistle next Saturday, but it has been a very memorable season looking foward to 2005 in top flight!

John83
15/11/2004, 4:42 PM
Ach ye spineless dogs, have some faith in the men of Belfield.
There is no lack of faith in the lads, but rather in Dundalk. Would you suggest we have faith in Dundalk? Has the Belfieldian gone mad?

Aberdonian Stu
16/11/2004, 10:58 AM
No you fool and never let such blasphemy be spoken again. I feel that our man can transmit the vibes of Belfield to old soldiers like Dunne and that Dundalk shall be possessed by our spirit.

pineapple stu
18/11/2004, 12:26 PM
Think I have to agree with Sligoman...looks all over. But sure we're up anyways, and we'll finish above them next year, which is much more important!