PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Fast Food?

sligoman
13/11/2004, 10:36 PM
To carry on with the favourite food thing, what about your favourite FF?

Supermacs,
McDonalds,
Burger King,
Luigis(For the Longford guys :D ),
Eddie Rockets,
KFC,
Lennox's(for A face and the Corkers :D )
4 Lanterns(Sligo & Donegal people)
Did I miss any?
Other, please state?

Again Poll wanted if possible,TY ;)

Oh ya, mines Supermacs-Cod Burger and Garlic cheese chips-Scrumdidilyumptious :D
In second place-4 Lanterns-Big 4 or Dinner box :p

A face
13/11/2004, 10:39 PM
Lennox's :D .... any good self respecting Cork person would have to pick that one !! :p

gustavo
14/11/2004, 8:36 AM
ah now sligoman i am doubting whether you are a sligoman at all you left out the 4 lights!

Ruairi
14/11/2004, 10:37 AM
A chips cheese and curry from Lennox's, along with a couple of battered sausages and two pints of milk.

magic.

drinkfeckarse
14/11/2004, 12:21 PM
Has to be the Zinger Tower burger from KFC :)

Hard to top that one.Feckin lovely :)

sligoman
14/11/2004, 12:46 PM
ah now sligoman i am doubting whether you are a sligoman at all you left out the 4 lights!

Well I know that but they're only in Sligo and Donegal,ah feck i'll put it in so

SÓC
14/11/2004, 12:54 PM
Kebabs from Ege Kebab at Donovan's Road near UCC or any real Kebab shop in Ireland(i.e. not Abra).

Lennox's chip and pie

Bartie's spice burger

A face
14/11/2004, 1:21 PM
Bartie's spice burger

Where the feic is Bartie's ??

Meat pies in Lennox's were the job, sadly they dont do them anymore.

Colm
14/11/2004, 1:28 PM
Donatellos Pizza
Lennox's
Dino's
McDonalds

In that order.

thecorner
14/11/2004, 1:29 PM
dominoes pizza
jumbos chineese shandon street
lennox's

sligoman
14/11/2004, 1:33 PM
Pizza Hut with the stuffed crust is lovely but I did'nt put them in cos they're not fast food

gustavo
14/11/2004, 6:41 PM
supposedly Pizza Hut and KFC are coming to Sligo soon :)

Maz
14/11/2004, 8:00 PM
Luigis!!! :D

max power
14/11/2004, 8:04 PM
Luigis!!! :D

ya don't say, had it yesterday for breakfast

Longfordian
14/11/2004, 9:15 PM
'Tis a Longford tradition to have a post Cup Final curry chips from Luigis and eat them in John Joe's..well it's my tradition anyway!..partial to a battered sausage now and again too

max power
14/11/2004, 9:22 PM
'Tis a Longford tradition to have a post Cup Final curry chips from Luigis and eat them in John Joe's..well it's my tradition anyway!..partial to a battered sausage now and again too

sat night after the drogs game we will be headin to hq for end of seasen lamenting :(

Éanna
14/11/2004, 9:52 PM
Lennox's quarter pounder and chips cheese and garlic.
Macari's (I think) in Kildare- nice food on the way back from trips to the pale.
The one on main street in longford just round the corner from the anvil- can't remember the name. Nice pizza and nice chips too

max power
14/11/2004, 9:57 PM
Lennox's quarter pounder and chips cheese and garlic.
Macari's (I think) in Kildare- nice food on the way back from trips to the pale.
The one on main street in longford just round the corner from the anvil- can't remember the name. Nice pizza and nice chips too

its not main st, its ballymahon st and its deli-burger.......sorry but i'm a luigi's man.

haven't eatin in deli in bout 8 yrs :eek: , jebus i'm gettin old :(

Éanna
14/11/2004, 10:39 PM
thats the one. basically I make up my mind which of the two to go to based on whether I find myself going out the door of Blue or Blazers. Whichever is on the way home* like :D

*= in Longford is the Anvil ;)

max power
14/11/2004, 10:40 PM
thats the one. basically I make up my mind which of the two to go to based on whether I find myself going out the door of Blue or Blazers. Whichever is on the way home like :D

u drink there more than me :D

Thomo
15/11/2004, 12:02 AM
me da's a longford man so i know it well,and deli burger is bad. luigis is the best fast food ever!! one of my fav things about longford town.

( my mother is from galway, so i put the avatar up to **** my dad off, i love longford tho)

razor
15/11/2004, 8:28 AM
For me it has to be Gurran* Chipper next to the Parochial Hall
Chips and Curry and a pie and then followed off by a double burger with everything on it, and I mean everything.

* For South siders - pronounced Grawn

ccfcman
15/11/2004, 8:31 AM
Matty Kiely's next to Smyths or KC's out in Douglas across from the Shell garage

Macy
15/11/2004, 8:39 AM
sat night after the drogs game we will be headin to hq for end of seasen lamenting :(
Cameras up now, so HQ gone forever..... ;)

Taco Chips from the place that used to be Abra in Longford. No other abra gets near it in terms of taco chips. If not there, curry chips from Luigi's.

Dublin, Apache Pizza are the best takeaways. Best for convenience used to be Spicy Wedges from the 24 hour shop in Portobello.

Gary
15/11/2004, 10:18 AM
Matty Kiely's next to Smyths

Man, yopu could feel your arteries clogging eating there. Its great, plus Matty is a character, so there is entertainment as well as lovely chips.

Very partial to 4 Star Pizza

Dinos in Bishopstown have lovely BBQ Rib burgers

Lennoxs obviously

If in Dublin, mad pizza in Inchicore. Beschoffs is dead nice as well in town, but waay to pricey.

ccfcman
15/11/2004, 11:21 AM
Apache pizza are very pricey but tasty, I must say that Subway in Cork is quite nice if you want something a little different, its not the greatest in the world but it beats a floury chip in MaccieDs any day.

Ah Matty Kiely a character indeed, just don't ask for Curry Chips "Do this look like a fu*kin' Indian take-away?" and never say that you want no onions on your burger, 'cos you'll just be give a big old onion burger!

Ah well the signs are there that Mattey is crazy, I mean he supports Sunderland :eek:

$Leon$
15/11/2004, 11:59 AM
no one seems to have mentioned the official chip supplier to the north dublin el teams. leo burdocks

harpskid
15/11/2004, 12:15 PM
Ahhhhhhhh, the 4 lights. Can't beat the dinner box :cool:

Babysis
15/11/2004, 12:46 PM
me da's a longford man so i know it well,and deli burger is bad. luigis is the best fast food ever!! one of my fav things about longford town.

( my mother is from galway, so i put the avatar up to **** my dad off, i love longford tho)

Oh yeah that really broke dad's heart! :D

Gary
15/11/2004, 12:52 PM
Ah Matty Kiely a character indeed, just don't ask for Curry Chips "Do this look like a fu*kin' Indian take-away?" and never say that you want no onions on your burger, 'cos you'll just be give a big old onion burger!

Ah well the signs are there that Mattey is crazy, I mean he supports Sunderland :eek:

A friend of mine once asked for a napkin. Sweet Jesus, Matty went mental, starting throwing scraps of newspapers at him, saying "excuse me sir, excuse me, would you like a napkin, is the newspaper not good enough for you?".

Another time I asked for a can of Rock Shandy. "Youll have coke, orange or nothing" was his answer.

Oh, and you better say please and thank you.

JoeSemi
15/11/2004, 1:08 PM
no one seems to have mentioned the official chip supplier to the north dublin el teams. leo burdocks

I'm not an advocate of fast-food Leon but even Leo's lovely aroma in Tolka had me cravin a bit of the auld greasy stuff. I do recall you wouldn't budge for fear of a 10yr old who "looked like he'd stab ye"!! :D

Risteard
15/11/2004, 1:16 PM
It would have to be runner beans.
:D

Sorry

Lionel Ritchie
15/11/2004, 1:20 PM
Once spent an evening in Urlingford county Kilkenny where they've a veritable institution called a "Puddin' Box". Basically a snack box but with blacknwhite puds instead of chicken. Feckin' brialliant after a skinfull of pints. :)

Best in Limerick is still and always will be Donkey Fords Fishn'Chips across from St. Johns Catherdral.

Colm
15/11/2004, 2:49 PM

Yeah I must say that Leo Burdocks was the job any time I had it.

sligoman
15/11/2004, 3:41 PM
supposedly Pizza Hut and KFC are coming to Sligo soon :)

I know Gustavo, their is meant to be a Pizza Hut,drive thru Mc Donald's and drive thru KFC but that ****er Lyons has fecked it all up :mad:

Éanna
15/11/2004, 5:13 PM
burdocks food is absolutely disgusting. it makes most crappy half time burgers taste like fine cuisine

Partizan
15/11/2004, 6:22 PM
I'm off home in half an hour to have pot noodles and Findus Crispy Pancakes.

Is that sheer total bliss or what? :p

Maz
15/11/2004, 7:50 PM

definately what!

$Leon$
15/11/2004, 7:56 PM
I know Gustavo, their is meant to be a Pizza Hut,drive thru Mc Donald's and drive thru KFC but that ****er Lyons has fecked it all up :mad:

big fan of the zinger tower in kfc
dey have a drive through in the blanch.
handy to stop off at on the way home.
drive-thru handy cos u don't have to get out of the car in such a dangerous area

TheJamaicanP.M.
15/11/2004, 8:23 PM
big fan of the zinger tower in kfc
dey have a drive through in the blanch.
handy to stop off at on the way home.
drive-thru handy cos u don't have to get out of the car in such a dangerous area

I'll take your word for it!!

Thomo
16/11/2004, 12:28 AM
Oh yeah that really broke dad's heart!

and there goes all hope i had of concealing us being related. :( cheers. :D

Macy
16/11/2004, 7:12 AM

Fookin students....

Dillo
16/11/2004, 5:55 PM
drive-thru handy cos u don't have to get out of the car in such a dangerous area[/QUOTE]

No, coz you don't want the trouble of getting out of the car! :p

dortie
16/11/2004, 6:20 PM
Cant beat ......

A Chicken Vindaloo and Garlic Nan with a pint of Ice cold water.....

Any decent Chinese, not the greasy tasteless type you get in most Irish Cities or Towns.

An Extravaganza from Domino's is also hard to whack !

$Leon$
17/11/2004, 9:11 AM
payed a visit to luigis in ranelagh last night.
faboulous chips batter sausage wasn't bad either.
think i'll call back again some time.
anyone else no the place?

the 12 th man
17/11/2004, 9:14 AM
A Chicken Vindaloo and Garlic Nan with a pint of Ice cold water.....

also recommend when eating a vindaloo
put a toilet roll in your deep freeze for the next morning :D

sligoman
17/11/2004, 1:08 PM
also recommend when eating a vindaloo
put a toilet roll in your deep freeze for the next morning :D

:D :D :D :D

Pauro 76
20/11/2004, 8:46 AM
Supermacs..... seriously im getting cravings for the snack boxes! Come on Mr. Supermac, open an outlet in London, ill be your best customer!!! :)